IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

finding it really difficult not to make super snarky comments about this song. i mean, wtf so shrill vocals. the video is nice if i mute the song. planet dog F1 racing is something i'd watch.. but my god the choices they made for this song. i don't understand and will not try to. 

53 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

Had a similar experience with jalapeños last year if I remember right, though I can't remember which dish I used them for. Left a minty burn for at least a day.

Jalapeños? Those lovely and, yes, minty but, let's be fair, quite mild peppers?

?

Got some Korean instant noodles at the Asian store, the spicy ones sold in a display that says "warning - very spicy - not for children".

Stupidly decided to have them for breakfast.

I like - and can handle - spicy food. Just not at 8:00 AM, it turns out.

Afterwards the coffee tasted funny, too.

it snowed earlier this week, and now we're having a string of +20c days. ppl are walking around in shorts & t-shirt in the middle of Montreal November

That's not the first world problem, tho - it's lovely outside. The FWP is that it feels very much like early May rn, and that makes the looming spectre of the Canadian winter loom even heavier. It was already looming quite heavily with the very real prospect of gyms remaining closed + not being able to go home for Christmas + it being even trickier than usual to talk anyone into leaving their homes

This winter will in all likelihood be extremely fruitful musically but also psychologically adventurous

Edited by Cryptowen
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, drillkicker said:
2 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Not available over here ? what was it?

burial of kojo

That's it, use a free VPN, I've never used one before until recently, just a simple extension for Chrome, setupVPN... No options whatsoever, just choose a country... ?

58 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Jalapeños? Those lovely and, yes, minty but, let's be fair, quite mild peppers?

?

I guess there's different kinds... Or it differs if they're cooked or canned or fresh... Sometimes I eat them with no problems while other times I cry, sneeze, sweat, cough and have hiccups... 

3 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

silverfishblog.jpg

Awwwww?

9 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Good Lord !  ?   I've been here 8 years. Maybe that's why they're so friggin huge. Just growing and growing inside my old boxes of crap I don't need and never open ?

lol well hopefully you don’t bring them with you to your next place! I was just reading the wiki on them and they’re weird little things... imagine mating was this simple for humans?

Before silverfish reproduce, they carry out a ritual involving three phases, which may last over half an hour. In the first phase, the male and female stand face to face, their quivering antennae touching, then repeatedly back off and return to this position. In the second phase, the male runs away and the female chases him. In the third phase, the male and female stand side by side and head to tail, with the male vibrating his tail against the female.”

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

42 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

That's it, use a free VPN, I've never used one before until recently, just a simple extension for Chrome, setupVPN... No options whatsoever, just choose a country... ?

Nvrmnd I just tried some UK exclusive content with my VPN set to UK and it doesn't work... I guess some VPNs do but not setupVPN... 

This site has catalogues of country exclusive titles and titles you can watch with several VPNs (although not free probably), etc... 

https://www.flixwatch.co/catalogue/expressvpn/

Edited by Tim_J

11 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

lol well hopefully you don’t bring them with you to your next place! I was just reading the wiki on them and they’re weird little things... imagine mating was this simple for humans?

Before silverfish reproduce, they carry out a ritual involving three phases, which may last over half an hour. In the first phase, the male and female stand face to face, their quivering antennae touching, then repeatedly back off and return to this position. In the second phase, the male runs away and the female chases him. In the third phase, the male and female stand side by side and head to tail, with the male vibrating his tail against the female.”

Kinky little creatures... Lots of foreplay... ???

Anyway there's a really simple solution for these little fellas, and it doesn't kill them... They just can't stand it... 

5-17.jpg?resize=1280,720&ssl=1

https://www.westernexterminator.com/occasional-invaders/how-to-get-rid-of-silverfish/

Edited by Tim_J
  • Farnsworth 1

11 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

That's interesting, I remember once reading about the male dumping their jizz somewhere and then basically waiting for a female to come along so that they can trip her up and make her fall into it.

Or something to that effect; I'm obviously not an expert.

• Haha 1

I've had silverfish companions at a few places.  Never really understood why they bothered people so much.  Totally neutral on silver fish... although the ones I've encountered were all tiny.  I'd always try to point them out to my cat so he could get his predatory kicks out, but he could never see them.

3 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

psychologically adventurous

That's the wording I'm going to use from now on.  I've lost my sanity even harder than usual this year :beer:(imagine that animation but instead of two people it's one person against a mirror)

• Like 2

I also came here to complain about a fwp in a jobby vein. 
My “new” (too complicated to explain here) boss fired and rehired me today within about 5 minutes time after receiving one slight pushback from me and then realising he shot himself in the foot. I already knew the guy was a total cunt and suspect he has a antisocial personality disorder, it only took 3 irl interactions with him for it to manifest in such a direct way. 
What was a sometimes stressful also fun job is now a source of stomach cramps and palpitations. Gonna try to hold on as long as possible but this fucking sucks right now. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, user said:

I also came here to complain about a fwp in a jobby vein. 
My “new” (too complicated to explain here) boss fired and rehired me today within about 5 minutes time after receiving one slight pushback from me and then realising he shot himself in the foot. I already knew the guy was a total cunt and suspect he has a antisocial personality disorder, it only took 3 irl interactions with him for it to manifest in such a direct way. 
What was a sometimes stressful also fun job is now a source of stomach cramps and palpitations. Gonna try to hold on as long as possible but this fucking sucks right now. 

That’s kinda messed up. Do you have any recourse, anyone you can go to (HR etc) as that’s just wrong - there’s p clear steps to follow to terminate someone depending on where you live. At least here anyways?

You shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells. ?

• Thanks 2

I got a fucking tennis elbow from hacking away at a keyboard all damn day. And I can't stop working cause I have contracts to honor. ?

Also got my first pair of reading glasses recently. Body is shutting down basically, might as well call it a day.

I told my roommates that I found a new place and would be moving out, which prompted all but one of us to announce we're moving out. There's a ton of stuff left over from past roommates and I get the feeling I'll be responsible for that shit. My work is also dumping work on me at the last minute and I need to move some heavy boxes today :catface:

• Like 1

One of the only clubs in my city that will book decent acts (not a lot of demand for the idms here lol) is permanently closing. Landlord wouldn’t negotiate on terms and they can’t survive in covid times. Real bummer ?