IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I now know why the Romans used a sea sponge on a stick, you live and learn.  I'm pretty sure when I was growing up the children's brush was a lot softer than the adult brush.  I remember being excited about finally being allowed to use the adult brush and then really disappointed with the results, but a quick look on amazon for child's toilet brush isn't giving any results, have they just gone the way of the bidet and out of fashion? 

All my partners have been/are nuts to varying degrees, but nothing compared to my family. I bet you guys are as well. Posting in here isn't normal. Most people are rather fucked up in the head, but we cope and try to get along.

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

Just get it all out with your finger and then wipe your finger with toilet paper. Not a big deal

You can sniff the bits that stuck under your finger nail for health reasons.

Sounds pretty normal to me

• Thanks 1

A dead sea lion pup is washed up on the beach at my park. The family has been barking in a pack, off a ways in the water, clearly hoping to locate or mourn their family member. The pup likely died a few days ago; eagles and scavengers have ripped it open and the writhing decomposers are quite busy all around the site.

I never know quite what to do when I find these unfortunate creatures. Animal control doesn't handle dead wildlife; the park maintenance crew will literally just put it in a trash bag and throw in a dumpster; park-goers will occasionally poke it with a stick, as one does. I'd like to put it to rest in some way, but it's a large rotten carcass wedged between fallen logs, pushed to the height of high tide where it will not be taken back to sea. If I bury it with sand, someone may just step on it. Perhaps I can cover it with carefully placed logs, so that the grubs and other residents of styx can continue to work, but humans cannot intervene.

*sigh*

Stupid lost world problems. Fitting trouble for the day of the dead.

Edited by luke viia
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, luke viia said:

A dead sea lion pup is washed up on the beach at my park. The family has been barking in a pack, off a ways in the water, clearly hoping to locate or mourn their family member. The pup likely died a few days ago; eagles and scavengers have ripped it open and the writhing decomposers are quite busy all around the site.

I never know quite what to do when I find these unfortunate creatures. Animal control doesn't handle dead wildlife; the park maintenance crew will literally just put it in a trash bag and throw in a dumpster; park-goers will occasionally poke it with a stick, as one does. I'd like to put it to rest in some way, but it's a large rotten carcass wedged between fallen logs, pushed to the height of high tide where it will not be taken back to sea. If I bury it with sand, someone may just step on it. Perhaps I can cover it with carefully placed logs, so that the grubs and other residents of styx can continue to work, but humans cannot intervene.

*sigh*

Stupid lost world problems. Fitting trouble for the day of the dead.

Take a piss over it.  If sea lions wanted reverence then they wouldn't torture innocent sunfish for fun.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, milkface said:

why does every girl i end up having a thing with always turn out to have very serious mental health problems

For me personally I think it's just that you have to be crazy to date me.

Nice-guy client with the horribly antisemitic facebook statuses has just sent me a message request.  Hadn't heard from him for a few years, so I thought I was in the clear.  He's always been very friendly to me, and clearly has some pretty major mental health issues (predisposed to believe any theory that is conspiracy over anything that's generally accepted).  So I feel like I should accept/respond... but man, that's some putrid bile on his fb (I declined a friend request way-back-when when I first saw it).  

My internet is down, so now I have to use the mobile 4G network instead. Woe is me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Had a job interview today, one of only a handful this year after countless fruitless applications.

It was a third interview in the process so that's positive. But I'm at the tail end of a brutal cold so don't think I came across as enthusiastic and excited as I truly am. 

There's a kinda low chance I'll get the gig, I'm banking on them prioritizing organizational fit and soft skills above functional abilities/operational background. 

stevieG just wants to work ? 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 3