IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My joints are turning into a pile of shit because aging.

same here. my knees feel like they want to come apart and shake lose the tendons and stuff. part of the problem is i need to do all kinds of physical therapy to strengthen them. but who has time for that.. and "gotta work the core". oh the horror.

Oh man, tonight my friend was telling me about "the core" and how vital it is. Anyone who's not a miserable wreck in their middle age has their core to thank. I'm fucked.

FWP: spent hours trying to get my vocals on a new recording sounding right. For whatever reason I couldn't sing any line in one breath when I got up to the mic. If I sung it to myself in the room I could get it in one breath with no effort. So frustrating. These were not difficult vocal parts. Luckily I don't have to pay for my own studio time, so i can suck hard and not have it hurt me financially. Too bad the bank account of my fragile ego is now empty.

Had to take down part of a medical grow-op I'm (legally) involved with before it becomes illegal for us to operate it as it was. Means we make half as much money off of it and are able to supply half the people we were before. There goes my yacht payment... ;)

Oh man, tonight my friend was telling me about "the core" and how vital it is. Anyone who's not a miserable wreck in their middle age has their core to thank. I'm fucked.

FWP: spent hours trying to get my vocals on a new recording sounding right. For whatever reason I couldn't sing any line in one breath when I got up to the mic. If I sung it to myself in the room I could get it in one breath with no effort. So frustrating. These were not difficult vocal parts. Luckily I don't have to pay for my own studio time, so i can suck hard and not have it hurt me financially. Too bad the bank account of my fragile ego is now empty.

Recording vocals is the worst. It really is a whole different ballgame when you step up to the mic and know you're going to be played back.

There was a rumor I heard when I was a big Mars Volta fan that their singer got such crazy performances on tape in their earlier records because he was whacked out of his gourde on different euphoriants. Always thought it would fit for how those vocals came across on the recording. Would certainly help to loosen up IMO.

I think you should just be honest, people like that.

"Jesus Christ, what a butt-ugly monster of a baby! He looks goddamn 80! I mean, you ain't a pretty picture as well, but this! Fucking hell! Shitty little freak."

You'll notice that people will start appreciating you more and more.

IT LOOKS LIKE A MOLTEN E.T.!

Hans? Ben jij het?

I always say : "He looks kinda old for his age" .

then rimshot.

Edited by Serotox

2 recent orders from 2 separate record labels have fucked up recently. ordered a t shirt from Big Scary Monsters which hasn't arrived in over a month and Sargent House have messed up an order i made for 4 records (one is the wrong record).

both distributed by Awesome Merchandise so i don't feel good about using them again.

>:--[

i also have a record pre-ordered from each of them so lets pray those orders don't get fucked up too.

Writing simple pop lyrics is way more difficult than writing more evocative/poetic ones, but they always sound as though they were tossed off in 5 minutes. I swear more careful deliberation went into this one than anything else I've ever written. Writing like a 5th grader is fucking hard! But hey, if the goal is to have people singing along after one listen, that's what needs to happen.

I'm probably suffering from depression. But it's not so much a suicidal feeling, as it numbness and apathy.

This is a common problem tho, I'm sure.

Being unemployed and discovering the show 'the wire'

My room is a dark cave of self-loathing.

I find the fact that the show exists is really encouraging, tbh.

Like, you kick back and watch the show and you're like, "look, people did something NOT shitty!" Mad props.

Being unemployed and discovering the show 'the wire'

My room is a dark cave of self-loathing.

I find the fact that the show exists is really encouraging, tbh.

Like, you kick back and watch the show and you're like, "look, people did something NOT shitty!" Mad props.

Until you run out of episodes.. FUCK

I thought you were legally obligated to watch The Wire and The Sopranos back to back. Could keep you alive for a few more weeks.

sopranos just as good? i've never seen any of it!

I thought you were legally obligated to watch The Wire and The Sopranos back to back. Could keep you alive for a few more weeks.

sopranos just as good? i've never seen any of it!

It's so close to me that my preference between the two depends on which one I watched last. I really can't call it.

The self-loathing isn't from the show. I'm just a very critical and withdrawn person with regards to my personal ego when I'm in a place of unease with how things are working out in my life.

But yeh, it's so damn good. I just about cried when the kid got killed at the end of Season 1. It's funny you mention it tho - I haven't seen the wire or sopranos and everyone tells me I need to get on that.

Life=

29 years old, still living at home, can't find a job that pays a living wage, my resume sucks ass, I don't even know where to start trying to get back into school and fix my horrendous GPA, I feel like i should die

Meant to be going to Iceland tomorrow for 5 days' holiday (fws!) but I'm absolutely dying with some grotesque viral infection/cold thing. I look forward to infecting everyone on the plane and unleashing my furious snot beams over the beautiful Icelandic landscape.

29 years old, still living at home, can't find a job that pays a living wage, my resume sucks ass, I don't even know where to start trying to get back into school and fix my horrendous GPA, I feel like i should die

What do you want to do career-wise?

Edited by doublename

Sympathies, 31 and still at home. True, I have bought a flat recently but three months on and I still can't move because of problems with electric / water. So close to moving on but still stuck at home. Might end up 32 before the problems are solved. :catbleed:

Easy to say it, but keep your head up! I honestly could never imagine affording a place of my own when I was 29 but somehow I have, sure you will too.

Playing Candy Crush while drinking alone.

Rock bottom.

:catcry:

AND there's this goddamn fly that keeps landing on the mouth of my bottle right as I'm about to drink. WTF. Fuck you, fly.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

iTunes. Anything to do with fucking iTunes. The start to finish process of moving my music from one computer to another has been a fucking ache.

There is not a single song in my library that is not defined by artist, album, track name and sequence number and yet it still seems to throw random songs all over the place, put tracklists in the wrong order, incorrectly identify what's a compilation and what's not, etc.

On top of that the software is so shit that I wasted plenty of time just waiting for it to unfreeze when I tried to scroll.

I'm burnt out on working with the public because some people are retards.

But at least I'm not depressed about it this time.

iTunes. Anything to do with fucking iTunes. The start to finish process of moving my music from one computer to another has been a fucking ache.
There is not a single song in my library that is not defined by artist, album, track name and sequence number and yet it still seems to throw random songs all over the place, put tracklists in the wrong order, incorrectly identify what's a compilation and what's not, etc.
On top of that the software is so shit that I wasted plenty of time just waiting for it to unfreeze when I tried to scroll.

Yes, iTunes is dog shit. This is why I stopped syncing any new music to my iPod because iTunes is required to do so. And I didn't trust it not to fuck up my latest Ae downloads.

(thought you were Candiru at first lol)

Edited by ambermonk