IGNORED

Warp20: Aphex Twin + Hecker live

Dale

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to see Aphex on the 9th. Similar to what benito has said, I also found the set a little disappointing.

There was one track that went on for about 3-4 minutes which had quite a repetitive beat and subtle melody, sounded like an Aphex track but it could have been just a rejected Analord or some other stuff from his unreleased library. Other than that, nothing really stood out, I was expecting for the "Manchester unreleased" track to be dropped somewhere but it wasn't played :(. Hecker ruined some tracks with noise over Delphium and Flim. Richard's sets could be far better if he dropped DJing in exchange for playing live, all his own tracks including unreleased to excite the crowd. You could tell the crowd enjoyed the moments where he dropped tracks of his own rather than DJing others.

Plaid were great, seemed as though their set was filled with unreleased tracks and everyone enjoyed listening. Clark was ok, Growls Garden was one of the highlights of the evening for me.

I don't know about you guys but I am getting tired of seeing basically the same videos of Aphex DJing with Hecker... anyone got some funky Luke Vibert DJ videos to cheer my day?

Plaid were great, seemed as though their set was filled with unreleased tracks and everyone enjoyed listening.

I would love to see a video of that!

What does that say about Richard that he has a track like the one from the manchester gig and he has only played it ONCE live. Assshole? Humble? Arrogant? Excentric? If I made that track you better believe Id be dropping it everywhere.

What does that say about Richard that he has a track like the one from the manchester gig and he has only played it ONCE live. Assshole? Humble? Arrogant? Excentric? If I made that track you better believe Id be dropping it everywhere.

He probably just doesn't want to give it too much exposure until its released... he did similar stuff with the tuss stuff before it was released. I have a feeling Richard is hyper sensitive about his work getting copied...

true, but no one really copies. They try but to no avail..Yer probably right though. I just hope he releases it. Some of the other unreleased stuff Ive heard sounds like that track. I hope the album has that theme

Guest Otto Krat
I went to see Aphex on the 9th. Similar to what benito has said, I also found the set a little disappointing.

There was one track that went on for about 3-4 minutes which had quite a repetitive beat and subtle melody, sounded like an Aphex track but it could have been just a rejected Analord or some other stuff from his unreleased library. Other than that, nothing really stood out, I was expecting for the "Manchester unreleased" track to be dropped somewhere but it wasn't played :(. Hecker ruined some tracks with noise over Delphium and Flim. Richard's sets could be far better if he dropped DJing in exchange for playing live, all his own tracks including unreleased to excite the crowd. You could tell the crowd enjoyed the moments where he dropped tracks of his own rather than DJing others.

Plaid were great, seemed as though their set was filled with unreleased tracks and everyone enjoyed listening. Clark was ok, Growls Garden was one of the highlights of the evening for me.

Sorry but I have to totaly disagree with you. I can't listen to Hecker but with aphex twin it was genious. I mean, what I appreciated most from the set was the noisy parts. Having some harsh noises coming from behind me (surround installation) while aphex plays Delphium is just amazing: it's not a coincidence he picked up Hecker, having them playing together is just really coherent for me. I like to think this show wasn't meant to make crowd enjoy. Listenning Aphex Twin is listenning to great great music, and it was the only experience I had because I never saw him live. But I loved to see more than a "gig". It was more a comteporary artist performance, and I think of this gig not like a good gig: it was for me a performance.

And sorry for the bad english. :rolleyes:

To me it was a lot like more like a gig than a performance.

Don't get me wrong I did love the Hecker sounds, espcially with the great surround sound of the concert room.

And I loved the videos.

But, most of what Richard played was more like gig music, with a few highlights... Thanks god Hecker was there + the videos, otherwise most of the set would have been just a guy with good tastes playing music in a really good stage...

I did love the set, but to me, it was more like a gig, when I was especting a perfomance...

And when you watch the other Aphex twin / Hecker performances, it seems like the set didn"t really change from what we saw this saturday...

We the intro starting, with the aphex twin logo, the amient music and all the strange / beautiful noises by Hecker, I was thinking : wow, this is gonna be great.... then most of it was really gig-like...

Guest Otto Krat
To me it was a lot like more like a gig than a performance.

Don't get me wrong I did love the Hecker sounds, espcially with the great surround sound of the concert room.

And I loved the videos.

But, most of what Richard played was more like gig music, with a few highlights... Thanks god Hecker was there + the videos, otherwise most of the set would have been just a guy with good tastes playing music in a really good stage...

I did love the set, but to me, it was more like a gig, when I was especting a perfomance...

And when you watch the other Aphex twin / Hecker performances, it seems like the set didn"t really change from what we saw this saturday...

We the intro starting, with the aphex twin logo, the amient music and all the strange / beautiful noises by Hecker, I was thinking : wow, this is gonna be great.... then most of it was really gig-like...

All right so we saw the same show, may be I just loved a bit more. :smile:

BUT it's the fist time I saw him also.

hé bé en tout cas les français de watmm je les ai pas vu :(

pourtant javais une pancarte "watmm" assez visible je pense. mouais

en tout cas c'était de la bombe cette soirée!! le set de luke vibert de la tuerie!!!!

et le morceau d'ambient au début du set d'afx trop trippant sa mère!!!

voila sinon vous etes trop des pd les français/parisiens parce ke si vous étiez venus me voir je vous aurais payé de la bière et de la fume. bande de tarlouzes

hé bé en tout cas les français de watmm je les ai pas vu :(

pourtant javais une pancarte "watmm" assez visible je pense. mouais

en tout cas c'était de la bombe cette soirée!! le set de luke vibert de la tuerie!!!!

et le morceau d'ambient au début du set d'afx trop trippant sa mère!!!

voila sinon vous etes trop des pd les français/parisiens parce ke si vous étiez venus me voir je vous aurais payé de la bière et de la fume. bande de tarlouzes

It was nice to meet both you and Computer at the gig

Guest Babar

hey Brian !

Je vois de quels français tu parles, nou somes sommes toute assez deux sur ce forum (non?)

En tout cas je t'es cherché, avec mes yeux et tout et tout, je t'ai pas vu, c'est bien simple j'avais un sac rouge.

nou somes sommes toute assez deux sur ce forum (non?)

QUOI????? moi yen a pas parler langage zarbi sorry lol

putain ouais cest con je mattendais a te voir mais je tai pas vu finalement :( faut dire aussi chais meme pas kelle gueule t'as.

et koi tas kiffé? moi jai trop trippé! surtout sur luke vibert!

Guest Babar

disons que je m'étais enfui au fond dans un angle pour avoir un peu d'air libre histoire que les gens frottent pas sur le micro (j'étais fondamentalement contre l'idée de le tenir en l'air).

Mais j'ai beaucoup aimé les basses qui étaient big & smooth, j'étais contre le mur et ca me massait.

On m'a dit aussi que ya un mec qu'est monté sur scene pour se prosterner . C'est vrai ?

Someone told me a guy from the crowd climbed up the stage and bow down. Is that true ?

Pas vu ta pancarte WATMM ce soir là Brian... beaucoup trop de monde ! C'est dommage, ça m'aurait bien fait loler de rencontrer des frenchies de WATMM :-( (et je t'aurais payé une binouze, too).

En bon fanboy ultra excité de voir le grand maître, j'étais assez près de la scène, au centre, dans la masse et la chaleur. J'en suis sorti complètement lavé, mais heureux.

Déçu de ne pas avoir entendu de pistes du prochain album, mais avoir vécu une telle folie, dans l'épicentre, c'est inoubliable.

Thank you, Aphex Twin !

Archived