IGNORED

VHS Head - Phasia [EP], Digital Out Now, Vinyl 12/8

YELLOW

50 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Wait am I missing something? Is this listenable anywhere but bleep?

I'm not positive. Almost reads like a Bleep exclusive with this end of the year best of list

Glad this also released this year, although tbh I haven't really returned to Phocus all that much. VHS Head requires a very specific mood for me to be in and I haven't been in that mood all year.

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

From Skam's X:

VHS Head - Phasia EP - Ska036 Limited Edition Picture Disc Available now exclusively via Bleep https://bleep.com/release/424873-vhs-head-phasia

All formats // All stores // 26th Januay

Ok! I guess it's coming out in other formats in January then? I don't want to miss owning the release but ordering from UK to Sweden can get stupidly expensive.

Does anyone know if bleep has IOSS under control? ie. declare customs stuff correctly? 

6 hours ago, Worlds Most Johnsson said:

From Skam's X:

VHS Head - Phasia EP - Ska036 Limited Edition Picture Disc Available now exclusively via Bleep https://bleep.com/release/424873-vhs-head-phasia

All formats // All stores // 26th Januay

Ok! I guess it's coming out in other formats in January then? I don't want to miss owning the release but ordering from UK to Sweden can get stupidly expensive.

Does anyone know if bleep has IOSS under control? ie. declare customs stuff correctly? 

Not sure how it is in Sweden but if you order more than 150 euro to Ireland you can be double taxed on it and you won't get it back thru IOSS

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NI64 said:

Wonder if this will get a non-picture disc version. I usually try to avoid those if I can.

Grab the picture disc for the lols but use the bundled flac for the nulls

• Big Brain 2

17 hours ago, Worlds Most Johnsson said:

All formats // All stores // 26th Januay

I guess I meant like a standard black vinyl release. I took that to just mean vinyl, CD, digital. But I'll wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

Great EP (got the digitalis)

sample identification spoiler:

Spoiler

The “Ruby!” sample (throughout the “Phocus” track) gets me every time. 

X-Files season 1 episode 4, “Conduit.” I had it one one of those dual episode VHS tapes, bundled with “Ice.” Wonder if Mr. Head used the same source.

For some reason her delivery at the end there has been echoing in my head since the 90s.

Edited by baph
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 11:10 AM, baph said:

Great EP (got the digitalis)

sample identification spoiler:

Hide contents

The “Ruby!” sample (throughout the “Phocus” track) gets me every time. 

X-Files season 1 episode 4, “Conduit.” I had it one one of those dual episode VHS tapes, bundled with “Ice.” Wonder if Mr. Head used the same source.

For some reason her delivery at the end there has been echoing in my head since the 90s.

Great catch! If anyone is active on Letterboxd, I keep a list there with samples I've identified in his tracks. I have notes for each with timestamps too.

https://letterboxd.com/ckmack/list/movies-sampled-by-vhs-head/

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Maybe I missed the memo earlier but this is streaming now at least on Apple Music. Lovely ep!!

Yes, killer stuff.