IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Have had a headache since monday evening plus I also have been procrastinating like crazy and absolutely have to get some shit done tonight and tomorrow or there will be consequences. This fucking headache though.   

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i made a will but have to get 2 people to witness it and sign. i'll have to bug my neighbors.

lol that's a pretty strange neighborly request. unless you know them well? couldn't imagine asking some folks I don't know all that well to do that. 

"hey mr. neighbor, could you like, um, sign my will please?"

1 minute ago, zero said:

lol that's a pretty strange neighborly request. unless you know them well? couldn't imagine asking some folks I don't know all that well to do that. 

"hey mr. neighbor, could you like, um, sign my will please?"

i know them well enough maybe.. been to dinner there a few times but haven't really spoken to them regularly this previous year. i guess i could ask the people preparing my taxes. maybe they'd do it. 

6 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Every time I plan to do things with people I get this really mild throat thing.

So walk in clinics, predictably, no longer take people in for cold-related symptoms.  I tried to get any info on my previous samples to see if they could be analyzed for anything else (like strep etc.), but the lady I spoke with was useless - said "as far as I know it's just for covid"... but I need the sample analyzed for other things.  Also found out my family doc got suspended twice, once for inappropriate touching/comments, and then again for not complying to the rules once he returned.  Anyway, really seems like there is no way for me to get a diagnosis/advice on anything not Covid related.  So whatever the throat thing is, I just need to hope it doesn't matter.

41 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Sorry I'm such a whiny bitch lately.  Spent the day crying and I feel a million times better now.

It's been a regular daily cycle between feeling absolutely terrible and feeling on top of the world.

crying, like laughter, actually does some chemical and physiological things to your brain/body so it's healthy to let it out. 

• Like 3

I hear that people cry more when they are depressed. It happens to me sometimes too. I'll be watching a shitty commercial on tv and just start crying, it's weird, but natural I guess.

Edited by yekker

1 hour ago, yekker said:

I hear that people cry more when they are depressed. It happens to me sometimes too. I'll be watching a shitty commercial on tv and just start crying, it's weird, but natural I guess.

What’s done it for me is after i become a parent, watch a movie about the kid dying before the parent, fucking waterworks out the yahoo. 

11 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

What’s done it for me is after i become a parent, watch a movie about the kid dying before the parent, fucking waterworks out the yahoo. 

Ugh, I can't imagine.

Anyhow, like others have said, crying is a perfectly natural response to shitty situations. Took me a long time to learn that one. British parents, dad from up north (it's fucking grim up there) and mom with aspirations of upper middle class status, combined to have that "real men don't cry + stiff upper lip" approach.  Repression of feelings, it's what's for dinner.

• Like 1

I got my fair share of tears in after my last breakup.  It sucks when you lose that ability and can no longer have that release, but still feel like shit.  Been doing pretty good for the most part since December though.

Started reorganizing my music setup some weekend late January to prepare for RPM challenge, instead of a working setup I now have cablesalad and a pile of gear in disarray that I haven't touched since. Go me.

• Farnsworth 1

Just got paid today but I'm pretty sure I got shorted on my paycheck. Boss probably failed to take holiday pay into account again.

I'll be transferring jobs soon anyway, so I'm not sure it's really worth bothering with at this point.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:25 AM, Braintree said:

The city is tearing up the train tracks in front of my building. The jackhammer shakes me whole apartment. This is going to be a long day.

So after drilling and digging all day, they came back at 2am and worked til about 4 or 5am. I am a very tired boy today.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

Yeah that sounds like a serious violation of the city bylaws. Ottawa is bad for it, you can legally start construction at like 6am and go until 10pm. 
Vancouver is the opposite. Like 9-5 on weekdays and 11-3 on weekends. They can be strict about it too. 

That was my first thought. How did they get the permits to run generators (for bright lights) etc. all night? SF has been changing its regulations around a lot because of the pandemic, so I'm guessing they're operating under some "emergency" measure. Although, it's the SFMTA, and they're working on train tracks, so maybe they just have the authority to do that whenever. MUNI (the train/bus system) is written into the city charter after all.

9 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Just got paid today but I'm pretty sure I got shorted on my paycheck. Boss probably failed to take holiday pay into account again.

I'll be transferring jobs soon anyway, so I'm not sure it's really worth bothering with at this point.

Stand up for yourself, brother. If it was an honest mistake it should be easy to fix. If it was deliberate, it certainly calls for action.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, luke viia said:

Stand up for yourself, brother. If it was an honest mistake it should be easy to fix. If it was deliberate, it certainly calls for action.

Honest mistake most likely. Plus I forgot that 401(K) factors in starting this year. Best thing about being a federal employee is the benefits.