IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

For those interested, here's the promo track times. No word yet on differences in quality:

R Ess 5:12

Ilanders 5:32

Known(1) 4:42

Pt2ph8 4:09

Qplay 4:38

See On See 4:37

Treale 6:05

Os Veix3 4:37

0=0 4:52

D-Sho Qub 6:26

St Epreo 4:08

Redfall 3:48

krYlon 6:08

Yuop 6:21

For those interested, here's the promo track times. No word yet on differences in quality:

Where did you get this track times???

All together we are missing 103 sec of recording. :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Edited by xox

I bet the foreshadowing in the interview about how there's more to come in the near future means that this is actually a double album and the second disc remains a complete secret until people actually get the final copy in their hands. Doesn't seem crazy of them to only send out 1 disc for the promo. Yeah, yeah, I know, :facepalm:

I bet the foreshadowing in the interview about how there's more to come in the near future means that this is actually a double album and the second disc remains a complete secret until people actually get the final copy in their hands. Doesn't seem crazy of them to only send out 1 disc for the promo. Yeah, yeah, I know, :facepalm:

so the vinyl version is gonna be 4 12"s rather than 2? i'll believe that when i see it. :facepalm:

Where did you get this track times???

All together we are missing 103 sec of recording. :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Somebody with a promo listed those times.

so the vinyl version is gonna be 4 12"s rather than 2? i'll believe that when i see it. :facepalm:

i don't think that there are more tracks on the vinyl. but maybe we get a second album, something like quadrange later this year.

im kind of confused as to why artists never put bonus tracks on vinyl. they allow for longer running times than 80 minutes (especially if its more than 2 lps)

the only records i can remember by electronic artists that have vinyl bonus tracks are Tuss: Confederation Trough, Aphex SAW II and Matmos Supreme Balloon (which has fucking awesome bonus tracks, worth getting the vinyl for these alone)

it would be nice if they included some exclusive material to give people an incentive to buy it who wouldnt normally buy records.

So, how many are left that haven't listened to Oversteps yet? Hands up

*hand up*

*hands up too*

you'd better make sure no-one brings any Oversteps contraband to BLOC, i'll sit in the accommodation with my fingers in my ears otherwise

im kind of confused as to why artists never put bonus tracks on vinyl. they allow for longer running times than 80 minutes (especially if its more than 2 lps)

the only records i can remember by electronic artists that have vinyl bonus tracks are Tuss: Confederation Trough, Aphex SAW II and Matmos Supreme Balloon (which has fucking awesome bonus tracks, worth getting the vinyl for these alone)

it would be nice if they included some exclusive material to give people an incentive to buy it who wouldnt normally buy records.

Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile

that had a couple of extra tracks. literally only two i think

I agree with your reasoning to an extent, however the big issue I have with that is that people who don't have vinyl players miss out on some of the art. Being the completionist that I am, I get really irked when the one track is a vinyl rip and sounds different than the rest of the tracks. Also, Particularly I noticed this with Saw II but even if you download stone in focus and hankie, it won't fit onto a burned 2-disc of the album (iirc).

i highly recommend you get a record player, you're not just missing out on bonus tracks you're missing out on an extremely pleasurable & very tactile form of music listening that is in my strong opinion far more satisfying than listening to a CD or an mp3

*hand up*

stil waiting.

amazingly, it has gotten easier now that the hype has subsided a bit

i highly recommend you get a record player, you're not just missing out on bonus tracks you're missing out on an extremely pleasurable & very tactile form of music listening that is in my strong opinion far more satisfying than listening to a CD or an mp3

i have been wanting to do this for awhile, i just have no idea where to start

Edited by jules

*hand up*

*hands up too*

you'd better make sure no-one brings any Oversteps contraband to BLOC, i'll sit in the accommodation with my fingers in my ears otherwise

Don't worry, that won't happen!

I'm hoping they'll release it on Bleep before then anyway, the amount of people that already fucking have it...

What got me started was that a sizeable portion of the autechre discography.. if you count gescom.. was only on vinyl at one point (that and other oddities on the warp site).

Also it does seem to me that, although vinyl comes from a digital master, you can still write music for the sound of vinyl. I couldn't imagine listening to We R Are Why on CD.. just wouldn't be the same

Oh I absolutely will, but you know, vinyl players are pricey and vinyls themselves are extra pricey. Not that it would normally matter to me but at the moment I've not got much extra money to spend on stuff and I'll be wanting to finish my Ae collection in CD first, then go back and get them all vinyl for the nice big pictures and the fabled warmer sound and surface noise. Tbh, I've never heard a vinyl, at least not since I was like 6 or something.

I recommend the Tuss + Analord releases if you've yet to get into vinyl. Autechre albums as well are neat. I love my copy of LP5 - sped up at 45RPM it sounds pretty similar to Aphex at times.

Fuck waiting its too good to wait, lifes too short. If you have already ordered and paid then techincally you own it already so whats the problem?

didnt heard oversteps yet, no leaks etc. on waiting : the problem is sound quality : i want the real dumb audiophile thing : whether its bitrate or format, size does matter. on bonus trx on vinyl : Southern Lord (Sunno))) label) often release bonus tracks on the last side of vinyl (ambarchi, boris).

didnt heard oversteps yet, no leaks etc. on waiting : the problem is sound quality : i want the real dumb audiophile thing : whether its bitrate or format, size does matter. on bonus trx on vinyl : Southern Lord (Sunno))) label) often release bonus tracks on the last side of vinyl (ambarchi, boris).

including 'her lips were wet with venom' which took up a whole side of the boris/sunn o))) collab iirc. and is awesome.