IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I would take the 2 million pennies cos then I can put them all in my ass and contaminate the money market with my newly-minted asspennies.

I was getting kind of annoyed with a friend when presented a hypothetical of either getting $2,000,000 worth of pennies dropped off to your place $500,000 as a direct deposit to your checking account. I feel like the obvious answer is to take the 2,000,000 and although there is a lot of work involved in storing/counting/transporting the pennies, you could just hire a consultant for the operation and give them something like $100,000+ like another $100,000 for expenses (work, storage, drivers, security) when the work is finished and the pennies are deposited to your bank.

My friend and another person both said they'd take the 500,000... wut. What about you guys, am I being illogical here?

Hahaha - love this!

You are being quite logical. 

Your friends are being lazy. 

Thank you! :closedeyes:  They just kept saying 500,000 is enough

clearly you would just pay someone 100,000 to deal with the pennies for you. i would myself sort out 2 million pennies for 100,000. surely it would only take days, or a week? i dunno.

http://www.kokogiak.com/megapenny/eight.asp

Oh shit, that's only a couple truckloads, maybe only one. For some reason, i was picturing like 10+ truckloads of pennies

Edited by Danny O Flannagin

You are being quite logical. 

Your friends are being lazy. 

Thank you! :closedeyes:  They just kept saying 500,000 is enough

clearly you would just pay someone 100,000 to deal with the pennies for you. i would myself sort out 2 million pennies for 100,000. surely it would only take days, or a week? i dunno.

http://www.kokogiak.com/megapenny/eight.asp

Oh shit, that's only a couple truckloads, maybe only one. For some reason, i was picturing like 10+ truckloads of pennies

pretty sure it'd be more than a couple of truckloads due to the weight

exclusivity. its all over the underground dance music scene. the worst is dj's who dont tell people the tunes they play because they like to think they have somehow achieved something simply by liking something they didnt create themselves. hopefully as mixcloud and stuffs auto deduction technology improves that will fade out.

Yeah that's exactly what happened lol. It took me forever to id a track only to discover a few minutes later that it was another one of those vinyl-only, also very limited edition (= out of stock) releases. Why... You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot when you don't want everyone to be able to buy and support your music. Not to mention it's a bit disgustingly elitist. How is this even a business model ?

Edited by Perezvon

I feel like I should be further in my career at my age. 

But I know that I'm FOS and I'm doing just fine. 

But I can't help thinking that I should be doing fine-r.

seppuku*

an engineer in a meeting i was in today kept saying, "that's a mute point".

I hate it when people keep using the same words over and over and over. My boss is turning all my colleagues into mini-versions of himself so they all go around and use the same "business"-words that he does. Luckily, as I'm writing this I can't even remember any of the words they use. But I cringe every single time they do.

Shouldn't it be "moot" point?

Kind of reminds me when some people mispronounce "nuclear" as "nookyoolur", they sound like dumb rednecks

Kind of reminds me when some people mispronounce "nuclear" as "nookyoolur", they sound like dumb rednecks

yes, that's what was bugging me, but now that i think about it, he says that a lot at all the meetings i've sat in on with him, so new first world problem.  thanks squee!

I'm just going to pretend it's some sort of engineering pun that's beyond muh ken. 

this also could be, he's definitely a level up from me intelligence-wise.

I hate it when people keep using the same words over and over and over. My boss is turning all my colleagues into mini-versions of himself so they all go around and use the same "business"-words that he does. Luckily, as I'm writing this I can't even remember any of the words they use. But I cringe every single time they do.

i had to listen to a guy use the word "culture" to refer to people in a company probably a dozen times over the course of a presentation the other day. made my teeth hurt.

yeah, I know. but it's really annoying because I used that one almost all the time, no good reason to remove it, and if they did they should've made an option to turn it back on. also. you can't do alt-left with one hand.