IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Technically, yes.

Edit: ok off phone and on comp now so I can be arsed to type it out.

I got out of work an hour later than I would've liked and decided to go for a walk and few beers down to Baker Street station before getting the train home.

My usual route takes me down an alley next to Warren Street station and past some basketball courts. I stopped at the courts to open a bottle of beer and put the cap in the bin. There was a large group of teenagers in their babygro tracksuits all generally spazzing about and aciting tough nearby. whatevs, I don't normally take much notice of stuff like that or let it intimidate me.

As I turn round I get dazzled.

I look up and there's one guy off to the side of them all with his hood up and pointing a purple laser pointer at me.

I pulled a gimp/belm face at him, called him a prick, and carried on with my walk.

It was only as I got further down the road that I realised I was pretty dazzled and looked up purple laser pointers on my phone, turns out they're pretty dangerous.

Called the police and gave my best description and location. I woulda liked to've gone back there and taken it off the cunt and maybe given him a slap too. But not with 15-20 of his mates standing next to him. I'm not stupid.

Bonus after that was of course getting very neurotic about my vision all the way home, still doing it now lol.

Edited by hello spiral

I have to watch a series of videos to get my Level 1 certification in FIRST method Flexography, and HOLY FUCK are they boring... On top of that the guy narrating the videos is absolutely torture to listen to. He makes awkward pauses, occasionally stutters, and just has a generally awkward tone to how he says things. It's pretty obvious he's reading it all off of some sheet... I can't fast forward through them either because they are part of a module program. I can pause them and read the slides myself on occasion but that doesn't make them any less tedious.

Ugh, dear lord give me the strength. A huge part of my grade relies on me finishing these damn videos.

Technically, yes.

I got out of work an hour later than I would've liked and decided to go for a walk and few beers down to Baker Street station before getting the train home.

My usual route takes me down an alley next to Warren Street station and past some basketball courts. I stopped at the courts to open a bottle of beer and put the cap in the bin. There was a large group of teenagers in their babygro tracksuits all generally spazzing about and aciting tough nearby. whatevs, I don't normally take much notice of stuff like that or let it intimidate me.

I look up and there's one guy off to the side of them all with his hood up and pointing a purple laser pointer at me.

I pulled a gimp/belm face at him, called him a prick, and carried on with my walk.

It was only as I got further down the road that I realised I was pretty dazzled and looked up purple laser pointers on my phone, turns out they're pretty dangerous.

Called the police and gave my best description and location. I woulda liked to've gone back there and taken it off the cunt and maybe given him a slap too. But not with 15-20 of his mates standing next to him. I'm not stupid.

Bonus after that was of course getting very neurotic about my vision all the way home, still doing it now lol.

shit man I hope you turn out to be alright? No lasting damage I hope.

what a douchenozzle that guy was

Technically, yes.

shit man I hope you turn out to be alright? No lasting damage I hope.

what a douchenozzle that guy was

Yeah he sounds like some chav cunt. Maybe karma will get him back one day.

Must be UV judging by the color. Hope you didn't get any permanent retinal damage.

Used to feel a lot more insecure about being overweight, but now I just see slimming down as a motive for clothes to fit better and live longer overall.

That's where I'm at with it.

Need to get my heart healthy, losing some weight is a good part of that.

I've been working out daily now which makes me feel a lot better. I've not lost much weight but I'm down about 2.5% body fat. Blood pressure is coming down a lot.

Good luck man! The holiday season is tough, so many treats and good eats.

Thx, you too Steve-O

Think I might be shedding some weight already. Slowly but surely.

Forgot to lock the flat front door last night, woken up early this morning by some fucking hammered dude stumbling in to my hallway, took off his trousers and shoes, then er, just stood on the spot? GF and I got dressed to check it out, he seemed very confused when we told him to fuck off. Had to move his clothes out the front door, thankfully came out without resistance. This apparently didn't deter him though, he stood outside for another 15 mins and kept knocking on the door. Didn't seem worth caling the police or causing a scene since he wasn't violent. When we eventually left for work, found a nice piss stain next to the door. Doubt he'll remember or apologise, but hey ho. I think he lives in the building so I'm hoping to cross paths, but if he doesn't remember, not sure how to start that conversation :cerious:

Years ago me and my flatmate found some random woman sleeping in my bed, the front door had been left unlocked. She was very confused and disoriented, and scared, was convinced we had broke into her flat. Think she was on acid, took about half an hour to calm her down and get her back outside and back into the correct apartment. Very strange experience.

step one - get a bike. ;)

Nah but for reals, you just gotta prioritise things. I mean with the bus this afternoon, that's just a cunty bus driver.

But with the thing with the music? I mean - you're going to an event that will not be there tomorrow - the music on your computer will be there to transfer to your phone tomorrow.

I used to be really terrible about that as well - I would just assume everything would go well, but relying on public transport to be efficient and on time has bitten me in the ass one too many times (at least in Canada).

I have an absolute shit work ethic / time management skills. Spent all day yesterday working on college stuff / doing absolutely nothing, only to bust my ass off from 12 to 4 am. Seems like I'm only able to get the ball rolling past midnight