IGNORED

fav Plaid remixes that are so precious to me

theplaided

somebody should compile all their remixes into one huge collection in chronological order, with dates and any info available on them. a bit like that Autechre Laxir thing.

I actually made this for myself and have it on my iPod, but I wouldn't want to distribute it... I'd rather not discourage the release of another remix collection.

tsk tsk tsk, you people are not reading topic names..

huh? are you sure the topic name is what you think the topic name is? :music:

i have to second the cube juice remix again, also, the timing of some of the rests in that one just gets me every time.

Guest sirch

and yes! the "lune noire" !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41mZaUVRcQU

i do really like this one even tho i dissed it before, but it just reminds me of a weird time in my life. like music can do, just like smells, take your mind back in time.

it's a wicked mix, though. but it's a dark one for me... but in good and bad ways. not all bad :) 2004/5 was weird, tho.

same here, at first i so much hated this and hated too the fact that how come there s a plaid remix that i "cant" enjoy :S but then with time,, i can say this is definitely among the top Plaid works for me ;)

yes very dark indeed but also i find it very aggressive and free,,,, yet very organised..

this was 1 of my fav tracks back in 05. and that laptop set Andy did for beats in space in New York. - great set!

used to listen to it all the time that year. proper weird year tho for me. but good memories of it. funny that! :)

Guest sirch

The Metro Dade remix is a great one. I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, it might have been the first remix I heard of theirs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVid3GJ4d9w&playnext=1&list=PL222A896A4B4C30FE

ah yes, that's a good one!

probably nobody's mentioned it yet cos there's just so many good mixes out there by them. i forget about some of them cos there's literally hundreds!

somebody should compile all their remixes into one huge collection in chronological order, with dates and any info available on them. a bit like that Autechre Laxir thing.

i could do it with pleasure , of course if some people started,,,,,, paying me,,, you know :P

i'll paypal you a fiver if that'll help? ;)

hahaha.

no waaaaaaay :)

by the way: that cover me remix up there is my upload too,, so, you gotta pay a bit more than 14 i guess

oh whatever..

just give me Plaid and i ll do anything...

like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfGMzqMtywY

it gets me so high after the 3rd minute or so :)

!!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxsY0-VOoJk

worst Plaid remix...it is the only Plaid track i do not like. it gives me a sick feeling. the sounds make me cringe. i hate that this exists. am i the only one? i really want to know.

One of my favorite remixes from Parts. I like all the dis-harmonization over the 808. This track sounds great on a good stereo system!

worst Plaid remix...it is the only Plaid track i do not like. it gives me a sick feeling. the sounds make me cringe. i hate that this exists. am i the only one? i really want to know.

One of my favorite remixes from Parts. I like all the dis-harmonization over the 808. This track sounds great on a good stereo system!

It's one of my favorites, too. This one is funky as hell. Give it another chance!

damn. its the tones that are used that are just plain unpleasant to me. Plaid will always be in my top list. Anyone seeing them in Philly? i saw them in DC in 2001 with Nobukazu Takemura and Mira Calix. Now, ten years later in Philly in November. The anticipation is killing me, that and the wait for Scintilli. Any word on openers yet?

Think I prefer the studio version but:

I can't figure out the new way to embed youtube stuff so i'll just say it: Bukatiende. Great remix

i wonder why there s so little people who love the drivin around the block remix!!!

it just is one of the best Plaid remixes ever, esp after 3:44 it turns into a complete bliss for my ears. or my brains, whatever..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5DSPcVGSp4

i even made a clip for it :P (budget: 1 lira)

• 1 month later...
Guest melanie

Bjork- All Is Full Of Love will always have a special place in my heart because that track is how I discovered Plaid.

Coba- After Dinner is quite high on my list of favs. it is a sunny stroll through the park, cup of coffee early in the morning under a shade tree in the garden, a song for a perfect day. :cool:

that's all i can think of at the moment. though there are many more that are precious to me.

• 3 months later...

I have no idea what their lesser known remixes are. I know that everyone knows and loves the All is Full of Love mix (which they should, cause, fucking tune)

but -

and this remix of L.E.D. Down mmmmm

• 2 months later...

Archived