IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I drink pourover coffee every morning. It takes some time but it's a nice ritual and the coffee is tasty. Yesterday, I fucked up my coffee and had to redo it. I don't remember exactly how but half my grounds somehow ended up exiting the filter.

Then, this morning, I made a beautiful, fragrant cup of coffee. I saw a moth over the sink so I leaned over to kill it, and I hit the cup with my fat belly and knocked the entire thing into the sink before I could take a sip. I didn't get one drop. FUCK.

My female Chinese colleague commented an old photo of me where I had a long hair: "You look more beautiful than a girl" and then looked at me and continued "Have you gained weight?"

fml

This morning around 5am, a guy came into our house, stole my GF's ID and debit card, the keys to her car, drove the car through the fence in our backyard, hit two cars, crashed in the neighbor's house, and then ran on foot. He used my GF's debit to buy a bus ticket to Halifax. We told the police about it and they found him at the bus station. He's in custody right now. The car is totaled. A crazy fucking morning.

This morning around 5am, a guy came into our house, stole my GF's ID and debit card, the keys to her car, drove the car through the fence in our backyard, hit two cars, crashed in the neighbor's house, and then ran on foot. He used my GF's debit to buy a bus ticket to Halifax. We told the police about it and they found him at the bus station. He's in custody right now. The car is totaled. A crazy fucking morning.

Dang! Your insurance (or rather, his insurance) will cover all of this, right?

holy shit, that's much worse than a stupid first world problem

what was he trying to achieve???

Probably not a realistic expectation, but I hope the police can make him pay back your GF, and then some.

Insurance should cover it all. My GF will need to get another car though.

The guy was doing a series of break and enters in the early morning. The police said they suspect he broke into or tried to break into 13 houses. He had 7 cell phones on him.

Edit: We're all fine, btw. It was just a little surreal to go through. Met the neighbors and we were all amazed how messed up it was and laughed it off. The only bit that was kind of upsetting is that he was in our house looking through our stuff.

Edited by Guest

see, that guy went totally overboard trying to kills moths.

I'm not letting those fuckers chill. They are everywhere lately. With spiders I usually scoop them into a jar and set them free outside unless they're running toward me. Moths are too nimble for that though, and there's like 12 in my house right now so fuck them. Hopefully my cats will figure out how to kill them and absorb the bad coffee karma for me.

one time i was kind of riding on the back of this moth and i was like "this is super chill let's listen to some cocteau twins" and we were just cruising around together and feeling nostalgic and after a while the moth was like "hey alcofribas, do YOU want to go higher and higher?" and then the moth started just soaring so high toward this flame which was just intense as fuck like some one was really driving a filter with no rez and then some crazy drums were playing like from confield and we were going higher and higher and i was getting so scared and the moth was just like so intense and into it so I didn't say stop or anything and then we were dancing this insane dance against the glass of a lamp and the moth was just like "fuuuuuuuuck" in the best way and i thought for sure this is it were both gonna fucking die and it was like the drums were going at like 600bpm and then when i just could not take it anymore the light switched off and we were soaring so peacefully in the midnight summer air and then stars of the lid was playing but one of the more droning tracks like the last one on ballasted orchestra but a different version that was so majestic and hopeful and then some one fucking killed us.

FLOL @ alco.

Now there's a bunch hanging out inside the pellet stove. I don't know what inspired them to go in there; it's 85F outside and we haven't used the stove in a couple weeks so there's no flame for them to wander toward.

This is like the start of a B horror movie. If you don't hear from me again, the moth man got me.

FLOL @ alco.

Now there's a bunch hanging out inside the pellet stove. I don't know what inspired them to go in there; it's 85F outside and we haven't used the stove in a couple weeks so there's no flame for them to wander toward.

This is like the start of a B horror movie. If you don't hear from me again, the moth man got me.

maybe they just want to chill in the stove and have some privacy mate. did you even consider that? it's possible they just want to flutter about there and relax, share moth items, jbc and shit? it's even possible they do it for the rush, the adaptation and the general backwardness of the act. it seems like you're being so ungenerous with the moths here.

i'm sorry to bring this up, I just can't bare to see this behavior and not say something.

FLOL @ alco.

maybe they just want to chill in the stove and have some privacy mate. did you even consider that? it's possible they just want to flutter about there and relax, share moth items, jbc and shit? it's even possible they do it for the rush, the adaptation and the general backwardness of the act. it seems like you're being so ungenerous with the moths here.

i'm sorry to bring this up, I just can't bare to see this behavior and not say something.

Oh no no no, don't get me wrong. They can chill in the pellet stove all they want. They just better not fuck with my coffee again. You don't get between a man and his wakey juice.