IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

11 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

I'm still kind of terrible at Mario Kart 64, to this day.

rainbow road is your friend:)

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

I wanna make a cool post but can't come up with anything

• Be prepared: practice, practice, practice.
  • Limit caffeine and sugar intake the day of the performance. Eat a sensible meal a few hours before you are to perform so that you have energy and don't get hungry. A low-fat meal including complex carbohydrates -- whole-grain pasta, lentil soup, yogurt, or a bean and rice burrito -- is a good choice.
  • Shift the focus off of yourself and your fear to the enjoyment you are providing to the spectators. Close your eyes and imagine the audience laughing and cheering, and you feeling good.
  • Don't focus on what could go wrong. Instead focus on the positive. Visualize your success.
  • Avoid thoughts that produce self-doubt.
  • Practice controlled breathing, meditation, biofeedback, and other strategies to help you relax and redirect your thoughts when they turn negative. It is best to practice some type of relaxation technique every day, regardless of whether you have a performance, so that the skill is there for you when you need it.
  • Take a walk, jump up and down, shake out your muscles, or do whatever feels right to ease your anxious feelings before the performance.
  • Connect with your audience -- smile, make eye contact, and think of them as friends.
  • Act natural and be yourself.
  • Exercise, eat a healthy diet, get adequate sleep, and live a healthy lifestyle.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

I was outdoors for a long time. I did some sort of Marathon with my bike, I drove many many kilometres in all sorts of places of the city I usually don't go because they are a bit far away and had lots of interactions with people and saw interesting scenes, but I missed out on connecting to people I would fuck or make love to, mostly because I was distracted, and the main objective should always be the sex, I think, and I didn't really try hard to get some sex, which is important for mental and physical health, and spiritual growth and I really wanted to fuck someone but I was also kind of tired and self-absorbed and didn't really want to get to know new people. My social life is kind of crippled and I'm a bit of a social cripple at this point and prefer indulging in my own ideas rather than trying to fuck people (I guess I should try harder in order to grow spiritually). I'm not sure if I will try to do it again, but I think I will, because I think it's a very good idea.

I wasted a lot of time on some guy who sold me a pack of cigarettes and talked about techno music. I told him about my Bread Bar idea but he said he would kill a pig for Salami (he didn't even know that proper Salami is made from horses or donkeys). Also, the deal with the cigarettes was only mediocre. Cheaper than from the electronic automaton but still not cheap at all and I traded a beer (which was part of the deal) which I maybe would have rather drunk since these industrial cigarettes that you don't roll yourself burn away so quickly. I saw a bunch of cats and martens, which was cool, but since I was on a bike I mostly scared them away. The music I listened to was really good though and it was a freeing feeling to ride the bike through all these passages between houses and drinking and smoking while riding the bike was a good combo. I saw many beautiful people. One girl in particular looked very good (Asian type and she seemed to like me but I really didn't have anything to say, so we just looked at each other for a short while but at least I didn't yell "booba" this time) , which passes as a success.

I tried to sell some magazines I found earlier to people but they didn't have any Deutschmarks so I gave it to them as a present.

I took some photos but then my phone was having glitches and I couldn't update my Instagram account which was a real disaster because I looked better than usual in the green neon light.

It all felt kind of dream like, and even though I had one longer and some shorter interactions with random pedestrians I felt disconnected from the things that were happening around me, even though I'm aware that existence as such is a profound thing. Weird, how something so profound can seem so mundane sometimes. I was slightly less entertained than I think I could have, had I invested some more action and initiative but I'm living in a kind of deserted city right now (must be the Covid thing).

I have to keep on trying, though. There is a lot of stuff I want to do. I want to go to a sex club, I want to go to the gym, I want to go to the city and meet people, I want to meet some new friends, I want to write some music, I want to learn a new language. And so on, but I was a bit too tired this evening, I guess, and kind of absorbed with my own ideas and also people scare me on some level, especially since reality isn't really what I thought it is. I'm very unsure about how things work and therefore it's a bit more difficult for me to navigate the world than it used to be, but I collected some XP (Xperience Points) - it's all a game after all (while it probably really isn't).

I want to be able to be more present and more aware of what's going on around me. I want to be able to connect with people. I want to be able to express myself in a way that is not only acceptable but also interesting. I want to be able to have lots of sex. I want to be able to enjoy life.

I want to be able to do something that makes me feel good and not thinking about killing myself with a bolt gun everyday (which I probably would never really do).

Then there were these random memories of a dream I had in my mind, about a mature baby with a deep male voice in a cellar, it was kind of unsettling, but in a subtle way.

I had a lot of fun, though, and I'm glad I did it.

I'm a bit tired now so I'm going to go to bed now, hoping to wake up into some different more real sort of dream.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'm not trying to overanalyze anything but I've got a feeling the dinger is extra horny these days.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

I was walking home through a courtyard where children from a daycare were playing and one of them shouted something I couldn't hear and pointed at me and the rest of them also turned to stare at me with their mouths open. I have no idea what's going on.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, zkom said:

I was walking home through a courtyard where children from a daycare were playing and one of them shouted something I couldn't hear and pointed at me and the rest of them also turned to stare at me with their mouths open. I have no idea what's going on.

LOOOL holy shit it's WATMM user zkom!!!

The one thing that makes you 30 times more likely to laugh - BBC News

3 hours ago, Silent Member said:

I'm not trying to overanalyze anything but I've got a feeling the dinger is extra horny these days.

only a matter of time before he starts masturbating in public.

@dingformung DO NOT start jerking off behind trees as you ogle women you're thinking about fucking. I mean the German prison system is probably ok and all compared to the U.S., but still... 

• Haha 2

For some reason all of my friends have simultaneously stopped talking to me or become inaccessible right when I really can't be alone.  I don't understand why this doesn't happen to anyone else.  Most people seem to love solitude and make it through life without any difficulty, but I get stuck on the simplest things.  I can't focus on any distractions, they all feel shallow and pointless.  I've spent most of my week in bed, either sleeping or dwelling on my anxieties, with something in front of my face that I barely notice, vainly trying to convince myself that I'm calm.  I've been unbearably impatient and pissed off at everything and everyone, and the world only appears evil and sadistic.  The things that make other people happy look like spiteful mockeries.  The people who pretend to care about real problems are only trying to impress people so they can enjoy the same base pleasures without the underlying guilt.  How people can be so content with superficial comforts in this dimension of sorrow completely puzzles me.  One would have to be either profoundly stupid or despicably callous.  Or maybe there's a big secret to life that everyone knows but me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Anyone here into  paintings  drawings etc? That can tell me if there is been any art of that category released as of late that will probably be remembered in the future? Or is heavenly respected in that world.  I feel like whenever people talk about that kind of stuff they always talk about guys that are long dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

For some reason all of my friends have simultaneously stopped talking to me or become inaccessible right when I really can't be alone.  I don't understand why this doesn't happen to anyone else.  Most people seem to love solitude and make it through life without any difficulty, but I get stuck on the simplest things.  I can't focus on any distractions, they all feel shallow and pointless.  I've spent most of my week in bed, either sleeping or dwelling on my anxieties, with something in front of my face that I barely notice, vainly trying to convince myself that I'm calm.  I've been unbearably impatient and pissed off at everything and everyone, and the world only appears evil and sadistic.  The things that make other people happy look like spiteful mockeries.  The people who pretend to care about real problems are only trying to impress people so they can enjoy the same base pleasures without the underlying guilt.  How people can be so content with superficial comforts in this dimension of sorrow completely puzzles me.  One would have to be either profoundly stupid or despicably callous.  Or maybe there's a big secret to life that everyone knows but me.

if you're being serious about some of this stuff, have you considered talking to someone IRL outside your circle of friends about what you're feeling/experiencing? talking through things does help. if you're friends aren't an option as an outlet, then perhaps a counsellor/psychologist?

I've been thinking about doing this again myself lately. been a long time since I went to talk to someone about stuff like that, and I do remember it brought some temporary relief. it was for social anxiety issues I was experiencing back in my early 20's.

1 hour ago, zero said:

if you're being serious about some of this stuff, have you considered talking to someone IRL outside your circle of friends about what you're feeling/experiencing? talking through things does help. if you're friends aren't an option as an outlet, then perhaps a counsellor/psychologist?

I've been thinking about doing this again myself lately. been a long time since I went to talk to someone about stuff like that, and I do remember it brought some temporary relief. it was for social anxiety issues I was experiencing back in my early 20's.

Nah, I don't think it's my problem I think it's society's problem.  We shouldn't be living in such an isolated way and I know I'm not the only one who's been left behind.  We just need to wait for the current iteration of human civilization to blow up into something else.  Until then, my problems are going to persist and I just have to deal with it.

Also, I've realized that a very effective way to deal with despair is by drinking a small amount of alcohol.  The mistake I made before was drinking and then drinking more and more, which actually produces the opposite of the desired effect.  But if I just drink half a beer and then stop for a while it keeps me at just the right state, where I'm happy and yet I'm still mentally aware and capable of doing most things (obviously not driving).

2 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Nah, I don't think it's my problem I think it's society's problem.  We shouldn't be living in such an isolated way and I know I'm not the only one who's been left behind.  We just need to wait for the current iteration of human civilization to blow up into something else.  Until then, my problems are going to persist and I just have to deal with it.

Ok cool. sometimes hard to read people's intentions on here, so wasn't sure if you were struggling or not.

and as far as it being society's fault and not your own for whatever you're dealing with - biggest issue I have to deal with on a professional level is personal accountability. no one ever wants to own up to fuck ups. most folks always try and push anything not going smoothly onto someone or something else. I am usually the guy that has to step in and own problems not of my own making. that shit is not always easy. it requires some definite game plan knowledge, and I really wish I had a better way to convey this skill on my resume so I could get a better job.

anyway, whatever happens happens. it's all good. none of this shit matters man. fuck it.

I'm just having a hard time accepting my role.  It's become clear at this point that I have to be a loner.  I don't want it, but that's just who I have to be.  At the moment I'm fighting against it and it's only making things harder.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I'm just having a hard time accepting my role.  It's become clear at this point that I have to be a loner.  I don't want it, but that's just who I have to be.  At the moment I'm fighting against it and it's only making things harder.

I´m a loner too and I embrace it. I tried to have a relationship, but even tho she loved me despite my personality, I simply could not feel "okay". I need to feel free to love and feel love. And people start to appreciate that sincerity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, logakght said:

I´m a loner too and I embrace it. I tried to have a relationship, but even tho she loved me despite my personality, I simply could not feel "okay". I need to feel free to love and feel love. And people start to appreciate that sincerity

Yeah, my problem is I can only fall in love with people I can't possibly have in a romantic way.  But I'm currently dating someone who I don't love and can't love.  Romance is a tasteless joke.