IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Apparently I'm past due on my first ever property tax payment. I have the exemption form yet to fill out too, though I don't know whether it'll have any effect. I'm about to get hit hard financially either way. Fuck adulthood right now.

My local shop doesn't sell tahina so I had to make hummus out of bloody peanut butter.  I thought this was supposed to be a civilised country.

Looking at my record collection and questioning whether to sell alot of them or not. 

Sell one or two, and before you know it you'll have sold a bunch. I did this with my comic collection and don't miss the ones I have sold at all.

My local shop doesn't sell tahina so I had to make hummus out of bloody peanut butter.  I thought this was supposed to be a civilised country.

you can always make it yourself, just toast some sesame seeds and blend them with a few drops of oil:

http://www.inspiredtaste.net/26901/easy-tahini-recipe/

also, you shouldn't be using tahina to make hummus, you should be using tahini (maybe you just made a typo).

That's pretty much a key ingredient. Same with chickpeas and garlic.

Do you normally make it out of the blender, or mix it up manually?

My local shop doesn't sell tahina so I had to make hummus out of bloody peanut butter. I thought this was supposed to be a civilised country.

you can always make it yourself, just toast some sesame seeds and blend them with a few drops of oil:

http://www.inspiredtaste.net/26901/easy-tahini-recipe/

also, you shouldn't be using tahina to make hummus, you should be using tahini (maybe you just made a typo).

Tahina/tahini can you can say either. Humous/hummus.

Will try making it!

Ambermonk. I blend but I realise that probably makes me a philistine

Went looking for a free download of an album I just heard about, which lead me to the 4chan/mu archives, which lead me to actually reading a few of the threads there, which lead to what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-people!!  It's like an entire forum of only the worst youtube comments.  Jesus.  Hope this piracy was worth it.

Tahina/tahini can you can say either. Humous/hummus.

I always thought tahina was a different type of dip, made with tahini (it's got garlic and lemon juice and cumin in it). I'm guessing people interchange the various words pretty loosely. 

just went to watmm and saw the thread about scarjo playing the major in the ghost in the shell movie and now i'm thinking about how shitty that whole sandwich will be. 

There has been a recurring problem with some live shows I've done that I am unable to replicate myself.  I have this Resident Audio soundcard that I've been running sequenced tracks as well as automated effects through, and a couple soundguys have mentioned that the Left and Right channels are severely unbalanced.  To fix this they've just boosted whichever side was quieter, obviously.  But any time I plug it in to my own soundboard, or use headphones, the stereo signal is perfectly balanced.  There are only two soundguys who have mentioned it specifically, and the shows were back to back.  I've since mentioned the problem to other soundguys at subsequent shows, under the assumption that it would continue to be a problem, but in retrospect I don't think any of them confirmed that they were had the same issue.  It was perhaps more of an "okay, whatever you say weirdo performer, I have no idea what you're on about"/ignore situation.  Does anyone here have any idea what might lead to such a problem arising? (the unbalanced stereo thing that I'm unable to replicate myself.)  The file I'm using to troubleshoot it is the same one I use when performing live.  Is there something about multiple other PAs elsewhere that would likely cause that problem?  Only thing I can think of is that one DI box had "pad" on and the other didn't each time, but the two soundguys that mentioned the problem didn't strike me as idiots.... and I'm pretty sure I checked that too.

I just watched a documentary about cockfighting, which made me sad and angry. Really dumbass and cruel "Sport".

Then I thought about eastbound&down which made me laughing.

Now I'm left with an awkward feeling.

Edited by Test Fforet

TBQH try medical bankruptcy YMMV (not to make light of your health problems of course)

I've seen a few financial bankruptcies around me, immensely destructive, but the thing about the NHS is if they get it wrong it can be your arse

Which is worse, your wallet or your mind/life?

Its not a perfect world, tried and tested, cancer care for example is world class here, but other areas are a cesspit

When you wait 2 years for basic post-op neurology protocols to be reviewed that should've started 6 weeks after an rta in june '14, shit can get hairy & ugly v quickly. Its not Syria or Iraq, but not all wars are fought on battlefields