IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

The Woman - The only good thing about shit horror films like this is that my motivation to make my own good horror film grows with each one I see. 2.65/10.98

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Festen - Mesmerizing! 5/5

Into the Abyss - Don't like the angle and the people. These interviews are such a drag. 2/5

The Red Chapel

If you're interested in North Korea then I would definitely recommend you this wonderful documentary. I found it on Netflix some time ago but never got around to watching it until just a couple of minutes ago. I've been watching lots of documentaries on North Korea lately and The Red Chapel has definitely been the best so far. It's about three people who travel to North Korea to perform a comedy show. It is as simple as it sounds - but there's more to it than that.

seconding this. great doc

varsity blues - THIS IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE. i have no idea why i got it in the first place (probably because it's set in texas), but i knew it's not going to be good when i saw mtv films logo. this is such a stupid, cliche movie about high school football team. dawson's creek guy plays the football genius that's got the chops but prefers intlligent stuff (we see him reading vonegutt hidden in the sports statistics binder, during the game, just so we know HES BORED AND HES JUST INTELLIGENT AND SENSITIVE). when his bff whos a quaterback breaks his knee badly and we learn our smart heros gonna be the new quaterback,10 minutes after getting out of the hospital the injuried former quatrbacks girlfriend throws herself at dawson's creek because THATS WHAT HAPPENS. yeah, shes also the head of the cheerleading squad. and the coach bad guy gives some hitler salutes earlier in the movie just so we know he's the bad guy.

i need to wash my senses with where the buffalo roam.

Guest Sprigg

Chernobyl diaries- 4/10

Slow beginning, a coupe interesting moments when they finally get there and at the end, forgettable, typical run-from-the-baddies-while-underdeveloped-characters-die horror with little atmosphere.

The idea had so much potential :cry:

re: chernobyl diaries—I just read about how it wasn't actually screened to critics in advance, which is apparently the number one red flag for shitty quality. keep that in mind next time.

Guest bitroast

Been watching the prequel films before setting out to see The Avengers. Iron Man has been the highlight. Good fun, with an enjoyable pacing. Incredible Hulk was alright too, though I have no desire to ever view it again. Captain America had most of the ingredients for a good film, but bored the fuck out of me. So much cgi for a film on cpt. A. ...:/

Guest zaphod

greenberg - 8/10 watched this a couple years ago and basically didn't like it, although i liked ben stiller's performance. rewatched it and i found it more affecting. probably the best thing stiller has done. interesting to see a character study where the character doesn't really change.

Guest Sprigg
re: chernobyl diaries—I just read about how it wasn't actually screened to critics in advance, which is apparently the number one red flag for shitty quality. keep that in mind next time.

That explains a bit. It felt like a straight to dvd movie.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Non related Double feature last night

William S Burroughs - A man within

Love Burroughs but didn't learn anything from this I didn't already know. One interesting part they totally skipped was why he got married and had kids if he was gay since school. If you don't know much about him this seems lile a good place to start. Any chance to hear bill's voice is worth it though.

The greatest movie ever sold

Was half fun but nowhere near deep enough into how bad product placement has gotten and where it is going (like the example of putting new film posters in older tv shows digitally) The premise is good but after hearing the premise why did I need to watch the film? Looking forward to doug benson's "greatest movie ever rolled" much more

just stopped by to say that "mirror mirror" was pretty cool!

oh, and re watched alien (1979).

it's pretty cheap sometimes.

:(

i thought it was better...

the final explosion is horrible, and he insisted in repeating it 3 times :facepalm:

oh, and re watched alien (1979).

it's pretty cheap sometimes.

:(

i thought it was better...

the final explosion is horrible, and he insisted in repeating it 3 times :facepalm:

get the fuck out.

out.

it's funny how nostalgia activates the retard mode on you...

do you have the movie? play the final explosion, if you think that's cool, well dude, i wanna smoke the same you do...

metal tooth??? lol

the silly way it starts moving after it gets out of the belly, LOL, just like ghosts move, on roller blades xD

2001 aged well though...

parts of 2001 did not age well. The whole space station sequence at the beginning looks extremely 60s, the chairs and clothing look dated as fuck.

the special effects in 2001 overall probably aged better than Alien,but seriously the explosion scene at the end is what gets a bug up your ass?

Alien is a great film, old films 'age', it's what happens dude, get over it.

Archived