IGNORED

Should The Black Dog (In it's Current Incarnation) be Featured In This Subforum?

Joyrex

The Black Dog & Plaid Subforum  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Add The Black Dog To This Subforum?

• Yes, as they are related
    • No, they should have their own subforum
    • No, The Black Dog currently has nothing to do with Plaid

i don't see the need for a change from the current situation. just keep the plaid forum as it is, and have an unwritten rule to keep threads about the black dog with the old line-up in the plaid forum. the new dog is an entirely new creature.

Guest sirch

as for ken ditching the black dog name after mfa-asf, i disagree. i thought the sound that ken was doing upto 2000 fitted the black dog mood perfectly.. but, i do agree that the black dog name should've been dropped when the new members joined, just to preserve the quality of the name. hint, hint :)

you're right... i forgot about 'Babylon' ! :)

also 'Unsavoury Products', too ! - very Black Dog in mood. Like that album a lot it's fucking dark, except for 1 track........

Guest sirch

So, my point... The Love that has blossomed over the years for The Black Dog were down to Andy, Ed and Ken period!

So why should there be a forum here in watmm where the current line up Ken + 2 or anybody else for that matter reside here in watmm and reap credit which aint due to them??! :)

because some of us like the current incarnation of The Black Dog, and do not like Plaid?

i'm one of those people.

how can anybody not like Plaid ? :) ..and prefer the minimal t'northern-club-tech-sausage'n mash exploits of the current incarnation? ;)

So, my point... The Love that has blossomed over the years for The Black Dog were down to Andy, Ed and Ken period!

So why should there be a forum here in watmm where the current line up Ken + 2 or anybody else for that matter reside here in watmm and reap credit which aint due to them??! :)

because some of us like the current incarnation of The Black Dog, and do not like Plaid?

i'm one of those people.

how can anybody not like Plaid ? :) ..and prefer the minimal t'northern-club-tech-sausage'n mash exploits of the current incarnation? ;)

because there's this plinky sound all over anything i've heard by Plaid, and there isn't on The Black Dog :trashbear:

Guest sirch

they don't use that sound on everything tho

i know what you mean and i'm not the biggest fan of it either . but they don't use it all the time.

check out the older stuff... when you can, if you want :)

i feel a thread about harder Plaid tracks that don't feature the 'plinky-plonky' sound is in need! :D

Guest Greg Reason

i'm one of those people.

Me too. I just don't care for Plaid at all but I love all the modern Black Dog material. Separate forums would be best, as demonstrated by the hatin going on in this very thread.

Guest sirch

if you don't care for Plaid how come you found your way here?

anyhoo it's hardly "hatin".

just different strokes for different folks, clearly. but fair opinions expressed by all i think.

where's the hate at? really??

don't be silly now :)

Guest sirch

There's a Cylob forum for crying out loud. Why not a Black Dog forum?

I'd like a Drexciya forum then aswell. and one for Chris Clark. and what about one for Skam and Gescom, etc. ? they need one too.

hellllllllll you could have 100 forums within forums within forums.... lol, that'd be pretty cool actually!

you could get lost for a couple of hours, like in a big club, off yer faceeeeeeeeeeeee.........

Guest Greg Reason

We need a Bola forum. He's one of the innovators, his entire catalog is killer and he's done loads better work than a lot of the crew who have their own.

edit:

I found my way in here because I heard about the controversy and couldn't find info about it in Music Discussion so I realized that due to the Plaid connection people would be talking about it in here.

Guest sirch

We need a Bola forum. He's one of the innovators, his entire catalog is killer and he's done loads better work than a lot of the crew who have their own.

edit:

I found my way in here because I heard about the controversy and couldn't find info about it in Music Discussion so I realized that due to the Plaid connection people would be talking about it in here.

Yes! Bola. aka Darrel Fitton of Gescom, right? well remembered! :)

Guest sirch

well it's currently neck and neck with "Yes" and "No", for including tBd. it's 10 votes a piece.

now this is way more exciting than the general election!! LOL - *sarcasm*

I am of the opinion that there is enough overlap to combine the two into one subforum.

Even if you create a separate TBD subforum, it's inevitable that there will be discussions in the Plaid forum relating to early TBD.

I just don't think there would be enough discussion to warrant separate subforums.

If both names are mentioned in the subforum name, I don't see the big deal. It doesn't make a claim that they are the same band or anything, just that there is/was a connection between the two that cannot be ignored.

After some discussion, we've decided that the Plaid forum will stay just the Plaid forum (discussion of early The Black Dog is just fine), and any talk of the new The Black Dog can take place in Music Discussion. If there's ever an abundance of new The Black Dog discussion, we'll revisit whether we need a subforum for them at that time.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Shelved the idea.

If you feel the reason for closing was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

Archived