IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

Skam, you need to bring your ppl's down South. VHS Head/Ae Live and Gescom DJ sets please. soon as poss like. the South exists, really. thankyou! :)

yeth pleath

2003 was a long time ago

gave it a first listen;, not so impressed so far

lol

It's funny because it's true. The album isn't that great, three or four good tracks. Mostly forgettable.

And as for Com Truise, WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT.

lol

It's funny because it's true. The album isn't that great, three or four good tracks. Mostly forgettable.

Hatas our motivation :mcgriff:

lol

FUCKING

LOL!

I like the album. But I do think it's a bit overlong with many of the songs being samey. 10-15 minutes shorter and it could be solid GOLD!

eh? why do you like things so short and easily digestable, mate? just wondering like.

do you prefer the EP cos it's shorter?

i don't think it's a very long album really. i listened to it about 10 times in a row the day/night it came out on the digi down-low.

the time flew in no time. :)

what do you like that you think is not a "load of shit". ? just out of interest.

and we'll tell you if we think what you like is a load of shittzle.

signed:

Goose

I like the album. But I do think it's a bit overlong with many of the songs being samey. 10-15 minutes shorter and it could be solid GOLD!

eh? why do you like things so short and easily digestable, mate? just wondering like.

do you prefer the EP cos it's shorter?

i don't think it's a very long album really. i listened to it about 10 times in a row the day/night it came out on the digi down-low.

the time flew in no time. :)

It's not that it's not easily digestible, I just feel many tracks are the same, there's not enough variety I guess to justify its length (even if it's not that long). I've only played it 4 times through so maybe with more time they'll become their own.

It's not that it's not easily digestible, I just feel many tracks are the same, there's not enough variety I guess to justify its length (even if it's not that long). I've only played it 4 times through so maybe with more time they'll become their own.

I thought so too initially, but I'm telling you, this album is gonna grow over our heads on a little time. Remember your first listen to draft 7.30 or Untilted and compare it to the way you see it now. I bet there's hidden gems all over the place on Trademark Ribbons.

that really groovy portion in the first half of 'Franco Zoom To Nowhere' really captures my attention aesthetically, like, the slightly offset 'baernt' sound of the bass there just satisfies something in me immensely. The chord progression formed by the elements in that spot is really quite original.

i think part of the reason i rate this release so much (and maybe why some others do too) is because there's just so much love on this album. the tracks are drenched in it.

also, lol at people saying the tracks all sound the same. fucknlol

Guest ruiagnelo

also, lol at people saying the tracks all sound the same. fucknlol

indeed.

there is so much going on this record.

i guess it is just one of those where you find a new thing with each listen.

I'm often overwhelmed by new music so often I will only be able to recall two or three parts of an album consciously without listening a 2nd time. So I thought "wow this goes on for quite a bit" and couldn't distinguish the tracks all that well. But like I said, all this means is that the album is stylistically constant. Also I never look at track titles before I've heard the album multiple times and made my own associations with the tracks.

Albums like this are the most fun to listen to once you've discovered all the good little bits.

Guest Calx Sherbet

i still gotta get around to my second listen. nothin wrong with the album, i just have insane infrequency with all the music i like. lookin forward to it

i fiiiinally got this album in the post. I've listened to it twice, and even though I think its good so far, I have a feeling that it will really reveal itself after a few listens. Its just so dense!

I must say, the opening stretch is plain killer. The first three don't let up, and the "V...H...S..." on the title track is fantasic, like announcing his presense ontop of one of his best beats on the album. And track four is the "accessable" track, the one I'm going to play to all my friends.

Also, this is facinating; I didn't believe VHS Head was a Jackson alias, and now there is so much evidence that he isn't, but the chords from DPP39 sound eerily like the chords from Jackson's project 'Panash. I could swear on my life its the same sound. Did he sample that by coincidence? Did he do it on purpose as a reaction to the rumour? Am I just going mad?

wish people would stop with all this Jackson bullshit...

from what i've heard, Jackson And His Computer Band sounds way too polished and "slick" compared to VHS Head, which has a rawer sound and (in my opinion) way more character and balls.

wish people would stop with all this Jackson bullshit...

from what i've heard, Jackson And His Computer Band sounds way too polished and "slick" compared to VHS Head, which has a rawer sound and (in my opinion) way more character and balls.

hey, now hang on a sec!

if you'd read my post, I was saying that I thought it was a coincidence or a reaction to the rumour.

seriously, I'm a huge Jackson fanboy, and i could write a god damn thesis on the differences between VHS Head and Jackson. They have very little in common really, I know this more than anyone.

it's all i keep reading in threads related to VHS Head

JacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJacksonJackson

actually, I tend to talk about Jackson in every available scenario.

(Their production style is Chalk and Cheese though, especially Jackson's recent stuff.)

maybe I'll bring this up in the VHS Head sample thread.

Guest Greg Reason

I really don't understand the hype about this at all, sounds pretty ordinary to me

But you cannot fault Skam for being champs. They slung me all sorts of free shit when I bought a t-shirt off them a few months back; gave me more free shit than the cost of the bloody shirt!