IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

found a baby rat in the garden and it was hurt , so cute looking, my stepdad smashed it with a shovel like eight times.. :P

I never understood random human violence towards small critters. Even most spiders I encounter are harmless.

Mosquitoes on the other hand are twats. I have no regrets smashing them.

Edited by ambermonk

My iTunes library file (I know, it's my stupid fault for using it) has become corrupt, and I rely on my playlists to keep track of stuff and see what I haven't yet listened to. Moving to Linux Mint shortly so going to get a new media centre anyway, but was originally hoping to be able to keep my play counts, playlists etc. Well now I can't cause the last backup is from 2014.

Just a big OCD ballache.

ever been through LAX? worst airport in the world, for your FYI.

Not even close. Salt Lake City airport is far worse than LAX and that's just in the states. Salt Lake City is where airports go to fade quietly and sadly into non-existence. There is nothing there and you feel your soul being sucked into an eternal, endless void of nothingness while you're there.

They're incredibly soul-crushing places, like purgatory on earth, bad overpriced food, CNN, volleyball team trip jailbait everywhere. Lines for this, that, this and that, all of which could be easily bypassed were it not for the fact you're a coach-class peon.

All the third world airports where you get surrounded by touts, hustlers and cab drivers as soon as you set foot in the arrivals hall..

what makes an airport bad? ive not really been travelling abroad much since i was 14, ive seen very few airports.

Poor organization/layout, inefficient security practices (i.e. Not having enough staff to deal with number of passengers), lack of food options, no free wifi (don't know if this exists anymore, most places seem to have it now), shite duty-free. Or see my post directly above yours.

Calling other countries the third world still. How very first world of us. 

Second world problems: Being totally forgotten by the rest of the world.

i bought a pair of these gel insoles for my new boots, they expect you to cut along the line that your size is. 12 didn';t work so i shaved it back to size 11. i think i messed it up, fuck my life, i dunno. i'd pay more money if i could get these things in my exact size. .....

I keep falling for the wrong women  :catcry:

Whenever you have feelings for a woman just go pay for sex until you forget about her. *makes hand wiping motion*

i bought a pair of these gel insoles for my new boots, they expect you to cut along the line that your size is. 12 didn';t work so i shaved it back to size 11. i think i messed it up, fuck my life, i dunno. i'd pay more money if i could get these things in my exact size. .....

There's not really any such thing as an exact shoe size. That's why them make them that way.

Yek, take the original sole out of your shoe, lay it over the one you bought and cut the new one exactly the same. That's what I do (unless they're steel or carbon fiber for work, then I just deal).

^ Shit, I had no idea you could pull out the original soles until I read your post Luke. I've had gel inserts on top of the original soles in my North Face shoes for months and that didn't even occur to me. My right foot has been hurting for over three months now. I hope that'll finally solve the problem, short of buying a whole new pair.

ever been through LAX? worst airport in the world, for your FYI.

Not even close. Salt Lake City airport is far worse than LAX and that's just in the states. Salt Lake City is where airports go to fade quietly and sadly into non-existence. There is nothing there and you feel your soul being sucked into an eternal, endless void of nothingness while you're there.

Lol finally, someone who shares my distaste for the SLC airport. I've specifically declined to buy a ticket that had a 2.5 hour layover there each way even though it would've saved me hundreds of dollars. I'd say having a night-layover in Vegas is pretty shitty too. THERE ARE MACHINES MAKING NOISES EVERYWHERE. The look of death I shot towards the Asian tourist still cranking slots at 3am when I was sleeping on the floor fell flat. That man needed to gamble... 

On the way back from a friends wedding in lovely Bemidji, Minnesota - I was supremely hungover-ish / still tripping like mad and completely forgot that my a wedding-goer tucked a joint into my breast pocket for the car ride to the airport. The airport security is so fucking underfunded and lax that the guy patting me down pulls out this obvious joint, thinks for a few seconds after letting out a long sigh and then said in the driest tone ever while looking me deadpan in the eyes 'sir, you can't bring your cigarette onto the plane' and threw it away. I think the amount of paperwork and sitting with an obviously fucked-up guy still wearing a booze-smelling suit from the night previous was just not worth the $9.50 this dude gets paid an hour... long story short, the airport looks like a shipping depot and nobody cares there. 

I keep falling for the wrong women  :catcry:

I think I fell for a good one, but we're on different continents now.  :catcry:

On the first world achievements and successes side of things, she is visiting in a month or so.

But then more  :catcry:  probably

I have this pickle jar I've tried to open 7 times this past week in the fridge. I'm too lazy to do anything beyond failing to open it, so I just call it a 'fuckin jackoff' and stick it back in the fridge. Now I am getting these really light cramps that end as soon as they begin. You know those cramps that pop into existence and pop out.   They're really annoying because you can feel the cramp coming on, and you tense up a bit because you know you're about to hurt. Then it's over. fuck.my.life.

I have this pickle jar I've tried to open 7 times this past week in the fridge. I'm too lazy to do anything beyond failing to open it, so I just call it a 'fuckin jackoff' and stick it back in the fridge.

Thanks, do you have any hacks for stopping my "severe" sleep paralysis issues? I get it every night have have seen and heard so much over the top shit. Just 10 minutes ago, incredibly loudly my brain decided to hallucinate some woman going 'shhhh' into my ear. Was scary. Very.  Sounded realer than real since it was coming from my brain, like someone had perfectly mixed it into perfect headphones and it was feeding it monophonically into my left ear. 

In the past I've seen everything from the green goblin ( from spiderman) painting a picture of himself on my wall and laughing with his head twisted my way, to mr. rogers in a red sweater standing over me telling me that he's going to murder my family. Also seen more cliche things like a demon with a knife standing over my bed with this twisted smile on his face about to stab me.

And WHEN he stabbed me this HUGE pain went through my body, and my whole body felt as if it were shaking/buzzing. Buzzing is probably a better description. It was intense. I was sure I was dying. I remember calling out for help, and I heard me saying it, but I wasn't able to move my mouth. So I couldn't have been saying it. And then suddenly when the paralysis lifts, it's all gone in an instant. 

Edited by Brisbot

So about airports...

There are too many people there, waiting in line sucks, security is annoying and once you get through security you're greeted by a bunch of enormously boring stores and whoever you're in the airport with will at one point want to go see what the stores have to offer. And all airports are the same. You'll find the same restaurants, the same stores, the same coffee shops etc. Also, there are crying kids everywhere, angry parents who regret bringing their 4-year-old on vacation, and you've got frat boys who are leaving for Ibiza, Crete, Turkey, Costa del Sol and so on.

Also, the climate in airports is always piss poor.

Thanks, do you have any hacks for stopping my "severe" sleep paralysis issues? I get it every night have have seen and heard so much over the top shit. Just 10 minutes ago, incredibly loudly my brain decided to hallucinate some woman going 'shhhh' into my ear. Was scary. Very. Sounded realer than real since it was coming from my brain, like someone had perfectly mixed it into perfect headphones and it was feeding it monophonically into my left ear.

In the past I've seen everything from the green goblin ( from spiderman) painting a picture of himself on my wall and laughing with his head twisted my way, to mr. rogers in a red sweater standing over me telling me that he's going to murder my family. Also seen more cliche things like a demon with a knife standing over my bed with this twisted smile on his face about to stab me.

And WHEN he stabbed me this HUGE pain went through my body, and my whole body felt as if it were shaking/buzzing. Buzzing is probably a better description. It was intense. I was sure I was dying. I remember calling out for help, and I heard me saying it, but I wasn't able to move my mouth. So I couldn't have been saying it. And then suddenly when the paralysis lifts, it's all gone in an instant.

Are you sleeping on your back? If so, try sleeping on your side. I have to force myself not to sleep on my back for this reason.