i dunno, just seems like really amateur writing to me. sure, thinking it's a glitch could be a totally believable scenario in a good writer's hands. but the way it was portrayed just seemed completely ridiculous. they just got to this planet a few hours ago ffs. and now two dudes are lost in an alien cave while a super alien storm rages outside but they've got just one guy monitoring them and he's getting pissed and playing music and then after he sees indication that a life form is in the cave he's just like "nah, gotta be a glitch" and then bangs charlize theron??? i mean, yeah, that's what i would do but that's why i'm not a fucking captain of intergalactic spaceship destined for alien planets.

100000 per cent right. HITS BIG FUCKING NAIL WITH A MASSIVE FUCKING DIRTY SLEDGEHAMMER ON THE HEAD AND DRIVES IT STRAIGHT INTO THE FUCKING GROUND

Guest FuncRandm

I was massively disappointed with this film, so many dodgy things about it when it could have been so good. I wrote a blog post on it, and even then managed to miss the following:

<spoilers>

- The medic pod was keyed to a man only. I thought that this might be down to it being actually for a much older person, but the reality is that it was probably forced that way so that abdominal surgery was the only way ahead.

- Why the hell was the first reaction of the Engineer, HULK SMASH!!! I picked up on this, but at that point was too tired of the movie to even worry about it.

- What actual evidence did they have for going there. The star system probably wouldn't have looked the same after 2000-40000 years.

- Why didn't anyone notice Shaw stumbling through the ship or using the medic pod?

- Why didn't they notice that the geologist was making their way back to the ship before him appearing outside. He had to walk up to the ship... scuttle even. Didn't they have proximity warning sensors or anything?

</spoilers>

I was so disappointed with this... I even blogged about it here http://shapejam.com/...evu-prometheus/.

Ah well, at least The Hobbit should be amazing :).

FuncRand(m)

Edited by FuncRandm

I knew this gonna suck balls. I just knew all along that h*wood can't make a good movie anymore. I can't help myself but think that BladeRunner and Alien was actually written by someone else very talented and not Ridley, and that person got shot by some h*wood black ops or something....

The only thing that keeps Prometheus in orbit of planet 'Meh' is art direction, and the possibility that the movie was made bad intentionally in order to emphasize the fact of how primitive human race is. Remember? We're about to launch a manned mission to Mars which is going to be a Reality Show. If that was indeed the case with Ridley's screenplay, well... he still could've made it better.

God, I hope some alien race made that Asteroid belt on purpose. And that those rocks are actually autonomous defense turrets that will keep our manned spaceships inside the inner solar system. FOR EVER!

It was the only (spectacular)film I wanted to see this year (Hobbit included, I'm afraid of it). Now there is no future and I understand that the world ends this year

gaarg

Anyone wishing they made a Prometheus FPS game, locate a ROM or copy of Alien Trilogy for PS1, you battle the Engineers on their ship in the final stage.

Or just wait for Colonial Marines I guess.

I saw it (twice) this weekend, in IMAX 3D. Fantastic use of 3D, and one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I personally think people hating on this film are way too critical or just do it so they don't seem too "eager" to instantly like something and be cool to join in with the pithy comment crowd.

Best Sci-Fi movie I've seen since Blade Runner. Period.

It'll be a day one Blu-Ray 3D purchase when it comes out so I can enjoy it all over again.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

ridley scott is a director. he must be crazy visual and not into story as much. sometimes he gets a blade runner, sometimes he gets a prometheus. He can't judge them storywise but he is inspired by their imagery

I saw it (twice) this weekend, in IMAX 3D. Fantastic use of 3D, and one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I personally think people hating on this film are way too critical or just do it so they don't seem too "eager" to instantly like something and be cool to join in with the pithy comment crowd.

and yet you thought Drukqz was only quite good

I personally think people hating on this film are way too critical or just do it so they don't seem too "eager" to instantly like something and be cool to join in with the pithy comment crowd.

whilst I think this is true to an extent the reason this film is getting so much hate is because its so easy to hate. it sets itself with so much dumb fail that you don't even need to try to think of a stupid moment to mock.

I'll say it again: I enjoyed my viewing of this film but it didnt hold up to any after thought. Therefore I would watch it again but I would not think about it afterwards again. As soon as leaving the cinema I would distract myself instantly with shiny objects and dream of perhaps buying the bluray (shiny object)

and yet you thought Drukqz was only quite good

No, DrukQs was great - my choice of words had nothing to do with my enjoyment of the album.

I personally think people hating on this film are way too critical or just do it so they don't seem too "eager" to instantly like something and be cool to join in with the pithy comment crowd.

whilst I think this is true to an extent the reason this film is getting so much hate is because its so easy to hate. it sets itself with so much dumb fail that you don't even need to try to think of a stupid moment to mock.

I'll say it again: I enjoyed my viewing of this film but it didnt hold up to any after thought. Therefore I would watch it again but I would not think about it afterwards again. As soon as leaving the cinema I would distract myself instantly with shiny objects and dream of perhaps buying the bluray (shiny object)

Please, enlighten me on at least a few stupid moments to mock - and let's see if you're not being overly critical like the rest of the lot.

YEAH IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT YOU'RE LYING

No, don't be silly - obviously some people will come away with a 'meh' impression of this (or any) film - but to seemingly dismiss it despite what it achieved smacks of crowd mentality.

Please, enlighten me on at least a few stupid moments to mock - and let's see if you're not being overly critical like the rest of the lot.

#1 running away from falling spacecraft in a straight line

#2 removing helmets instantly upon arrival

#3 "hands up"

#4 petting an alien snake moments after being afraid

#5 getting lost minutes after mapping the entire structure

#6 opening the bay doors and wandering out to see whats going on

#7 engineer smash

#8 "...father..."

#9 waaaaah but i wanted to talk to the aliens waaaaaah i'm a grown-up/scientist waaah *drink*

#10 cave painting map to a weapons dump planet?

#11 to start the spacecraft play the flute

#12 hologram replays why?

this list could go to 100

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard