IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I have a hangover today even though I haven't touched alcohol in a month.

11 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Small 7-11 coffee is... $5?!?!  WTF.  I realize they serve only the finest artisanal farmer's choice blends, but this is outrageous.

I had a moment of lamentation when I found out that Sheetz has the best coffee in my county.  Even better than the local coffee roastery.  It was a sad day.

the one good anglo used bookstore in the neighbourhood will probably be going out of business because these guys https://www.shillerlavy.com/ decided to apply the "buy a property, hike the rent up, replace independent business with a chain store" shtick they're known for. And during a pandemic year, at that

ourAPPROACH

At Shiller Lavy, each project is an opportunity to create a unique real estate experience. This allows us to transform dreams and concepts into tangible success. We know how to make it happen.

ourVISION

We are convinced that it's possible to build the world the way we see it. By developing a portfolio where creativity drives profitability. Discover our vision that drives each one of our projects.

i mean at the same time i can't really complain about gentrification in good faith here. i moved here as a 22 year old from another province who wanted to live in the cool artist neighbourhood which had already partially displaced the culturally homogenous populations which had lived there for decades. we're all in this together!

Edited by Cryptowen

SFWP: really hurt my lower back at work yesterday. I do a lot of repeat lifting on the job, generally alone and with awkward objects like big slabs of lumber, prehung exterior doors, etc, and I must have gooned it up pretty bad yesterday. Standing, sitting, reclining, laying, it all hurts. I've been trying various new stretches today but with little relief. Even breathing hurts. Goddamn. 

Feeling like i need to join a senior citizen yoga class, lol. I'm 35. 

Probably doesn't help that I've had the same mattress since 2012...

@luke viiai actually would recommend doing yoga. at first it's gonna suck but if you keep at it for a few months it starts to feel really good. And after a while it becomes intuitive - you become much better at pinpointing sore spots & knowing how to address them with 5/10 minutes of stretching, without needing to go through a whole 90 minute class. Overall I'd say yoga's the health-related thing that's had the biggest positive impact on my day to day experience (aside from maybe eating clean/sleeping enough/not doing drugs). Followed by cardio (feels good but it also takes up a lot of energy), and then by weight training (which is good physically & psychologically, but also causes a lot of stiffness. also the novelty of randos treating you like a stereotypical gymbro wears off pretty quick imo)

Spoiler

i'd also suggest sleeping directly on the floor for posture gains, unless like you ever want to have sex again

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Small 7-11 coffee is... $5?!?!  WTF.  I realize they serve only the finest artisanal farmer's choice blends, but this is outrageous.

the small is like 32oz though right?

• Haha 1

It was prob double the size of what would normally be considered a small coffee.  The giant size costs only a little bit more, I just didn't want to be up all night... but if there ever is a next time, I will get the mega-cup or nothing at all.  I used to do that when I had my studio setup downtown, and I'd feel extremely cracked out all night until sunrise.  Fun times.

• Like 1

Went to a pub to meet up with a date, and was stood up.  First time that's ever happened to me.  Still enjoyed my Creepy Unkle Dunkle and some sweet chilli wings, which I would not have bought had she been there.  Also, I was eavesdropping on the old men at the table behind mine.  One was lamenting that he didn't think the health system was capable of caring for him were he to fall sick.  "Remember little Jimmy, or Wendy?  Their last months weren't a pretty sight."  [paraphrasing...]  "I have a shot gun at home, just in case."

Also, I have some weird anger deficiency... like, it's really hard for me to actually get upset with people.  Pretty sure I should have been furious that I was stood up, yet all I could do was enjoy my chicken wings and take in the old man convo.  I get mad at myself for fucking things up, I get made at technology when it doesn't function the way it's supposed to.  But other people?  I guess I just figure they're too far out of my control, and completely unpredictable... or too predictable.  Whichever is more disappointing for any given situation, that's the one I expect.

Oh yeah, and there were some rather baffling items at the bus stop on my way back.  A withered rose, a pile of covid masks, and a ziplock bag with a hypodermic needle inside it.  The universe is telling me I should take up heroin as a substitute for love during the pandemic.  Pretty sure that's the most reasonable metaphor to get from that.

• Like 5

Sounds like a terrible idea, I think it's trying to tell you something about the covid-19 vaccine. Seems you had a good night out being stood up though, nicely done. 

• Like 1

Yeah, as far as being stood up goes, it wasn't bad.  Kind of irritating knowing that I would have made $80 - $100 blasting heavy metal and going on driving missions otherwise.  The chicken wings really were excellent... though not $100 excellent.

I think the fact that things are going pretty good with two of the other ladies made it hard for me to really care.  It's nice being able to rule someone out.  Keeps things simple.  

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Oh yeah, and there were some rather baffling items at the bus stop on my way back.  A withered rose, a pile of covid masks, and a ziplock bag with a hypodermic needle inside it.  The universe is telling me I should take up heroin as a substitute for love during the pandemic.  Pretty sure that's the most reasonable metaphor to get from that.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

Today I started to write an introduction to a quickstart guide with the sentence "This is the quickstart guide to help you get quickly started." I think I need a vacation.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

30 minutes ago, zkom said:

Today I started to write an introduction to a quickstart guide with the sentence "This is the quickstart guide to help you get quickly started." I think I need a vacation.

try using "This is the quickstart guide to help you get a hard on." that'll get your reader base much more engaged

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zero said:

try using "This is the quickstart guide to help you get a hard on." that'll get your reader base much more engaged

Well, if you follow the steps in the first part you will get a vaguely penis like shape pointing upwards.

• Burger 1

Setting up another goddamn covid test. Another mild sore throat, with no other symptoms.  Wish there was a way to skip the lengthy hotline preamble about every protocol.

Setting up another goddamn covid test. Another mild sore throat, with no other symptoms.  Wish there was a way to skip the lengthy hotline preamble about every protocol.

Setting up another goddamn covid test. Another mild sore throat, with no other symptoms.  Wish there was a way to skip the lengthy hotline preamble about every protocol.

The Chinese are now doing the covid tests for foreign travelers up the old bumhole so I might that have that coming.

Is "Anal Probed by the Communists" a good name for a song?

• Like 1