IGNORED

Ultimatum

Dragon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all would like to hear another BOC album Dragon. It doesn't bother me to much as there is so much other music to listen to, so I pass my time quite happily discovering new stuff. Perhaps broaden your horizons a little? We all know the ultimatum is false anyway. I bet if they release a new album in 2 years time you will be the first in line to buy it!

This isn't a real ultimatum though right? I mean no one is acknowledging it right? So many question...so little time.

Well, considering BoC makes music exclusively for Dragon, and he's threatening to stop being their fan, the logistics of this sound strategy have a good chance of being effective.

i'd buy it for a dollar

An album or the strategy?

We all would like to hear another BOC album Dragon. It doesn't bother me to much as there is so much other music to listen to, so I pass my time quite happily discovering new stuff. Perhaps broaden your horizons a little? We all know the ultimatum is false anyway. I bet if they release a new album in 2 years time you will be the first in line to buy it!

I do listen to a wide variety of other music. To be honest, Boards of Canada's music isn't a significant part of my life, but I really feel that someone should take a stand against the idea that their entire fanbase should just sit around and wait for four years without any new music, any communication, or any real reason to stay convinced that BoC are even going to release anything new.

If I reach the deadline, I'll probably continue listening to their previous output anyway. Just because someone is a jerk doesn't mean their work is bad, right? Just look at Jhonen Vasquez. Basically, I'll still enjoy their music, but I'll be convinced that there will be no new output (and would consider Mike and Marcus to be somewhat rude for not bothering to tell their devoted fanbase).

This ultimatum may seem a little extreme, but I really am optimistic that BoC will release something eventually, and that they're just taking an extra-long time. We're only 1/3 of the way into our six months, I'm sure there'll be a word or two any day/week now...

I do listen to a wide variety of other music. To be honest, Boards of Canada's music isn't a significant part of my life, but I really feel that someone should take a stand against the idea that their entire fanbase should just sit around and wait for four years without any new music, any communication, or any real reason to stay convinced that BoC are even going to release anything new.

If I reach the deadline, I'll probably continue listening to their previous output anyway. Just because someone is a jerk doesn't mean their work is bad, right? Just look at Jhonen Vasquez. Basically, I'll still enjoy their music, but I'll be convinced that there will be no new output (and would consider Mike and Marcus to be somewhat rude for not bothering to tell their devoted fanbase).

This ultimatum may seem a little extreme, but I really am optimistic that BoC will release something eventually, and that they're just taking an extra-long time. We're only 1/3 of the way into our six months, I'm sure there'll be a word or two any day/week now...

*shoots self*

*shoots self*

Just to be clear, what part of my post, exactly, made you shoot yourself?

Oh wait, I just realized I'm trying to ask mdg a question. Nevermind.

Guest Spittal

*shoots self*

Just to be clear, what part of my post, exactly, made you shoot yourself?

Oh wait, I just realized I'm trying to ask mdg a question. Nevermind.

In Soviet Russia, MDG asks YOU questions...

That's not funny, I'll get me coat.

It's funny

BoC existed before the popularisation of the internet, 24 hour updates, social networks, feeds etc - and now the internet is demanding that BoC increase their level of public interaction in accordance with the social norms of 2009, but BoC are probably just holed up in their bunker smoking pot and playing with 80s synths. And thats how it should be.

Guest CryoKeen

It's funny

BoC existed before the popularisation of the internet, 24 hour updates, social networks, feeds etc - and now the internet is demanding that BoC increase their level of public interaction in accordance with the social norms of 2009, but BoC are probably just holed up in their bunker smoking pot and playing with 80s synths. And thats how it should be.

LOL

yeah we should let them have a break. go out and create your own music kids!

It's funny

Guest Spittal

It's funny

We have been a little demanding haven't we?

Man, thank god BoC doesn't listen to us, it probably would suffer the quality of their music.

Good point there by The CIA.

Everyone remembers before downloading music became so popular, you would spend much longer listening to a single album, and really let it seep into your brain. And if you picked that same album up again years later, it would remind you of that specific time period in your life. A lot of things you didn't realize you had forgotten come flooding back. Very cool feeling. It adds some flavor to your life.

Just using this as an example, I can see why a lot of people are so sketched out by the norms of the internet, making the planet seem so much smaller, de-mystifying everything, and cheapening things a little bit.

I mean I've only been a BoC fan since 2007, so I haven't been waiting that long, really. The goods are well on their way.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems that while BoC are still huddled around at the Hex'un smoking shredded Bagpuss annuals and doing God knows what, Autechre have announced a new album scheduled for release on the 23rd of March. If we assume that this is the average gap between announcing a new album and releasing it, we can conclude that if nothing towards a new album is announced before February 21th, 2010, it will be very unlikely to be released before the May 1st deadline.

Honestly, do you think we'll get any news in the next five weeks? We can only hope...

There is so much good music out there. i got over this waiting game in 2008, and it helped me get back to my roots of what i liked, detroit,

Word, hexagon Son. Everyone buy this & shit the fuck up about bloody BoC!!!;

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=254242

wow! fuck! buying this!

• 1 month later...

Everyone remembers before downloading music became so popular, you would spend much longer listening to a single album, and really let it seep into your brain. And if you picked that same album up again years later, it would remind you of that specific time period in your life. A lot of things you didn't realize you had forgotten come flooding back. Very cool feeling. It adds some flavor to your life.

psh, i still get a sense of nostalgia from certain songs and albums and i download most of my music. i don't know what you're on about.

• 2 months later...

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Ultimatum expired

If you feel the reason for closing was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

Archived