IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

if you hated it as much as you claim to then i don't think i'm going to be able to convince you otherwise. and that first trailer for surrogates was terrible. if you liked that you'll probably love the movie, since it's just a two minute condensed summary of the film's major plot points, in order. i think it's a case of extremely differing tastes. although lately i haven't really agreed with any of watmm's general opinions on movies (in the loop being a prime example).

edit: you liked caprica, you'll probably like surrogates, since they're both the same dogshit rehashing of cliched and simplistic sf done as cheaply as possible.

you won't convince me but i want to know what was good about it. did you think the rebel bomb guy was cool? metal woah dude.

and caprica was ok. i'd imagine surrogates is watchable too. maybe on a plane or youtube

i thought hurt locker was extremely entertaining. basically, that's it. it wasn't a deep comment on war or iraq, it was just very tense and entertaining, to me. i also like that a female director made a more manly movie than most big name male directors. anyway, if you want to know what's good about it, go to metacritic and read some real reviews. it's got a 92 percent or something, so i'm not the only one.

yeah thats whats confusing me. i only heard good things about the film before it bored me near tears/death.

seems the female director made a war movie for girls.

i'll tell you what looks really shit. the new michael moore film. hes such an ass. in a more just world - mark thomas would be making movies and michael moore would be on radio 4 now and again

The hurt locker felt like Adam Sandler could be in it.

Saw District 9 today, its a good movie. Especially the end, when they cut out the documentary-elements for a while. Its a nice gimmick, but it derogated the atmosphere of the movie way too much for the sake of social criticism.

planet earth (blu ray) 10/10

the part where the polar bear attacks the steaming mass of walruses (walrii?) was primal as fuck.

basically the reason blu ray exists.

13: Game of Death - 6/10

I wanted to give this film a higher score - but it kinda falls apart at the end. Great acting by Krissinda Terrence - was highlight of the film pretty much. I bought this film on the concept, which is kind of a cross between the Saw series and Running Man... sorta... and I wasn't disappointed but it could have been so much more. The ending is kind of a big lipped alligator moment.

The Descent: So i've made it through all the films I wanted to buy at my local video store,and am now dipping down into what I figure will be "grade B" flicks. I knew a bit about this one going in and it mostly matched my expectations. Quite boring at the start, didn't find the banter between the girls convincing and it dragged on and on. Still, despite some hammy acting and lots of "boo!" moments it was a pretty intense film. The "gotcha" ending was depressing, though. 7/10

it was, but he's been so grumpy lately

lately? lol

not to mention being one of the bigger watmm film snobs

we don't agree on everything but we both have very particular tastes. I am a snob, but an admittedly trashy one, if that makes any sense.

Archived