IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest Greg Reason

I like it quite a lot. A lot "nicer" than ae of recent, and I do prefer Draft and Quaristice to this but it's a good album without a dud on it. Certainly no disappointment. People are going to hate but they would hate regardless so they can go on eating dick and the rest of us have another album to enjoy. pt2ph8 is my favourite at the moment, and it's funny how much known(1) sounds like Coil (esp Remote Viewer)

Guest etis atis

I'm sure it is 98,73% real. Teh melodies sound like they're totally generated by a program, might be what they call "generative synthesis" max patches. This is cool as a concept, but not very exciting to listen to.

Edited by etis atis

I'm sure it is 98,73% real. Teh melodies sound like they're totally generated by a program, might be what they call "generative synthesis" max patches. This is cool as a concept, but not very exciting to listen to.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm::rhubear2::pedobear::trashbear::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yeah, I've already got 95 megs downloaded. Haha.

Edit: I'm going to try to just preview it, and then wait for the WAV to come earlyish (I hope) from bleep.

Edited by baph

Just curious, but is anyone else planning to hold onto their oversteps virginity until the album release or an official download becomes available? I haven't listened to anything (fake or not) yet and am leaning in that direction

Yes.

Could you guys explain to me why you are holding out for the release date? I'm just wondering.

Is it a moral thing? Do you not want your impressions sullied by a 2nd/3rd rate copy?

My brother's the same way about Autechre. I don't mean to condescend about it; I just don't get it.

Guest narkeworld

This thing (a fair amount of it) sounds like Glotch could have made this, so Glotch keep up the good work with Premodea(sp?).