IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

hey, I got the joke. I'm not WATMM's lulz archivist for nothing.

also confirming: joke was begotten

hooray!!!

*checks it every 30 seconds*

no doubt.. turned out fine though, success...

i wonder why frozen pizza is never as good as non frozen, small pizza shop stuff. i mean, they should be getting close nowadays to a perfect frozen pizza.

hey, I got the joke. I'm not WATMM's lulz archivist for nothing.

also confirming: joke was begotten

hooray!!!

lol. sorry for spacing out on the primo moth jokes from the 9th & 10th.

*checks it every 30 seconds*

no doubt.. turned out fine though, success...

i wonder why frozen pizza is never as good as non frozen, small pizza shop stuff. i mean, they should be getting close nowadays to a perfect frozen pizza.

frozen pizza is disgusting. this shouldn't be surprising, a proper pizza is made by hand with quality ingredients and cooked in as little as 1 minute (if it's a proper pizza oven, over 400 degrees C, wood fired preferably imparting its own unique flavour). a frozen pizza is made on an assembly line with shitty ingredients and silly amounts of salt and sugar to attempt to impart some flavor into it, par cooked in a shitty industrial oven, topped with low quality toppings, frozen, and then slowly reheated for 10-20 mins in a shitty conventional oven. how on earth would you expect this to ever taste anything like a proper pizza?

it's relatively easy to make halfway decent pizza at home though, far better than any shitty takeaway or frozen nonsense. just takes a little practice. I'm not immune from ordering a domino's though occasionally, always end up regretting it afterwards though, the amount of salt and sugar they put in there makes it the food equivalent of crack.

Yes, it's real, it's terrible, and for a while at least, it was pretty popular. I got a coupon for it once (I think their generosity with coupons was their key to popularity) and I tried it and was was taken aback at the lack of flavor and shitty quality and could hardly believe how many regular customers they had.

Also, imo, you can't cook decent pizza in a conventional home oven with no special equipment. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Also, imo, you can't cook decent pizza in a conventional home oven with no special equipment. I'd love to be proved wrong.

The only special equipment you need is a decent pizza stone, or some cast iron, or a pizza steel if you can afford it. You can't fully recreate an authentic neapolitan style pizza, but you can do a passable imitation (certainly better than chain-takeaway style or frozen pizza). You can recreate a proper sourdough one if you're willing to put in the time, but a basic packaged-yeast recipe is fine as well. The key to the whole thing is getting enough heat, I managed to get it down to around 4 mins cooking time once, which is pretty impressive for a domestic oven (using a pizza stone above the cast iron it's cooking on). The next most important thing is quality ingredients, obviously that's not a problem either as long as you put the effort in.

I've been saying this for years! it doesn't stop people trying though...

I found a new work gig, but the problem is - it's on and off hours for the first two months or so. An old friend brought me on to work his new huge grow, but it's hydro. I don't normally do hydro, but he's really dialed-in on it so I'm breaking from my comfort zone and adapting. It pays very well in terms of hourly for the time being and after the initial harvest comes down and heads out the door, the pay will be really great... But I gotta wait two months to get a full-time salary.

It's 8 blocks from where I live and he's totally fine with my vacation (lost quite a few potential gigs because of a two week vacation at the end of August)--- so I guess things could be worse.

I've been saying this for years! it doesn't stop people trying though...

It can be done, but not with traditional pizza dough that most attempt to make. I've had luck modifying bagel dough back in the day - look towards that route and you shall find your home pizza perfection.

Can't help but wonder if you guys have much different pizza aesthetics from me. To me pizza perfection is US East coast style, with pasty, spicy sauce; big, greasy pepperoni slices; a moderate amount of NOT SKIM mozzarella (just enough to get some drooping/ stretching when you take a bite). It should be slightly burnt, so you get a fairly thin crust that's floppy in the middle and crispy on the crust (which should be about 2 inches wide) and slightly smoky. I am very conservative about this and the more the pizza deviates from this, the less I like it.

Sourdough and bagel crusts both sound interesting though.

you can say whatever you want and shout mama mia! as much as you want if i offend you and your heritage and grandparents as an italian, but hear this : I like frozen pizza's more than i like regular pizza's. (yes i have tasted real pizza's)