IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I dropped my eraser and it bounced to god knows where

best first post

life is like a bouncing eraser to god knows where

Hey, sorry about your kitty ooze...

If it's f'en poison I hope someone finds the f'er that did it and makes him pay in the most painful way possible, force feed him razor blades washed down with gasoline or something.

grrr

same. just got a quarter bonus and looking to get a minilogue and/or monomachine but then that's it (or at least that's what i tell myself). really i should just upgrade to reaktor 6 and learn all the software i have and focus on crafting choons.

plus i also know i'll get the te op-z when it's released and the last batch of pocket operators too =\

That sentence made me smile - because I know exactly how you feel o_O

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I can't believe I'm still doing this after getting a Monomachine which was my dream synth. Lusting hard for Nord Drum 2, Nord Lead 2, MS-20 mini, Minilogue, Volca FM, C&G Organelle, gahh. I really need to either hunker down and learn the shit out of what I already have, spending like an hour a day on it, or just take responsibility for the likely fact that hardware is inadequate for the auditory liquid geometry bubbling at the corners of my mind. Either way I need to unload a bunch of gear before I pick up any more, eck.

same. just got a quarter bonus and looking to get a minilogue and/or monomachine but then that's it (or at least that's what i tell myself). really i should just upgrade to reaktor 6 and learn all the software i have and focus on crafting choons.

plus i also know i'll get the te op-z when it's released and the last batch of pocket operators too =\

That sentence made me smile - because I know exactly how you feel o_O

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I can't believe I'm still doing this after getting a Monomachine which was my dream synth. Lusting hard for Nord Drum 2, Nord Lead 2, MS-20 mini, Minilogue, Volca FM, C&G Organelle, gahh. I really need to either hunker down and learn the shit out of what I already have, spending like an hour a day on it, or just take responsibility for the likely fact that hardware is inadequate for the auditory liquid geometry bubbling at the corners of my mind. Either way I need to unload a bunch of gear before I pick up any more, eck.

yeah i want an mpc but i have yet to learn the PUSH i bought months ago.

My aunt sent me videos of my baby cousin a week ago and I still haven't responded... babies creep me out. Enough time has gone by that she's probably offended. But to be fair, my brother only just replied this morning, so at least we both seem terrible and t's not just me. He already covered "cute" so I've got to come up with some other nice comment typically associated with babies. I'm really bad at doing insincere replies to things, so I put it off. Maybe I'll go with the "you must be so excited!" route. That's pleasant without giving any real feedback. I'll be interested in him when he can actually talk and walk around. But the shitting blob stage really isn't my thing.

lol this makes me sound like a horrible person. Ah well. I am actually happy for them....

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I think you should just be honest, people like that.

"Jesus Christ, what a butt-ugly monster of a baby! He looks goddamn 80! I mean, you ain't a pretty picture as well, but this! Fucking hell! Shitty little freak."

You'll notice that people will start appreciating you more and more.

"Jesus Christ, what a butt-ugly monster of a baby! He looks goddamn 80! I mean, you ain't a pretty picture as well, but this! Fucking hell! Shitty little freak."

IT LOOKS LIKE A MOLTEN E.T.!

SO my friends girl who, who I thought had rather unique taste in music.

Something that I hold in high regard when getting to know someone.

IDK, if it's even possible, but I was telling her about the rinse.fm show where Bjork guested on the TriAngle Records show,

and suddenly it became clear, just an avalanche of unwarranted uneducated opinions and Bjork hatred.

phrases included but not limited too "Wacky" and "Talentless", I held my breath for about 10 more minutes,

then I left.

Taste is so important, I don't have too many deal breakers, but Bjork is at the top of the list,

better to take it personally, than to let it slide.

My aunt sent me videos of my baby cousin a week ago and I still haven't responded... babies creep me out. Enough time has gone by that she's probably offended. But to be fair, my brother only just replied this morning, so at least we both seem terrible and t's not just me. He already covered "cute" so I've got to come up with some other nice comment typically associated with babies. I'm really bad at doing insincere replies to things, so I put it off. Maybe I'll go with the "you must be so excited!" route. That's pleasant without giving any real feedback. I'll be interested in him when he can actually talk and walk around. But the shitting blob stage really isn't my thing.

lol this makes me sound like a horrible person. Ah well. I am actually happy for them....

When a co-worker brought in his brand new baby, all closed eyes and nearly bald etc, he said 'she looks just like her mother'.

I said 'your wife is bald?'

Went down a storm. Also, holding baby, turning it from side to side and saying 'eh, it's pretty good but I've seen better' usually gets a laugh.

IDK, if it's even possible, but I was telling her about the rinse.fm show where Bjork guested on the TriAngle Records show,

and suddenly it became clear, just an avalanche of unwarranted uneducated opinions and Bjork hatred.

phrases included but not limited too "Wacky" and "Talentless", I held my breath for about 10 more minutes,

then I left.

Taste is so important, I don't have too many deal breakers, but Bjork is at the top of the list,

Similar taste in music can be a good way to meet people - an ice breaker, a bonding experience if you're at a show together. But if you use that as yardstick for friendship eligibility, I think you'll find yourself all alone.

Also if I seem to agree with someone on everything, it makes me suspicious. Arguing can be good fun if you're not a dick about it. It's an excellent way to get perspective. Don't assume that your taste is "right" - maybe she knows something you don't. What can you learn from her?

Nah, Bjork hatred's a deal breaker. There's no hope for someone like that.

When a co-worker brought in his brand new baby, all closed eyes and nearly bald etc, he said 'she looks just like her mother'.

Went down a storm. Also, holding baby, turning it from side to side and saying 'eh, it's pretty good but I've seen better' usually gets a laugh.

Haha, awesome.

@zephyr: yeah I had the same problem when I sister decided to spawn. We work at the same place and our colleagues expected me to have an opinion on it, my opinion was usually a not-quite shrug. "what do you want me to say"

Now that my niece is over a year old she's a bit more interesting, so there's that.

Yes, I am probably a terrible person too.

Edited by hello spiral

LOL!

IT LOOKS LIKE A MOLTEN E.T.!

i'd vouch for, "congratulations on giving birth to Benjamin Button!"

then I left.

You'll find through the years that someone else's musical taste is not at all important with respect to their friendship (it works the other way too: someone can like the same things you do but be worthless as a friend). Don't shut down an otherwise good person just because you're too stuck up to admit people don't all like the same things.

Edited by luke viia

At first I thought someone who talks flak about your favorite artist would be a deal breaker for friendship too, but at the same time I'm pretty sure it's nothing personal. Then again the artists I hold in closest regard I generally don't even bring up unless that person already happens to be familiar with them.

Dumb FWP time. The address bar in Firefox on my computer got reset, and I have no idea how or why.

My coworker who is sort of my boss in our tiny department broke his leg very badly and will not be in for months. This means I sort of get a promotion.

The problem is that there are loads of jobs he does that I don't really know how to do, and the pressure is on me to do them. :psyduck: