IGNORED

Guilty pleasures, or cheese you like...

Guest Conor74

• 1 month later...

I'm usually not one for trance or progressive house but Way Out West's first two albums still hold something for me, as corny as they are. Which is to say really quite a lot. But... sometimes that's a vibe.

• Like 1

i would absolutely fucking die for Tiny Tim

so many people mistook him for a novelty act, but in every performance he is 100% being real, that's the kind of person he was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 12:42 PM, Dragon said:

i would absolutely fucking die for Tiny Tim

so many people mistook him for a novelty act, but in every performance he is 100% being real, that's the kind of person he was.

Unironically one of my biggest regrets in lie so far is missing him on his last tour, where he was playing the history of American popular music by doing the most popular songs of every year for the past 200-ish years from memory, chronologically and with historical context explained in between.  A coworker at the time saw him do it a few years earlier, it took something like 4 hours.

There was a bar in I think Cambridge, somewhere right outside Boston anyway, that Tiny Tim visited every time when he was in town at least back into the early 90s, and I used to know a guy who was friends with the owner.  Apparently when Tiny Tim came through, a few times a year, they would give him a private room in the back with unlimited free drinks and then make hours of tapes of him doing stream of consciousness monologues.  I have a tape of some voicemail messages Tiny Tim left for him (the guy I knew, not the bar owner) in the 90s, but I've never heard anything about those bar tapes getting out, if they even existed.

EDIT: probably a lot like this

Edited by TubularCorporation

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 9:39 AM, splesh said:

I'm usually not one for trance or progressive house but Way Out West's first two albums still hold something for me, as corny as they are. Which is to say really quite a lot. But... sometimes that's a vibe.

Always unironically enjoyed this track, apparently friends with wow;