IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

morons have started using their chimneys again, which has inflamed my sinuses and left me a bit of a mess. I hope all their chimney stacks block up and their fking houses fill with the noxious toxic smoke. I mean it's only 16*C at half past midnight for hells sake, it's not like they are going to freeze to death. cnts

I googled my watmm username and there's some dipshit on reddit going as "baph" now, and that dipshit is not me.

How do I change my watmmname?

Also, what the shit is this:

this is even more egregious:

https://soundcloud.com/dreamcast/dreamcast-ft-baph-mc-perfect

FUCK THIS SHIT

I BET THESE PEOPLE AREN"T EVEN MEMBERS OF THE BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF PAPER HISTORIANS

Edited by baph

went to record store today. i don't buy vinyl anymore cause it doesn't get listened to. went in, saw all this shit, reissued stuff i NEED, right. but i controlled myself and left with no vinyl.

I miss buying things from record stores. But I like still having the money that would have gone there otherwise.

FWP - it just dawned on me that I need someone to look after my cat for a week when i go on vacation. It needs to be a special someone who's okay with poo handling.

I miss buying things from record stores. But I like still having the money that would have gone there otherwise.

FWP - it just dawned on me that I need someone to look after my cat for a week when i go on vacation. It needs to be a special someone who's okay with poo handling.

This last line reads like a personals ad.

This last line reads like a personals ad.
What kinds of personals ads are you reading Mdme Chaqos?

Had my first experience today with Windows 8 on my office's conference room PC.

All I needed to do was browse a network folder containing 80 or so photos (jpgs) for a project, and maybe view a couple of them. Easy rite?

Nope.

Login - enter my network credentials, no problem. Since I'm a new user of the machine, Windows 8 then spends the next 15 minutes "updating my apps" (wtf?) & other shit, meanwhile telling me 18 different ways that it'll be "just a sec."

Finally started up. Find desktop, windows explorer, and browse to network folder. This part actually goes quite smoothy. Color me surprised.

Try switching the folder view to preview the photos, which you'd expect might take a couple of seconds. Nope, you'd think I was asking it to compute pi. Slow as molasses. Try to scroll and it refreshes constantly. Fucking progress bar in the address seems to be on an infinite loop.

Try opening/viewing one of the pictures by double-click. Nope. DONT HAVE AN APP TO VIEW A JPG.

Try again, this time photo loads fullscreen on monitor. Ok.

Hit return or spacebar or something in hopes of advancing to next photo... nope. Now I have a dark blank screen and Windows 8 is telling me there are no photos in my "library." Yeah no shit. At this point I'm stuck. No Esc key, button, or anything to get out. Have to ctrl-alt-delete to kill it in task manager.

Thankfully it was just an internal meeting but seriously what business in their right mind would bother with this shit?

yep it is a fucking disaster, if you want to to be a company that provides a phone OS as well as a desktop/laptop/doing actual multitasking OS. Well write two different OS'. What you don't do is say "well the phone/tablet OS is newer so therefore must be better, and besides we don't want our poor weak minded users to have cross platform mental breakdowns, so lets just use the infinitely less useful, paired down visual language of the mobile OS as the interface for those users stuck on those old, crusty, uncool workhorse machines. That'll microzazz up their day, they'll be lining up to shake our hands with wads of money."

I mean opening a photo up in fullscreen, or even more amazingly fucking horrible, the calculator, in full screen!! What the hell if i'm looking at my bank statement or something, where's that gone motherfuckers. There are of course ways of uncoupling yourself from the hell that is that interface. First thing to do is install classic shell, you'll be the hero of the office (well if IT doesn't have some bollocks security anurism over it because it's not a unit in their microsoft engineer training derploma or something, heh, they like to think they're smart but to me they're all just office workers which to me fits under the header of fart arsing self aggrandising bludgernators, at least they're not business graduates i spose, or -shudder- admin).

nwae

Eaten alive by mosquitos.

My band name got taken by an another band on bandcamp one month before I attempt to register the name. This is so fucking typical. Now we're back to the tedious process of thinking up dumb names until we can settle on one everyone can live with. And all this the day I finish mixing our album. I bet the album art will be done before we have a goddamn name. Also, this album's kept me preoccupied on and off the last four years. I need something new to obsess over.

Eaten alive by mosquitos.

My band name got taken by an another band on bandcamp one month before I attempt to register the name. This is so fucking typical. Now we're back to the tedious process of thinking up dumb names until we can settle on one everyone can live with. And all this the day I finish mixing our album. I bet the album art will be done before we have a goddamn name. Also, this album's kept me preoccupied on and off the last four years. I need something new to obsess over.

flol these guys? https://www.facebook.com/SpeakDayton

Huh. No, it's a band from Italy. I didn't come across that facebook page back when I was doing my internet searching to see if the name was taken. This makes me feel a bit better about the bandcamp url theft. Unfortunately I have this malady of the brain where I can only think of joke band names.

I bought new headphones (AIAIAI TMA-1x), which sound amazing, but aren't as comfortable as I'd like them to be.

One week later, I found a pair of Audio Technica canalphones on the side of the road. I replaced the tips with ones from my previous canalphones and they sound great (not as good as the AIAIAIs, but better for certain circumstances).

And after all this, I *still* want to buy a pair of SOL Republic Master Tracks that I saw for $100 (RRP here is $279) even though they don't sound anywhere near as good as the above two pairs, but are extremely comfortable. FUCK

I bought Shure SRH440 headphones a few months ago, and already one of the speakers has blown. Luckily they're still under warranty, but I have no idea what to get as replacements. They were both comfortable and great sounding... but apparently quite poorly built.

i had a set of shure earphones last year, cost me about 170 quid, i thought id try something other than sennheiser for once, they sounded great for a week, then a month later they started farting. then the pads fell off. so i bunged them in a cupboard and forgot to get them fixed, no idea where the receipt is. fuck shure.

yeah headphones don't seem to last very long for me, for some reason. I don't treat them badly or anything. It'll be interesting to see how long the AIAIAIs last. The Audio Technicas have a replaceable cable, which is fucking great. That's another reason why I want the SOL Republic ones; they're entirely modular, right down to the headband. Alas, the AIAIAIs seem pretty durable so I'll stick with them.

Edited by modey

I've had a similar deal with the Sennheiser PX-100IIs (?). pretty good for a lightweight portable pair, quite enjoyed them, but they broke down like clockwork. one ear always died suddenly after 6 months. I've gone through 3 pairs.