IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod

district 9 - 6/10

basically a very formulaic sci fi action movie dressed up to be something meaningful and innovative. enjoyable and the mech was pretty sweet, but overall, don't believe the hype on this one.

Guest beatfanatic

lock stock- quality movie. i've seen it now i guess around 3 times. classic

if you wanna watch it for the fourth time,watch snatch

I love both those movies though.

Guest iamabe

man, district 9 was such a frustrating movie. did anyone else fucking hate Wikus?

i really didnt give a shit about any character in this movie, except the poppy and babby aliens. they were the only ones that mattered.

man, district 9 was such a frustrating movie. did anyone else fucking hate Wikus?

i really didnt give a shit about any character in this movie, except the poppy and babby aliens. they were the only ones that mattered.

i liked Wikus as a character. it was a nice change from the typical action hero

lock stock- quality movie. i've seen it now i guess around 3 times. classic

if you wanna watch it for the fourth time,watch snatch

I love both those movies though.

i haven't watched snatch yet. it's on the list to watch i guess but thanks for the "bump"

Starshit Troopers - 6.5/10

6.5? odd score for such a love-it-or-hate-it film, i guess? i don't really buy verhoeven's patented form of camp much myself.

naked lunch - shit, still a favorite. up there with welles' the trial. pretty fking harrowing.

man i really still want to see the trial; i haven't seen any kafka film adaptations yet. kind of curious about the haneke version of the castle too

Guest analogue wings

you're supposed to, he's a prick. duh.

watched raw deal, the aahnold movie from the 80s, for some odd reason. it wasn't nearly as cool as i remembered it was when i last saw it as a kid. it was quite crap, even for a 80s schwarzenegger flick, which usually do have some of the good old 80s action movie charm.

I've rewatched the three versions of Close Encounters several times over the past year or so and I refuse to see fault in it. The Air Traffic Control scene is the embodiment of how overlapping, naturalistic dialogue should be used in film. Possibly my fave scene in any film ever. Plus the Indian segment as well, breathtakingly awesome.

Am I allowed to confess a love of Spielberg film, and draw a few comparisons with Robert Altman (bearing in mind he was originally down to direct California Split)?

Crumb is awesome. What a bizarre and brilliant man.

Saw The Hurt Locker, pretty good. might have been great if it ended one minute earlier.

Just found out Thirst is playing in my hood. Can't wait. I get wetter than a schoolgirl in New Orleans for Park Chan Wook.

Saw The Hurt Locker, pretty good. might have been great if it ended one minute earlier.

yeah, that's good observation. I just saw it today, was a bit let down after the hype. Felt very manufactured to me, like it was tailor made to meet the expectations of the "educated elite" as to what a "real gritty Iraq war drama" should be. Pretty forgettable, but well filmed. 6/10.

Guest futuregirlfriend

The People Under the Stairs. Ridiculous but enjoyable. What on Earth is Everett McGill doing with himself now, and why is his filmography so slim?

Archived