IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Not long ago I was seeing a marten on the street at night. At first it ran away immediately but it was curious as well and kept following me from the distance, constantly hiding and reappearing. At some point I crouched on the ground and looked at it and then it came running toward me across the street but at this exact moment a very loud car came around the corner with bright lights and scared it away. I still miss that marten because usually they just fuck off, but this one wanted to play. I wonder how playing with a marten is like... I guess it's a similar kind of interaction as with a shy cat only they are much faster and agile.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Not long ago I was seeing a marten on the street at night. At first it ran away immediately but it was curious as well and kept following me from the distance, constantly hiding and reappearing. At some point I crouched on the ground and looked at it and then it came running toward me across the street but at this exact moment a very loud car came around the corner with bright lights and scared it away. I still miss that marten because usually they just fuck off, but this one wanted to play. I wonder how playing with a marten is like... I guess it's a similar kind of interaction as with a shy cat only they are much faster and agile.

Steve-martin-40971.jpg

?

• Burger 1

18 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

i knew someone once who found out on google that they had cancer just because they were born in early july. wild stuff

Cancer may be a by-product of academic medicine. It just shows how powerful academic medicine can be, in both ways. There are other medicinal systems as well, that fix problems in other dream realities than this one. These other systems also have their own kind of illnesses that may or may not be treated in this reality through academic medicine. When treating sicknesses in the normal reality, doctors can cause all sorts of other problems, without (consciously) knowing, elsewhere. I'm not even talking about medical mistakes, I'm talking about their energies that they can transmit into the more dream like undercurrents of the patients consciousness (or subconsciousness, or superconsciousness). Most do not understand these other plains of existence, they only know this normal reality (they learned from books and teachers and trust their eyes and memory and often have absolute faith in their skill, because they are certified), unaware that changes here can cause changes there, and vice versa. It is very hard to distinguish where one reality ends and another begins. It is even harder to influence it intentionally. These other plains of existence are only truly known and navigable by people who have lived there for some time & experienced them consciously, and sometimes can only be entered through great effort and a certain state of mind. Every person has their own way to reach this state of mind. Other medicinal systems than the academic one may focus more on the non-normal realities, while academic medicine is stuck in the normal reality. Experts of other equally valid medicinal systems can enter these other plains of existence and influence them in various ways, but they can also cause all sorts of problems, without knowing. These other medicinal systems are the reason why we as humanity can exist today, and have lasted for thousands of years (but time can be a different thing there than it is here). Unfortunately a lot of the knowers have been killed, enslaved or weren't able to transmit their knowledge to another generation due to persecution and war. Every system has it's own problems, and every system has it's own ways to solve those problems. The academic system has many problems, and while they may be solved with other medicinal systems, there are also some problems that may not be solved in this reality through the use of these systems, or only with great difficulty. If someone is sick in this reality (like cancer) it is possible that they are sick in a different reality as well (like their dream reality). People who have lived long enough in a certain way may have seen all sorts of things. They can tell you about the nature of consciousness and how it operates. They will tell you that we are spirits in a dream. They will tell you that we exist in many other plains of existence, and that the common consensus of this normal reality is a very limited and often distorted view of the whole picture. These other plains of existence exist semi-independently of this normal reality, but they can have an influence on it, and we can have an influence on them, they are in our dreams. This is why it is possible to do things that can't be explained by the common consensus of this normal reality. In my opinion, these other plains of existence are not less real than this normal reality, they are just as real, but they operate according to different rules. If you can dream up something in your mind, that doesn't mean it is less real than something you perceive with your eyes. It just means that your consciousness operates on a different plane of existence than the one you are operating on right now. A lot of people, who understand this, may have problems with normal reality, because they can see the world in a different way. They may have been told that their ideas and feelings are wrong, and that the common consensus is right. They may be afraid of the judgement of others, they may not want to be ridiculed or rejected by society, or they may not be able to live according to their own conscience. They may try to conform to society and suppress their own ideas and feelings, but this has a great cost for them. They may feel like they are living a lie. This is a sad thing to have to go through, but it is not the fault of these people. It is the fault of society. Society should be accepting of different views, instead of forcing everyone to conform to one view. The more people are able to freely follow their own conscience, the more healthy society will be. If you can't follow your own conscience, you will feel like you are trapped inside a body that doesn't belong to you, and this can cause a lot of mental suffering. The only way to deal with this suffering is by letting go of the need for acceptance and approval from others, and not allow yourself to be defined by anything other than your own conscience. No one should be able to tell you what to think or how to feel. If you have a different view than the common consensus, it doesn't mean that you are wrong, it just means that you have a different view. It is possible that your view is more right than the common consensus, but this is something only you can know, not anyone else. This is why the acceptance of different views is so important. The more people are able to be themselves and be accepted for who they are, the healthier society will be.

• Like 1

Stupid First World Problem: I texted with a woman on Tinder who looked really hot and smart and it went comparatively well but out of an impulse I "unmatched" her to try out self-sabotage and then realised that self-sabotage is a really dumb thing to do, but I'm smarter now

"I still don't know what I did to make you not want me. This is the most difficult thing for me to understand. What I felt was real and it was mutual. Did I do something that made you realise you didn't want me? Did I say something that made you realise you didn't want me? Did I seem too nice? Too desperate? Too humble? Too willing to compromise and play second fiddle? Too willing to be your best friend first, in case we didn't work out as lovers? Too much like a girlfriend already, even though we had only met three times and talked on the phone once before this happened?

I don't know. But it makes no sense to me, because what I felt was real and it was mutual. It had just started, so we hadn't had time to build up the kind of emotional baggage... " etc. pp.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

Cancer may be a by-product of academic medicine. It just shows how powerful academic medicine can be, in both ways. There are other medicinal systems as well, that fix problems in other dream realities than this one. These other systems also have their own kind of illnesses that may or may not be treated in this reality through academic medicine. When treating sicknesses in the normal reality, doctors can cause all sorts of other problems, without (consciously) knowing, elsewhere. I'm not even talking about medical mistakes, I'm talking about their energies that they can transmit into the more dream like undercurrents of the patients consciousness (or subconsciousness, or superconsciousness). Most do not understand these other plains of existence, they only know this normal reality (they learned from books and teachers and trust their eyes and memory and often have absolute faith in their skill, because they are certified), unaware that changes here can cause changes there, and vice versa. It is very hard to distinguish where one reality ends and another begins. It is even harder to influence it intentionally. These other plains of existence are only truly known and navigable by people who have lived there for some time & experienced them consciously, and sometimes can only be entered through great effort and a certain state of mind. Every person has their own way to reach this state of mind. Other medicinal systems than the academic one may focus more on the non-normal realities, while academic medicine is stuck in the normal reality. Experts of other equally valid medicinal systems can enter these other plains of existence and influence them in various ways, but they can also cause all sorts of problems, without knowing. These other medicinal systems are the reason why we as humanity can exist today, and have lasted for thousands of years (but time can be a different thing there than it is here). Unfortunately a lot of the knowers have been killed, enslaved or weren't able to transmit their knowledge to another generation due to persecution and war. Every system has it's own problems, and every system has it's own ways to solve those problems. The academic system has many problems, and while they may be solved with other medicinal systems, there are also some problems that may not be solved in this reality through the use of these systems, or only with great difficulty. If someone is sick in this reality (like cancer) it is possible that they are sick in a different reality as well (like their dream reality). People who have lived long enough in a certain way may have seen all sorts of things. They can tell you about the nature of consciousness and how it operates. They will tell you that we are spirits in a dream. They will tell you that we exist in many other plains of existence, and that the common consensus of this normal reality is a very limited and often distorted view of the whole picture. These other plains of existence exist semi-independently of this normal reality, but they can have an influence on it, and we can have an influence on them, they are in our dreams. This is why it is possible to do things that can't be explained by the common consensus of this normal reality. In my opinion, these other plains of existence are not less real than this normal reality, they are just as real, but they operate according to different rules. If you can dream up something in your mind, that doesn't mean it is less real than something you perceive with your eyes. It just means that your consciousness operates on a different plane of existence than the one you are operating on right now. A lot of people, who understand this, may have problems with normal reality, because they can see the world in a different way. They may have been told that their ideas and feelings are wrong, and that the common consensus is right. They may be afraid of the judgement of others, they may not want to be ridiculed or rejected by society, or they may not be able to live according to their own conscience. They may try to conform to society and suppress their own ideas and feelings, but this has a great cost for them. They may feel like they are living a lie. This is a sad thing to have to go through, but it is not the fault of these people. It is the fault of society. Society should be accepting of different views, instead of forcing everyone to conform to one view. The more people are able to freely follow their own conscience, the more healthy society will be. If you can't follow your own conscience, you will feel like you are trapped inside a body that doesn't belong to you, and this can cause a lot of mental suffering. The only way to deal with this suffering is by letting go of the need for acceptance and approval from others, and not allow yourself to be defined by anything other than your own conscience. No one should be able to tell you what to think or how to feel. If you have a different view than the common consensus, it doesn't mean that you are wrong, it just means that you have a different view. It is possible that your view is more right than the common consensus, but this is something only you can know, not anyone else. This is why the acceptance of different views is so important. The more people are able to be themselves and be accepted for who they are, the healthier society will be.

d8qrnIS.gif

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

here i was at my friend dingformung's house. he had just offered me one of his delicious homemade raw vegan calzones. i go to take a bite, and much to my surprise this gigantic ass watmm post about cancer pops out

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Burger 1

I can't stop fantasizing about liquidating my assets, quitting my taxing corporate job and buying farmland in the dry jungles/hills of Mexico somewhat close to the Ocean. 

Year-round growing season for food, everything is cheap AF, can have a pool in the yard, can be waaay more sustainable food/farming/permaculture wise... all of these things sound great. 

All I wanna do is chill and become slightly more 3rd world... that's my 1st world problemo du jour, my hombres

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Audioblysk said:

I can't stop fantasizing about liquidating my assets, quitting my taxing corporate job and buying farmland in the dry jungles/hills of Mexico somewhat close to the Ocean. 

Year-round growing season for food, everything is cheap AF, can have a pool in the yard, can be waaay more sustainable food/farming/permaculture wise... all of these things sound great. 

All I wanna do is chill and become slightly more 3rd world... that's my 1st world problemo du jour, my hombres

i have friends who did this.. drove around USA pulling an airstream for like a year then bought and old farm for a tiny sum. you don't have to go to mexico to find cheap land w/good farming.

foreigners owning land in mexico is sometimes a weird thing to do... legally.. they have some property laws specifically to prevent it in some cases. at least they did for a long time. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i have friends who did this.. drove around USA pulling an airstream for like a year then bought and old farm for a tiny sum. you don't have to go to mexico to find cheap land w/good farming.

foreigners owning land in mexico is sometimes a weird thing to do... legally.. they have some property laws specifically to prevent it in some cases. at least they did for a long time. 

RE: Buying farm in Bumfuck USA -- I want that specific microclimate and seasonal photoperiod(s) in the area I described. I know my farm'n well n' good, sir. Also, as much as I don't really love the government of Mexico, I'm super tired of living here.

Foreigners owning land not as weird and difficult as it used to be, especially in more agricultural spots. I know a few folks who have properties down there. IDK how it works, but there are ways about it, especially if it isn't in the super in-vogue tourist spots/cities. 

Just go with me on this man. I don't need reality on this one. ?

Edited by Audioblysk
  • Like 1

Cooked tiger prawns in butter/garlic last night and the odour has permeated my cabin's interior, despite sleeping with the door open.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Audioblysk said:

RE: Buying farm in Bumfuck USA -- I want that specific microclimate and seasonal photoperiod(s) in the area I described. I know my farm'n well n' good, sir. Also, as much as I don't really love the government of Mexico, I'm super tired of living here.

Foreigners owning land not as weird and difficult as it used to be, especially in more agricultural spots. I know a few folks who have properties down there. IDK how it works, but there are ways about it, especially if it isn't in the super in-vogue tourist spots/cities. 

Just go with me on this man. I don't need reality on this one. ?

oh i hear ya.. wasn't trying to talk you down or spoil the day dream.  for some reason i can't help but confess what i know sometimes.  i saw some investigative report a few years back.. maybe 5 or 10 years actually.. about the dubious situation of americans leaving usa and going down to mexico and buying a beach house or whatever and the legal grey areas for property ownership. 

i too like mexico and mexican people/culture. when i lived in san diego i liked going to tijuana away from the tourist areas because they'd have great art and events for locals. MUTEK did some events in mexico that were awesome and so much better than san diego. i have a friend who goes down to a backwater beach town down there for months every year and hangs out w/mexican techno people and sets up sound systems and has beach parties. sounds like a special kind of heaven. 

anyway.. it's not so impossible to change your life and find something new. it's a risk and a challenge but people do it... no reason you can't when the time is right. 

• Like 1