IGNORED

pizza

Chris Moss Acid

2 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Cool! May I ask where you get the pellets? And how long does it take to heat up?

Sure - I get the pellets just from the ooni website, but I think any eco friendly wood pellets will do (going to try some from Amazon.com next). 

Ooni say that it takes around 10 minutes to heat up, but I’ve found it’s more like 20 to reach a steady, optimal heat. You have to add the pellets until it fills up to a point, which can take longer than 10 minutes in my experience. The pizzas cook in like 90 seconds to 2 minutes though, as Squee mentioned, so you save time there.  The new gas ones are probably easier to use, but I’m not sure you can take the ceramic stone out and flip it (the heat cleans the bottom of the stone).

Our neighbours occasionally play loud music in their garden, which makes it the perfect time for me to crank up the Ooni and blow baking hot pellet smoke straight into their faces. I tend to overload it with pellets, which creates the thickest, most oppressive smoke clouds. I could ask them to turn it down, but this method results in less confrontation and a pizza.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jesus Christ. Jesus fucking Christ. Just made a pizza with matured cheddar cheese (not the disgusting yellow fisher price cheese you americans call "american cheese") and it was fucking good! So. Fucking. Good.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, Squee said:

Jesus Christ. Jesus fucking Christ. Just made a pizza with matured cheddar cheese (not the disgusting yellow fisher price cheese you americans call "american cheese") and it was fucking good! So. Fucking. Good.

Good ol' government cheese.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMG_2693.jpegIMG_2694.jpegIMG_2692.jpeg

This was a dough I had in the refrigerator for 5 days and it does wonders for the dough. It makes it slightly more crispy so the crust actually makes that crunchy sound when you fold the slice.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1