IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

-My school semester went bad. The shit part is that it was bad cuz I didn't wanted to study, so I don't have great grades and shit. But I assume all responsibility. BUT, because of some team mates, it got worst (they not doing their work, therefore I had to do it).

That's just the worst. I'm in a course right now where more than half of my grade is in the hands of other classmates. We have two group assignments (really in-depth analysis of the architecture of a piece of hardware, yadda yadda). First of all, 10 people for a group assignment of this kind is WAY too many people. Second, we all get the same grade. The teacher will ask random questions about our work to anyone in the group, and if he fails, we all fail. So I might study my ass off but get a shitty grade cause some asswipe didn't study. Awful stuff, but a valuable real-life lesson I guess

Yah, I know. I mean, why the fuck teachers still believe in "team work"? Fuck.

Getting married next year, the missus' family is split by numerous feuds - parents separated, dad used to be a twat but is good now but mom's family hate him, dad's new family is totally blameless but might feel awkward, stepdad is an all-round miserable cunt who might start a fight for no reason, step-uncle is generally very nice but hates dad, stepdad and randomly hates a great uncle too, grandad is nice but might say something racist, several drug addicts on mom's side who might turn up off their tits on smack or just steal things

So do we painstakingly pick-and-choose who to invite, to avoid bad feeling? Or just say fuck it, invite them all and just let them get on with it?

PS you're all invited WATMM

oh gawd, i feel your pain! in the same boat here with similar stuff.. part of why i have a mental blocakde thinking about weddings [:

My goddamned speakers are demonstrating serious hum, and I can't afford a new cable (pretty sure the jack is fucked on one of the cables, either that or the shielding is fucked). Woe is me, woe is me.

One of my old high school friends--who, it turns out, is a creationist--is talking about possibly giving her kid antibiotics.

I really want to jump into the thread and say something about having her cake and eating it too with science.

Oh god, so tempting.

Getting married next year, the missus' family is split by numerous feuds - parents separated, dad used to be a twat but is good now but mom's family hate him, dad's new family is totally blameless but might feel awkward, stepdad is an all-round miserable cunt who might start a fight for no reason, step-uncle is generally very nice but hates dad, stepdad and randomly hates a great uncle too, grandad is nice but might say something racist, several drug addicts on mom's side who might turn up off their tits on smack or just steal things

So do we painstakingly pick-and-choose who to invite, to avoid bad feeling? Or just say fuck it, invite them all and just let them get on with it?

PS you're all invited WATMM

oh gawd, i feel your pain! in the same boat here with similar stuff.. part of why i have a mental blocakde thinking about weddings [:

i don't know if you meant to quote me here, but the palava of it is enough to put off any sane person with complex family issues.

seriously though guys just fly to Vegas and get married in a chapel by Elvis, dressed as a Goodfella and a Showgirl.

Guest jasondonervan

Just before a week away from the office, I was asked to book the Christmas lunch for the team. I did this, dropped a mail to my boss with all the info for our booking at a well renowned relatively local (to the office) pub and that was that.

Came back in the office today to be told "We invited 18 people from another team, so the booking was too big for the pub. So we're now going to an 'all you can eat' mega restaurant right in the centre of town instead, which is a complete arse to get to and from and means several people can't drink now."

:catrage:

I ordered LFO Frequencies 3 weeks ago on a big french store website and they just told me TODAY that it was out of stock.
Already happened with a Battles EP last year.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR DATABASES UP TO DATE FOLKS !

One of my old high school friends--who, it turns out, is a creationist--is talking about possibly giving her kid antibiotics.

I really want to jump into the thread and say something about having her cake and eating it too with science.

Oh god, so tempting.

limpy plz.

why doesn't baph post anymore?

I accidentally the whole watmm

Edit: actually, trying to change course career-wise for health and sanity and financial and familial reasons and don't know what to talk about really, it's all a bit overwhelming tbqhimobrb, just want to hug my poop cat and sleep for a while

Edited by baph

request denied. you will be called as such when/if it will seem appropriate in the future as free speech outweighs personal quibbles.

Ah yes, free speech.

Free speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you want with zero consequences. You're welcome to call me a fag if you want, of course, because free speech. But if you call me a fag again and I report you, you can't say 'he violated my free speech.'

So do your thing, but please don't call me a fag again.

why can't i say that? that's exactly what you would be doing if you report me for it - appealing to higher authority to censor my free speech because you feel hurt by it.

Once again...no-one's censoring you.