IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

47 minutes ago, Dragon said:

i don't use social media often, but i've been looking around today to see if people are talking about International Men's Day and overall it's disappointing.

I'm a man, and I didn't even know about it. That's how far we've come.

I remember a Russian joke about the Women's Day. It goes like this: There's one day for women each year, but for men there are 364.

I'll get me coat.

• Thanks 1

There was a power-outage a few days ago, which shut my computer off suddenly.  Any time this has happened in the past, there's a temporary fuck up with my soundcard that I'm always able to resolve after dicking around a bit.  But this time it seems permafucked, at least in the important ways - I can't play anything in Ableton.  Cubase works until I apply EQ, which kills the sound.  I have a new computer that needs to be assembled, so hopefully once I get that up and running I can salvage everything.  I suspect a lot of plug-ins I use will not be compatible, but there are only a few outside VSTs I use in Ableton.  I was able to at least record keyboards in Cubase for the song I just started working on.  Pretty major FWP for me.  In brighter news, my covid test came back negative.

I really need to get in the habit of creating stems when my tracks are completed.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Our clown of a landlord has given us a 30 day 'notice to vacate' in the middle of lockdown, and has given the deadline as a week before xmas.

More of a FWS really as we're planning to stop paying rent and staying here for 6 months now, as is UK law since covid.

• Farnsworth 1

4 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Our clown of a landlord has given us a 30 day 'notice to vacate' in the middle of lockdown, and has given the deadline as a week before xmas.

More of a FWS really as we're planning to stop paying rent and staying here for 6 months now, as is UK law since covid.

I saw, I can’t believe that, especially right at Christmas like this! What a dick landlord (it’s a “management company” or something innit? Not like an actual individual?).

hey if they’re going to be illegal shits then it’s time for a little counter squatting ? 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

gym closure got extended again, even though quebec health ppl said it's a bad idea to keep all this shit closed for so long

honestly i'm kinduv into it at this point - i'm using all of this intense isolation weirdness (i have been going several days at a time without even seeing another human face or speaking out loud) to fuel my creative efforts. i've got another album half finished & imo it's quite good//unusual//new sonic territory for me. hopefully i finish it & a few ppl hear it before civilization collapses *fingers crossed*

• Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 11:52 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

There was a power-outage a few days ago, which shut my computer off suddenly.  Any time this has happened in the past, there's a temporary fuck up with my soundcard that I'm always able to resolve after dicking around a bit.  But this time it seems permafucked, at least in the important ways - I can't play anything in Ableton.  Cubase works until I apply EQ, which kills the sound.

I magically unfucked my soundcard by accidentally hitting the switch on my power bar while unplugging something, which once again violently shut off my computer.  This should have had the effect of damaging it further beyond repair, but instead it made everything go back to normal.  And yes, I had tried reseting my computer several times before this.  Seriously WTF.

• Farnsworth 1

i've been in a full on fight w/a track for a while. it's  one of those ones that sounds good one day then the next day it's like wtf is this pile shat out garbage. 

started mixing it today thinking i was in a good place w/it and nope it's shit. 

maybe  The Neon Demon  is  bad background fodder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i've been in a full on fight w/a track for a while. it's  one of those ones that sounds good one day then the next day it's like wtf is this pile shat out garbage. 

started mixing it today thinking i was in a good place w/it and nope it's shit. 

maybe  The Neon Demon  is  bad background fodder. 

Go make another track and then come back. It’ll be dope as hell or the problem will be obvious 

5 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

Go make another track and then come back. It’ll be dope as hell or the problem will be obvious 

there's typically more than one going at a time so i  can work on something else a bit and return to it. i listened to it on laptop speakers and it made more sense so i  think i know what the problem is already but we'll see. 

• Like 1

The client who drove me crazy for the better part of 4 years finally has his album cover ready, and it's sooooo amazing... like something you'd find on one of those best worst all time lists.  I can't share because it would be unprofessional/disrespectful, but holy moly.  I want the whole world to see... the fact I have to keep it on the DL is killing me.

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The client who drove me crazy for the better part of 4 years finally has his album cover ready, and it's sooooo amazing... like something you'd find on one of those best worst all time lists.  I can't share because it would be unprofessional/disrespectful, but holy moly.  I want the whole world to see... the fact I have to keep it on the DL is killing me.

You could anonymously post it here, make a secrete account ?

just saw that "Ready Player Two" is coming out and i'm annoyed because I know someone will recommend it me and I'll have to tell them how much I hated "Ready Player One" and to fuck off w/that johnny come lately generic sanctimonious bullshit. I read about 10 pages of Ready Player One and it so annoyed me that i took it back to the book store for credit. I tried a couple times to read it based on some people going gaga over it but no. it's shit. 

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty sick of having my weight fluctuate this often. Going to have to put down the booze for a minute after this week.

7 minutes ago, ignatius said:

just saw that "Ready Player Two" is coming out and i'm annoyed because I know someone will recommend it me and I'll have to tell them how much I hated "Ready Player One" and to fuck off w/that johnny come lately generic sanctimonious bullshit. I read about 10 pages of Ready Player One and it so annoyed me that i took it back to the book store for credit. I tried a couple times to read it based on some people going gaga over it but no. it's shit. 

I was super drunk when I watched it and thought it was comical that the main protagonists kind of achieve their goal or whatever, but all of their society's problems clearly remain when the credits start rolling.

Entertaining action sequences, though.

37 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I'm pretty sick of having my weight fluctuate this often. Going to have to put down the booze for a minute after this week.

I was super drunk when I watched it and thought it was comical that the main protagonists kind of achieve their goal or whatever, but all of their society's problems clearly remain when the credits start rolling.

Entertaining action sequences, though.

i didn't see the movie. i mean.. i couldn't tolerate the book even in small amounts so no way i was going to invest in the flim. 

26 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i didn't see the movie. i mean.. i couldn't tolerate the book even in small amounts so no way i was going to invest in the flim. 

The movie was like Ralph Breaks The Internet for grownups.  Way too much going on visually at any given time.

Edited by Extralife
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Ready Player One was a fun snack of a book, easily read in a matter of hours, and I've watched the movie multiple times to catch even more of the pop culture references they slipped in. They're definitely not high-brow in any way, nerdy as they come and I understand why they're off-putting to some - but I'm an 80s teenager, a pop culture geek, I'm still playing RPGs (Paranoia YAY), board games (can't wait to play this) and miniature games like Battletech and Car Wars, reading and collecting comics, watching cartoons (although some adults tend to call it animation) etc. so it just comes with the territory. Cline's books fit in nicely on my shelves alongside Baudrillard, McLuhan, Chomsky and other children's books.

Edited by dcom
  • Burger 1

2 minutes ago, dcom said:

Ready Player One was a fun snack of a book, easily read in a matter of hours, and I've watched the movie multiple times to catch even more of the pop culture references they slipped in. They're definitely not high-brow in any way, nerdy as they come and I understand why they're off-putting to some - but I'm an 80s teenager, a pop culture geek, I'm still playing RPGs (Paranoia YAY), board games (can't wait to play this) and miniature games like Battletech and Car Wars, reading and collecting comics, watching cartoons (although some adults tend to call it animation) etc. so it just comes with the territory. Cline's books fit in nicely on my shelves alongside Baudrillard, McLuhan, Chomsky and other children's books.

he was interviewed on NPR this morning and took credit for inventing VR. it was a bad interview.