IGNORED

The Avalanches - tba

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i know i know rumours rumours and more rumours about this album but seems it could be nearly done...

pitchfork

Hard to believe, but it's now been nearly a decade since mysterious Australian sample-collage crew the Avalanches gave us Since I Left You, their masterful debut. The Avalanches still haven't followed that album up, but now we're getting word that they're at least recording some new music. The Avalanches have enlisted bedroom pop don Ariel Pink to record vocals. If we ever hear that collab, it'll be the "Swagga Like Us" of chillwave ancestors.

Yesterday, an administrator on the Avalanches' message board wrote in reference to a new Avalanches album, "i hear ariel pink is recording some guest vocals for it and once those are done, the album will be finished (!)."

Rumors about a sophomore Avalanches album have been floating around for years, but here we at least have some indication that there's a second album coming.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Earth is going to implode by the end of this year .

Too many epic releases .

Since I Left You was so good that im afraid that they may fail to satisfy the expectations of a new album.

I can't believe it. This will only end in

DISAPPOINTMENT.

Guest Ambition as a Hellridah

Since I Left You was so good that im afraid that they may fail to satisfy the expectations of a new album.

Same for me. But still looking for the new Lp, if it comes out before the year 2025...

Edited by Ambition as a Hellridah

• 1 year later...

They say it's done but the more pertinent question is, are the samples cleared? I've heard that's what's taken so long. They were close several times but had clearance snags and would just start over from scratch. Anyway, 'Since I Left You' reissue and relistening to 'The Relaxation Tape' will have to tide me over until the new album.

• 4 years later...

the raps are mixed really badly here, shouldn't be taking a back seat to the tuba (loads of messy nonsense going on in the background during Doom's bit as well which doesn't help).

I think I'd rather just listen to Wilmoth Houdini:

the raps are mixed really badly here, shouldn't be taking a back seat to the tuba (loads of messy nonsense going on in the background during Doom's bit as well which doesn't help).

I think I'd rather just listen to Wilmoth Houdini:

it's hard to hear Dooms verse behind all of the noise, which is unfortunate because he's usually a highlight for me.

it's tremendously baffling why there's such a huge anticipation for this... i mean, australian stoner easy-listening "sampledelic" post-mo wax sub-gorillaz hip hop is surely about the least appealing thing possible in 2016 right?

Yeah, I don't get it either, fair or not these guys took too fookin long and and as a consequence are firmly rooted in the past, and this is coming from someone who still loves Since I Left You. Reckon just like the older brothers of my youth waxing on about how great sonic youth and the pixies are and hence I must revere them, there's probably no shortage of aging hipsters telling the dumb blog interns in their employ that the Avalanches are important and you must revere them.

Also I'm pretty sure that glowy green shit is weak sauce and that Doom's verse was phoned in. They'll bank plenty of licensing checks I'm sure which will more than cover the costs of sample clearance, so good for them.