IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

still waiting on a series neuro-psychiatric tests to establish long term effects from concussion 25months after getting mangled in a road traffic accident

as much as the NHS shines in some areas, your life can be pulped in others

whoever coined the expression patience is a virtue never took into account the customer service inquiry line to the gods being interminably engaged

Don't know whether to see Lusine & Mathew Dear or Jan Jelinek; both shows are happening at the same time tonight.

punchy bouncy melodic chords techno house stuff or whatever jan jelinek is up to. 

i was setting up my illegal iptv thing for kodi, checking out various pirated broadcasts of worldwide tv channels and encountered a program led by richard quest on cnn international. usually hating people is kinda fun but that guy literally made me shudder. i've never seen a more vapid and obnoxious delivery, he embodies some kind of pompous and exaggerated classic-british stereotype but with zero irony. his voice and mannerisms are just vomit inducing, he's only capable of spouting banal platitudes proudly showing an extremely shallow understandings of the topics he talks about while flaunting some kind of faux street smarts and contrived cockiness. it's just unbelievable that such a thing exists. just check it out for yourself:

he easily beat caleb landry jones, my previously most hated person i've seen on the screen of some sort.

Edited by eugene

Codeine withdrawals really bloody sucked. I had been taking a lot of it each day and decided I like my vital organs functioning more towards the proper side of things. I went off of them cold turkey and holy shit, ow. The worst of it only lasted 4 days, and then I could start doing things like sit at my computer or do a small load of laundry. Those 4 days though! Laying in bed wondering if it's worth it to walk the lengthy 5 meters to the bathroom to piss, or just piss the bed. Now I'm learning to live without painkillers again, which is difficult. It's chronic pain with no injury though, so I keep telling myself to man up and be active anyways. It's just pain, it'll get worse if I do nothing and it'll get better if I get outside and do stuff. Those withdrawals were still better than the 3 months I spent being suicidal everyday this past spring. I'd rather have a healthy mind while in physical pain than the other way around. So I'm manning up, dammit.

Also, it's the 3rd of the month and I'm already broke. I don't get paid again until the 31st... shit...

Random inexplicable ticks appearing on different tracks in the Ableton file I'm mixing.  Why???  So irritating.  This shit makes me want to murder.  I am screaming on the inside.

Is it when it loops? Sometimes when you throw in an mp3 it will add it a space at the beginning and end so it won't loop at a zero crossing.

Codeine withdrawals really bloody sucked. I had been taking a lot of it each day and decided I like my vital organs functioning more towards the proper side of things. I went off of them cold turkey and holy shit, ow. The worst of it only lasted 4 days, and then I could start doing things like sit at my computer or do a small load of laundry. Those 4 days though! Laying in bed wondering if it's worth it to walk the lengthy 5 meters to the bathroom to piss, or just piss the bed. Now I'm learning to live without painkillers again, which is difficult. It's chronic pain with no injury though, so I keep telling myself to man up and be active anyways. It's just pain, it'll get worse if I do nothing and it'll get better if I get outside and do stuff. Those withdrawals were still better than the 3 months I spent being suicidal everyday this past spring. I'd rather have a healthy mind while in physical pain than the other way around. So I'm manning up, dammit.

Also, it's the 3rd of the month and I'm already broke. I don't get paid again until the 31st... shit...

First & foremost, respect for attacking this aspect of your life. This in itself is a moral victory, hope you see that and thats not wanting to come across as a patronizing cunt.

When serious pain is involved Dr's can either under-prescribe or over-subscribe & either way its v v easy to veer into behaviour better avoided. W/out boring fuck out of you, i had all manner of opiates hurled at me after a life-changing RTA to the extent that i was withdawing every cunting night just from the ridiculous levels sustained. Ungodly with everything else added. Remember, worst is behind you in that respect. I went from oxy to oramorph/morphine to codeine to dihydrocodeine, but average a handful a month now. It takes a wee while for the stomach to normalize, but whatever went down, despite £$£, things are improving in one key area, non?

Plow into art in whatever way takes to you, make that the compulsion (sorry if thats a loaded word). It can help map the experiences. Also, if you're physically able, if possible, try installing a punchbag at home when practical. Beat fuck out of it on an as/when basis. Repeat when stressed.

However you can, try to access a CBT-led therapy program, because it could underpin and reinforce the positive decisions and actions you've already made. Trust me, pain treatment is a fuckin nightmare in most countries cos the practioners either think the patient is looking to score or misses appropriate levels of medication.

Tale care & hope this doesnt seem empty sanctimonious/preachy cheerleading

Edited by cwmbrancity

Random inexplicable ticks appearing on different tracks in the Ableton file I'm mixing.  Why???  So irritating.  This shit makes me want to murder.  I am screaming on the inside.

Is it when it loops? Sometimes when you throw in an mp3 it will add it a space at the beginning and end so it won't loop at a zero crossing.

It's all wav files.  I've tried adding small fades, consolidating various cross faded versions.  Nothing helps.  Fortunately if I export a wav of the whole song it doesn't include the ticks (which I discovered after my initial post).  But it makes the mixing process maddening as hell. Every time i hear that tick sound I go into a blind rage.  It's quite counterproductive.

Random inexplicable ticks appearing on different tracks in the Ableton file I'm mixing. Why??? So irritating. This shit makes me want to murder. I am screaming on the inside.

It's all wav files. I've tried adding small fades, consolidating various cross faded versions. Nothing helps. Fortunately if I export a wav of the whole song it doesn't include the ticks (which I discovered after my initial post). But it makes the mixing process maddening as hell. Every time i hear that tick sound I go into a blind rage. It's quite counterproductive.
Have you tried running the audio through a different sound card or maybe directly through the computer's mini jack out?

My old M-Audio FireWire 410 crapped out on me about half a year ago. It started to make clicks when I would play files in Audition and whenever I hit "play"' it would stop playing whatever else was being played in other DAWs and then after a couple of seconds everything would start playing.

Random inexplicable ticks appearing on different tracks in the Ableton file I'm mixing. Why??? So irritating. This shit makes me want to murder. I am screaming on the inside.

It's all wav files. I've tried adding small fades, consolidating various cross faded versions. Nothing helps. Fortunately if I export a wav of the whole song it doesn't include the ticks (which I discovered after my initial post). But it makes the mixing process maddening as hell. Every time i hear that tick sound I go into a blind rage. It's quite counterproductive.
Have you tried running the audio through a different sound card or maybe directly through the computer's mini jack out?

My old M-Audio FireWire 410 crapped out on me about half a year ago. It started to make clicks when I would play files in Audition and whenever I hit "play"' it would stop playing whatever else was being played in other DAWs and then after a couple of seconds everything would start playing.

that sounds hilarious

I'm incredibly boring and all visitors to my flat start doing the jigsaw I leave on my coffee table not long after arriving realising conversation with me is boring. How does one be interesting / have a life?

I'm incredibly boring and all visitors to my flat start doing the jigsaw I leave on my coffee table not long after arriving realising conversation with me is boring. How does one be interesting / have a life?

you either find some common ground you can build a convo upon or talk about yourselves in turns. Or just go full late night presenter and let the other person do the talking, "tell me more" etc. Maybe give up altogether