IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

The quiz did not think I had ADD.  But the 45 tabs I have open thought I might.  And my god, why is it so hard to complete even the simplest task without forgetting about it 4 or 5 times first.  What is that if not ADD?

15 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I think I may have ADD, but if I went to a doctor with that, I'm convinced they'd be more than happy to prescribe me something regardless of whether I actually did or not.

Get some amphetamines, what could go wrong?

Picture-35.png

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Good movie.

10 minutes ago, yekker said:

Damn straight.

i'm still mad she lost out on the oscar to julia roberts for erin brockovich.  makes me want to send flowers to ellen burstyn just thinking about it.

Bought a PS5 and the piece of shit isn't outputting correct sound to the centre channel in my surround setup no matter what output settings I choose. Do you like playing story heavy games with no audible dialogue? 

Current gen nightmare.

• Farnsworth 2

It magically started working again after using the Netflix app, must be some sort of software bug.

:cisfor:

Been housebound for 2.5 weeks now with various joint failings below the waist. Am walking with a cane. The bottom half of me is a dull roar of pain, with the odd bout of screaming.

• Sad 6

When I was out in the country we called baby mice "pinkies" and we fed them to the cat, or the chickens of she wasn't around.  Chickens become 10x more entertaining when a mouse has entered the coop.

2 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Been housebound for 2.5 weeks now with various joint failings below the waist. Am walking with a cane. The bottom half of me is a dull roar of pain, with the odd bout of screaming.

aw fuck. that sucks. chronic? or injury? i hope things improve soon. can sympathize w/you. chronic conditions are a huge drag. i have to limit my activities and socializing/engagement often because i just don't have the mental/physical energy to deal w/things beyond my own maladies. it's always a nice feeling when things improve and take a turn for the better. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

aw fuck. that sucks. chronic? or injury? i hope things improve soon. can sympathize w/you. chronic conditions are a huge drag. i have to limit my activities and socializing/engagement often because i just don't have the mental/physical energy to deal w/things beyond my own maladies. it's always a nice feeling when things improve and take a turn for the better. 

thanks man.

Yeah I did something to my tendons in my heel 2 weeks into my 4 week annual leave. A week into that I slept weird, probably so as not to be in pain with the heel (it was so fucking painful and I couldn't put my foot down flat) and fell asleep with my leg twisted in a stress position. Which fucked my knee.

SO then as my heel healed, my knee started to swell like a watermelon. It was like an injury based slow fade in/out on a DAW. When I reached the end of my holiday I had to call in sick. Then as the knee began to heal, the other ankle went, probably from taking all the weight over the last 2 weeks.

Now it's just kinda pinging between each joint in a web of painful fuckery. I do *appear* to be on the mend now though...

Edited by hello spiral
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

thanks man.

Yeah I did something to my tendons in my heel 2 weeks into my 4 week annual leave. A week into that I slept weird, probably so as not to be in pain with the heel (it was so fucking painful and I couldn't put my foot down flat) and fell asleep with my leg twisted in a stress position. Which fucked my knee.

SO then as my heel healed, my knee started to swell like a watermelon. It was like an injury based slow fade in/out on a DAW. When I reached the end of my holiday I had to call in sick. Then as the knee began to heal, the other ankle went, probably from taking all the weight over the last 2 weeks.

Now it's just kinda pinging between each joint in a web of painful fuckery. I do *appear* to be on the mend now though...

oh that's hard! ibuprofen has been part of diet for a while now. just 1 max strength tablet gets it done pretty well. 

i have ankle/achilles issues from injuries long ago and have to manage that w/stretching and keeping things loose. it's worrisome and annoying but doc assures my i'm not in any danger of something bad so long as i do the stretches and work on those thing. 

regardless.. it's fuckn annoying getting older. ice/heat/ibuprofen routine for life it seems. 

The otherwise cool effects of my aloe vera cooling lotion from hawaiian tropic had been diminished cause it's so dam hot these days. Tomorrow I'm leaving it in the fridge all day. 

Edited by ooqpoo
  • Sad 1

apparently may was the dryest may in montreal since like 1913 (which for some reason was insanely lower than any other year by far, so 2021 is the dryest discounting outliers).

i was tanning in a field today & when i got up i was all cover in dead grass like a samsquanch

• Like 1

Managed to lock my keys inside my cabin today... never done that before, even with car keys.  Luckily my friend who owns the property had a spare in an envelope that was even labeled!  Amazing.  I was ready to call the locksmith.  This could go in the FWS thread I suppose, but it's further evidence that my brain is a piece of garbage, so here it will stay.

5 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I had a bad pain near my shoulder blade yesterday. I thought maybe I slept weird but I googled it and google said I have a blocked aorta. Anyway it feels good today.

For fun I sometimes look up some innocent symptom on Google and count how many steps it takes to be told it’s cancer.

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1