IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest boredroom

Guys, I really hate to tell you this but I think this leak is either fake or incomplete. My guess is incomplete, though if this is real this album is such a change in direction for Ae.

From my calculations which were posted in the orginal Oversteps thread, the album Bleep are putting out digitally is going to be anywhere between 66:45 to 68 minutes in length. This leak comes to 63:38 with Ilanders repeated, so the leak's version of the album should be under 60 minutes in length. In that case, either something's missing or it's a fake

I want to believe. This is awesome so far. Perhaps Ae have put their own faek out?

I chopped it all up on ableton earlier.

ress 4:42

ilanders 5:25

known(1) 4:38

pt2ph8 4:05

qplay 4:34

see on see 4:33

Treale 5:59

os veix3 4:36

0=o 4:46

d-sho qub 6:23

st epero 4:02

redfall 3:18

krylon 6:32

yuop 5:51

I removed the extra ilanders in there as well. may not be exact cuts. total length 69min 24sec.

It is real.

http://xltronic.com/mb/112378/oversteps-initial-impressions

I wrote a review track by track there.

They way you chopped it up is not consistent with what the big shot mag reviewer provided on his last.fm:

r ess (5:12)

ilanders (5:32)

known(1) ??

pt2ph8 (4:09)

qplay (4:38)

see on see (4:37)

Treale (6:05)

os veix3 (4:37)

O=0 (4:52)

d-sho qub (6:26)

st epreo (1:43)

redfall (3:48)

krYlon (6:08)

He scrobbled it like ths. So his version is just the actual promo cd with seperate tracks ripped to mp3 and tagged.

Your st epreo is more than double in length... it does not add up.

There is something fishy going on here...

Well I can't speak for why it's different, I just made the cuts at the points where I was pretty sure they were appropriate. I would give it a listen and judge for yourself though... I'd bet the farm on real.

perhaps the reviewer hadnt actually received the promo at the point where he fabricated trk times?

or perhaps the reviewer also has a 1 track promo and either he has guessed(like the rest of you) where 1 track starts and 1 track finishes...

Defective Columbo :)

Gee willackers. Reading this thread makes me so glad I'm content to wait for the album rather than sitting here tickling my prostate and arguing if it's real or not with a group of people who admit to loving spreading misinformation (while ironically constantly complaining about US government misinformation) :emotawesomepm9:

:prostatetickle:

treale is epic. this weird bladerunner/ moebius/ final fantasy 7 atmosphere blows me away.

it was never (after lp5) easy to get an ae album at the beginning. but back then it were the weird rhythms and soundscapes, now it´s the melodies. love it.

Edited by panz0r

treale is epic. this weird bladerunner/ moebius/ final fantasy 7 atmosphere blows me away.

it was never (after lp5) easy to get an ae album at the beginning. but back then it were the weird rhythms and soundscapes, now it´s the melodies. love it.

I'm not so sure. There's that thread about what single word you'd choose to describe autechre, and up through confield I would have said "rigorous." Since Untilted at least it seems to me they've become much looser, less structured, more jam based. I like to imagine the shift has a lot to do with Sean's personality; he used to look really intense in press photos, now he looks cheerful and even goofy sometimes. Plus there was that interview where they said they weren't trying to fuck with people's heads anymore, or something to that effect. I feel this comes through in the music. I found much of Untilted, and basically all of Quaristice, to be pretty boring. This too. It's mildly engaging but it doesn't grab my attention like LP5 first did, or alienate like Confield. There's no emotional constipation, no clenched fist at the heart of this album that I can tell. But it certainly flows better than Quaristice did.

Edited by lumpenprol

Guest Balance

I'm loving it so far and track 2 has only just started

Track 2 is fucking great

Edited by Balance