IGNORED

New Bjork...or Plaid?

Guest lift

Guest lift

So, Bjork put up this clip, a teaser of a new song "Crystalline" off her forthcoming album:

[vimeo]24314428[/vimeo]

Now, I'm relatively sure we would have heard from Ed and Andy before today about any involvement in new Bjork work. That said, if this doesn't have anything to do with them, then she's certainly making her influences explicit.

interesting.. hmmm, sounds a bit like Plaid yes. maybe this video is from, after Bjork's visit to Plaid's studio. after her, stealing some samples from the dudes' laptops when theyre busy cooking food or using the bath! and she sounds in the video, so happy to have stolen the music!! haha!

ps:thanks for the share!

Guest sirch

dunno how you can get so much from that 30 second clip! ?

but i like how she was overtaken there at the end of the video , lol :)

i do hope she is working with Plaid again, though, i'd love that! !

Guest sirch

ah yes the "being overtaken" is gorgeous :)) who can dare to overtake the singer of "enjoy"?? :)

dunno. she was driving pretty slow by the looks of it! :)

Looks like shes driving a 4x4 aswell... bet she did a short cut over the fields and regained her position :) Mmm, it would be very nice if Plaid and Bjork done some more tracks together!

• 1 month later...

I heard a song from her new album recently, and it was really nice - very IDM toward the end of the track (though it didn't make me think of Plaid). I've never paid much attention to her stuff, but I'll likely be checking out the new album.

Oh, good old times. Listening to Lilith from NF3s... Bjork/Plaid are such a great combination. Also, Extork. In general, Plaid + Voice.

ROCKSSSS

Oh yeah, it was good... of course I own that CD.

Any other Björk/Plaid collab other than AIFOL and Lilith?

I must say I always had my problems with vocals in music, IDM without vocals was enough for me. But meanwhile, also since listening to some great classical music with vocals (Dido and Aeneas!) I appreciate vocals very much (but often you need to love the voice at the current performance, it's not such a deterministic business as just machines).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm breaking the rules with this bump but fucking come on. All of the pissing and moaning about Warp and is Scintilli coming out or not over the past couple of years and all the rest of it, and now noone has anything to say for a week...? I've nothing new to add but fuck, Scintilli's finally a reality. Don't be afraid, this isn't the BoC subforum, you can express enthusiasm and speculate without incurring a restraining order.

yeah, this is true, although there's been a small influx of new folks, the hardcore forum go-ers seem to have all gone on holiday at the same time, or sumink!

i'm pretty excited for this new Bjork album, and... i'm not sure how i feel about Scintilli, yet...

all we have to go on is that short track with the video of the girl that plays with a giant octopus at the same time as hacking it to bits.

it all seems like a bit unreal to me, at the moment, like a dream. was it really announced for release? i have to keep pinching myself and checking the Warp site to confirm it's actually true! lol

Archived