IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 10/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, chenGOD said:

Fucking international meetings mean I have to wake my ass up at 5:30 - I usually don't get to bed until 3!

In a previous job the company I worked for had most of the people in Europe and Asia, then one guy in US. Somewhere near Seattle of all the places. Guess who got fucked in the ass by the meeting schedules? Poor guy.

One meeting was something like 4am in the morning for him and he was quite obviously drunk, lol.

I’m starting to become somewhat terrified of the growing group of people in my country that’s creating their own reality based on shit they see and read online.
One of my oldest and best friends came over yesterday and when I mentioned that my dad (who’s always had a inclination towards crackpot theories but never in a malevolent or worrying way) shared some videos with me that I was hoping to ridicule together he said that he now counted himself among “the idiots” that we used to make fun of. We spent the entire day discussing and arguing but of course it was pointless. We split amiably but I felt incredibly down and worried about my friend after he left and for most of today.  
Tonight while watching some dinner time tv I saw clips of people threatening politicians on their way to do their job, a couple b-list celebrities saying they’d like to see our prime minister shot but neither of them can do it “because I don’t wanna ruin my karma” and “I can shoot pretty well but I just can’t do it. And the leader of our latest quasi intellectual populist party trying to do his best to rake in the crackpot vote. 

What the fuck is wrong with people? 

• Sad 3

The West ist starting to fall victim to its own success (with the US being the worst offender as usual). Some years ago it was unthinkable to spout racist nonsense publicly here, you'd be ostracised like a sexual offender by the majority. These days it got pretty normal to be a racist piece of shit and almost socially acceptable. People won't like you but accept you as part of the normal political spectrum. What I mean by "fell victim to its own success" is the pettiness that comes with forgetting/not recognising years of great privilege. We could afford to be stupid-ass shit heads for way too long and are now paying the price.

• Like 2

Have seriously contemplated quitting my job and just getting another one in a few months. Getting pretty sick of all of the obligations I have there. It also feels like I'm not really learning anything related to where I want to be professionally.

Need that health insurance though :cattears:

16 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Have seriously contemplated quitting my job and just getting another one in a few months.

I've walked away from 2 jobs before in my career without anything lined up, and completely regretted it by about month number 4 of unemployment.

12 minutes ago, zero said:

I've walked away from 2 jobs before in my career without anything lined up, and completely regretted it by about month number 4 of unemployment.

I've never quit a job without some kind of back up, but I have enough experience in my field to where that probably won't matter. At any rate, it's a gamble right now. I should wait to see how this election pans out and if the economy is going to bounce back.

It actually isn't funny.  My oldest friends have all moved out of town and the only people I see regularly now are my coworkers.  I don't remember the last time I've had fun with anything and I spend most of my time just waiting for tomorrow.  I'm tired of living this way but I don't see any alternative.  The experience of being alive has become horribly grating and nauseating.

The closest thing I get to enjoying anything is work, because it's the only time I'm not alone.  My free time is just a drag until I go to bed.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

It actually isn't funny.  My oldest friends have all moved out of town and the only people I see regularly now are my coworkers.  I don't remember the last time I've had fun with anything and I spend most of my time just waiting for tomorrow.  I'm tired of living this way but I don't see any alternative.  The experience of being alive has become horribly grating and nauseating.

relatable but caused by different things for me.  hang in there. 

4 hours ago, drillkicker said:

The closest thing I get to enjoying anything is work, because it's the only time I'm not alone.  My free time is just a drag until I go to bed.

ugh this hits real close to home. I hope you find your way back to a life enjoyed. I'm down to listen if you ever want to vent, I'm seriously going through almost the exact same thing, hah. 

Sometimes when listening on headphones, to music or a tv show - though mostly music. I'll hear a background sound that sounds like it isn't coming from the headphones.

Just now on music I was listening to I heard this random one-shot esque grating bass that startled me that sounded like a far away explosion, and is mixed to. So I got up and immediately started trying to figure out what THAT was, then after a bit I'll choose to ignore whatever it was. Then I sit down, only to hear it again in my headphones and be startled again, tho obviously now I know it's from the mix of the track due to the haas effect, which was why it didn't sound like it came from my headphones.

Edited by Brisbot

Just shat myself.  Not prone to this happening, took me by surprise.  Big enough mess that I had to strip down and get a shower.  Cat just sniffed me and looked at me in disgust while this was happening, which to be honest is a bit hypocritical considering I cleaned up after she was poorly.

• Like 2

I spent two months waiting to get an appointment with a cardiologist - trying to get some tests done but they require an "establishing care" visit first since I'm a new patient. The appointment was at 11am today. I spent more time filling out the paperwork than I did in their building. It's a half hour drive to get there and I was back home at 11:50. Doc basically said I'll read your notes later, your heart sounds good, let's do a follow up and an ECG in six months. WTF? My insurance deductible will be reset in January and their idea of six months from now turned out to be May 7th 2021. Fucks sake. 

I do indeed have a congenital heart defect and I do actually need this test done, "sounds good" is a phrase for questions like "kebabs for dinner?", not a fucking diagnosis. 

Bet that appointment costs me upwards of $500 (after insurance pays their $10). 

life is a trashbear

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, user said:

Are we talking wrongly assessed fart resulting in a wet hot mess or solid turds being expulsed apropos of nothing? 

To be honest it was worse than either of those scenarios.  I've had a bit of an upset stomach for the past week, and just unleashed explosive diarrhea into my pants, no forewarning gurgling.  Ran to the toilet, and explosion number 2 happened just as I had loosened my pants and was lowering them.  Items covered included the toilet cistern, toilet seat, back wall, shower curtain, the bath itself, the floor, all my clothes and I even managed to bullseye the waste paper bin with a rare vaguely solid bit.  If there was a film called 'Everything's covered in liquid shit, including myself' then I would have been all set for the describe your last shit with a movie title thread.

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

Just pretend that you did it on purpose and the cat will still respect you.

Thank god cats live in the moment otherwise I would have had to have her put down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6