IGNORED

Ultimatum

Dragon

At this point, Boards of Canada have spent the last four years working on a brand new album. This supposed new album will apparently be so completely and utterly crazy fantastic that no-one in the world will die an unhappy person, and millions of people will rush to the Pentland hills, dedicated to worshiping at the altar of the THS. In 2008, a ray of hope was cast among the fanbase when Joyrex announced when the "New BoC Album around October?" thread was started at the Twoism forums. The thread was bumped earlier this year, and a second October has now fully passed without the slightest hint of a new BoC album. Presumably, the release date and title will be announced a few months before we actually get to hear it, and these few months haven't even officially started yet. And, as if that isn't enough of a kick in the crotch, people like Joyrex and mdg continue to hype up speculation about a "BoC Set" containing all the best tunes from their secret, wonderful archive of music you're not allowed to hear because it's too damn good.

Frankly, all the anticipation has worn off for me, and many other fans. The box set is never gonna happen, and even if it does, it will be a horribly disappointing "Top 10" of low-fi tracks from the Old Tunes tapes we've all downloaded from soulseek anyway. And as for the new album, well, judge for yourself. Any piece of music that takes four or five years of constant adjustments and bollocking around with will never be fully perfect, no matter how long or complex it is.

Now, I'm not exactly in the best position to hand out threats, I'm just an avid BoC fan. I know they don't owe me anything, no matter how much money I spend on their officially released albums. But enough is enough. I really can't wait much longer.

If I don't get to legally hear a new, full-length album or a complete, satisfying box set of decent material by May 1st, 2010, I will stop liking Boards of Canada. Yeah. No more chatting about how awesome they are, no more spending money on their releases, no more respecting the privacy of their unreleased material. I will stop liking Mike and Marcus themselves. I will be reasonably convinced that they have nothing left to offer us.

So, six months from now, will the well-tested patience of millions of fans be justified? Will the new album meet their high expectations, which have been raised again and again by partial information and repeated listenings? I don't expect many of you to agree with what I'm saying, but if you do, here's the place to express it. All the pent-up frustration of constantly hitting F5 at the BoC website can be released here. Maybe you'd like to set your own deadline? Or start a similar thread on another forum?

So, in summary, release something in six months or just admit that you don't plan to release anything. We all have a finite amount of patience.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any piece of music that takes four or five years of constant adjustments and bollocking around with will never be fully perfect, no matter how long or complex it is.

Music Has The Right To Children and Geogaddi both have tracks that originated as far back as 1995 and went through several revisions until they appeared in their final forms.

Cool story, troll.

You thought I was trolling? Look, I know that the things I'm saying may sound controversial to the more devoted fans, but I'm just so sick to death of waiting for a new album! There's such a powerful lack of official news that the very fabric of space and time is starting to tear apart. I must have listened to their entire discography backwards by now.

There has to be an ultimatum. I'm not expecting them to rush out of their recording studio to release the new album early, just because some fanboi is threatening to stop being a fan. But I think it's important that someone, somewhere, is making a stand and expressing how they feel about being kept in the dark for such a long time. I'm not doing anything wrong, and I have the right to stop being a fan whenever I want.

Keep in mind that I am still a fan for the time being, and it's not like I've just gone ahead and written an angry "I HATE YOU COZ YOU MADE ME LIKE~ YOU" troll post.

Cool story, troll.

You thought I was trolling? Look, I know that the things I'm saying may sound controversial to the more devoted fans, but I'm just so sick to death of waiting for a new album! There's such a powerful lack of official news that the very fabric of space and time is starting to tear apart. I must have listened to their entire discography backwards by now.

There has to be an ultimatum. I'm not expecting them to rush out of their recording studio to release the new album early, just because some fanboi is threatening to stop being a fan. But I think it's important that someone, somewhere, is making a stand and expressing how they feel about being kept in the dark for such a long time. I'm not doing anything wrong, and I have the right to stop being a fan whenever I want.

Keep in mind that I am still a fan for the time being, and it's not like I've just gone ahead and written an angry "I HATE YOU COZ YOU MADE ME LIKE~ YOU" troll post.

Honestly, it's like hoping it will rain tomorrow and expecting it to because you want it to - if it's gonna happen, it'll happen. No amount of wishing will make it come faster. BoC will release the album and other content when they see fit to - they're not bound by any deadlines except their own self-imposed ones.

Boards of Canada spent all the time after TCH perfecting and mastering Seven Forty Seven and getting it in a state they considered releasable on Warp20. They are currently taking a break after all those years of hard work and will begin work on the first track of the new album in January 2010.

Boards of Canada spent all the time after TCH perfecting and mastering Seven Forty Seven and getting it in a state they considered releasable on Warp20. They are currently taking a break after all those years of hard work and will begin work on the first track of the new album in January 2010.

Fucking lol

I realized later that this thread is more closely related to flame-baiting. My mistake. And if you have the right to stop being a fan, then they have the right to wait to release their next album until May 2nd, 2010.

Let's hear it for patience!

*contemplates navel*

Honestly, it's like hoping it will rain tomorrow and expecting it to because you want it to - if it's gonna happen, it'll happen. No amount of wishing will make it come faster. BoC will release the album and other content when they see fit to - they're not bound by any deadlines except their own self-imposed ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_Desert

The average rainfall in the Chilean region of Antofagasta is just 1 millimetre (0.04 in) per year. Some weather stations in the Atacama have never received rain. Evidence suggests that the Atacama may not have had any significant rainfall from 1570 to 1971.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_Desert

The average rainfall in the Chilean region of Antofagasta is just 1 millimetre (0.04 in) per year. Some weather stations in the Atacama have never received rain. Evidence suggests that the Atacama may not have had any significant rainfall from 1570 to 1971.[5]

i think the phrase you're looking for is "fml"

Best post all week

Might be true, though.... :shuriken:

just listen to machinarium ost instead and play the game

its much better than boc

ah you didn't know that?

so now you see whats wrong about your attitude

keep in mind it was 4 years between mhtrtc and geogaddi. have faith in the boc

IABPOITC was released between those albums, so the waiting was broken into 2 two-year periods. If they don't release anything before May 1st, they'll have spent four years without releasing anything at all.

IABPOITC was released between those albums, so the waiting was broken into 2 two-year periods. If they don't release anything before May 1st, they'll have spent four years without releasing anything at all.

3 years. Trans Canada Highway was released in 2006.

And even then it will only be two years, eleven months, and some odd days because Trans-Canada Highway wasn't released until the 29th of May.

*eats coal*

*shits a diamond*

No, it's four years.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=2010-2006&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=1&cad=b

Guest Moebius

They just released 747...

Archived