IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tim_J said:

M8There's no digital filter in the 1st one... I used my sunglasses lens... 

IMG_20201129_171244.jpg

IMG_20201129_185942.jpg

IMG_20201129_174724.jpg

IMG_20201129_163753.jpg

I can just imagine the epic ambient music that accompany these flyover shots.

• Like 1

Tim, those aerial shots are dope. I particularly like the urban cityscape at night....These remind me of the sorta thing which would have got shittons of reblogs on tumblr back in the day (particularly if they were animated with a couple shots in quick succession giving a 3d effect). Zooluus: those two shots work for me specifically in the context of them being in the same post, ie the textural contrast works quite well together.

I myself haven't really done photography as a serious practice in quite some time. My camera hasn't worked properly since back in the early spring when i went out to nature on a particularly hot day & left it sitting on a rock in the sun for too long. would like to get back into it at some point - i find my approach with artistic mediums is to focus on one to the near-exclusion of all others for a long time, to return to things after a several month/year long break with an altered perspective. that being said i cleared my phone out the other day & saved a couple of rando shots i had on it.

13504a.jpg

13587a.jpg

20201201.jpg

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

@QQQ pretty much, yeah. I very severely dislike Instagram. Last year I had deleted all my photos from there and vowed not to use it again, but then I moved to London and as much as a loathe it, Instagram can in certain cases assist with exposure when trying to get some spec freelance work, so I started it back up and posted enough photos to give a flavour of my style.

Of course, it's not really worked out as I've gotten zero interest since moving down here in August. Might end up purging it all again.
My main repository of images is on VSCO however they've also made changes to the way they do things and as soon as I get work (still unemployed, not even a regular day job) I'll be setting up a website.

VSCO is frustrating for people looking at my work, particularly on mobile phone because it obnoxiously pushes for the observer to install the app with a half-page ad. On top of that they've made some very questionable business decisions which I'm not really okay with.

Anyway, if you would like to see some more images clicky the VSCO link up above and I'll be sure to keep posting choice selections in here when I have anything new!

Really nice images here @QQQ, especially the brutalist pigeons one ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, QQQ said:

@oscillik
i think IG is the best of a bad bunch, though some aspects of it are really frustrating (the crop ratio – wtf???)

please share if you ever settle on something better

I could go on an extended rant about my own personal issues and opinions on Instagram, but I don't think anyone really cares (and I don't blame anyone for not giving a shit what a late 30s boomer thinks about Instagram. Also yes the bullshit crop limit is annoying)!

I can boil it all down ultimately to: I never really cared about likes or clout, and these platforms are continually pushing for more engagement, more likes, more interaction, more clout. And so do the users, generally speaking. I'm just done with it.

VSCO's social aspect used to align more with my sentiments (they were, from the beginning, not showing follower counts / like counts etc), it's a shame they're trying to pivot to something that I don't fit with.

As soon as I have an online repository for my work, I'll be sure to spam this place with it though. As I've said previously in this now massive thread, I am extremely thankful and grateful for the supportive and kind words from users here at WATMM. If it weren't for the positive reinforcement of my phone camera photography, I wouldn't have pushed myself to get better tools to make better photos.

@Joyrex thanks for this place existing, because without it I may never have gotten that positivity at the time that I did. And I might still be trying to make shitty electronic music with hardware I'm not worthy of ?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I have a bunch of old photos that i wanted to share but they're huge .png files and i dont feel like shrinking them so please pretend i just posted a bunch of cool pix.

dang, WOW, these photos are COOL

• Like 3