IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

the amber comparison makes me nervous. i don´t mind a melodious album, but i hope oversteps is not as good as amber, because then I'll be in such a tizzy trying to decide which album is better, Amber and Oversteps, and that would make me sad.

Fixed

so much for the next 4 albums being quaristice 2-5.

it's 2/2/10 do you know where your oversteps is?

dont post in thread anymore until Oversteps comes out! otherwise it's too cock teasey to see this thread being bumped, everytime i do my brain wants it to be good info that will make ejaculation

i get the impression some people haven't given amber much of a chance. otherwise I'd be seeing nothing but praise for it.

it was ok (or even great) for it´s time. not as mindblowing as incunabula but still good. when i listen to it today it reminds me of crappy "chill-out music with singing whales" music.

No way mate, the first song is awesome. Put on a couple of headphones and listen. Its both great for immediate enjoyment and dedicated listening. Unsurpassed I´d say, when considering the more "ambient minded" tunes by Ae. The rest of the album may not stand up to Incu.. true.

I guess you missed this:

"...Autechre hit the studio ready for a change. “We came back and didn’t want to do any tracks with beats for a bit,” explains Booth..."

Oops, I sure did. My bad!

And this has me intrigued...

"Sean Booth spoke to Big Shot about ... fan communities..."

From Mosca's interview with him a while back I seemed to remember that he was asked about here (and fan communities in general) and I think the consensus was that he thinks we're generally twats, the 71 pages here suggest he may be right ....

I guess you missed this:

"...Autechre hit the studio ready for a change. “We came back and didn’t want to do any tracks with beats for a bit,” explains Booth..."

Oops, I sure did. My bad!

And this has me intrigued...

"Sean Booth spoke to Big Shot about ... fan communities..."

From Mosca's interview with him a while back I seemed to remember that he was asked about here (and fan communities in general) and I think the consensus was that he thinks we're generally twats, the 71 pages here suggest he may be right ....

I think you mean ism's interview, the except has been posted in the top thread and he seems to be alright with WATMM.

Also, because they say they didn't want to do tracks with beats for a bit doesn't mean every single track they did was beatless... I think they'd lose interest doing EVERYTHING without beats.

The thing is I just haven't a clue how Oversteps is going to sound. Certainly not like Amber, but I doubt it'll be very Quaristicey either.

I'm thinking it'll have the moody, cavernous ambient sounds of Quari at least... Pretty thick in reverb most likely.

Pure speculationlol

ha, nil is probably my favourite. I think it's far less old school than incunabula, sounds far less dated. if i were going to trip to an ae album, it'd be amber, hands down.

yes! amber is absolutely beautiful when tripping. especially when peaking, and combined with a little green.

i've tried other autechre stuff on acid, and funnily enough, stuff after say, ep7 doesn't really do it for me, which is strange because i prefer their later stuff when sober.

"ghcvj bbhhn"

this one though, is kinda hard to understand ;-)

yes, quasi-cryptic statements like these belong in the boc subforum

or as the ultra-rare bonus track on the japan only digital exclusive EP of Oversteps.

- :trashbear:

ps. what could the title for that album be? ( Ie. Akin to Quaristice.quadrange )

i dont think so. maybe ae will release remixes/version of this new album later this year.

honestly since cichly suite autechre records have shit loads of beats.

nothing wrong with that but as their (recent) quiet tracks were very good, i cant wait to hear the new one.

btw : perlence subrange 6 36, is a perfect track to get lost into. i'm glad it has no rythmic changes or breaks. just subtle variations, just like thursday afternoon. i'm sure they could have released a max/msp patch for subrange 6 36 : the basic track + changing variations here & then.

Guys, the extra stuff coming out in 2010 is Quaristice tour soundboard.

Rob just sent me that info via carrier pigeon. Keep it under your hat.