IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I just walked by the megaparty that was supposedly cancelled.  It's absolutely happening.  My friends from out of town were coming specifically to go there with me.  Their friend told them it was cancelled so they stayed home.  So much for that friend.

My room mate's cat managed to make the entire downstairs reek of piss.  This hasn't been a problem until now, surprisingly, and I'm wondering if it pissed somewhere mysterious like behind the couch, or into a heating vent, or... anyway, it's gross.  

I don't have anywhere particular I need to be today, but my car keys are being really fucking elusive today...  :facepalm:

FFS...Sure enough, wife comes home and finds the in the front pocket of one of my hoodies in the laundry hamper within about 5 minutes of looking... I had looked all around the apartment, even checking pants pockets and under the couch, etc... I'd lose so many things if not for that woman  :fail:

Man, I’m still looking for a office I can turn into a studio. So far I’ve found two amazing buildings. The first one was beautiful but terribly insulated. I was about to go see it for a second time but then some bastard decided to ask for a rental contract.

The second office was pretty much perfect, but the landlord was afraid that I was going to be noisy.

Ffs...

I discovered an online journal I wrote in 10 years ago still exists.  Spent the last hour setting entries to private, one at a time because that's the only goddamn way to do it.  I was tempted to delete the whole cringey thing but don't have the heart to do it.  It turns out it was over 10 years ago that I listened to the Slayer discography... which is disturbing because I would have guessed that was less than 5 years ago.  I still remember which streets I walked along while I listened to Reign in Blood... and I haen't heard it since despite thinking it was excellent.   I also downloaded the Van Halen discog but still have not gotten around to listening to any of it in the decade that has since transpired.  WTF happened to the last 10 years???  This is seriously depressing.  My subjective experience of time passing has accelerated SO MUCH since highschool.  The next 20 years will probably feel more like 5. 

the little nose support thing on my glasses is going to break off again. had it fixed once at a special glasses nerd shop. it broke off and they were able to weld it back on to be mostly like it's supposed to be.. this morning it was bent when i was cleaning my glasses which is odd because it's been rock sold like a hard superman of steel boner and not moved at all but now it's wobbly and if i touch it it will break. i can feel it bending against my nose in little increments. 

so, i'll have to go to the glasses show again which is 50 some blocks from work and in the middle of a traffic cluster fuck and hope they can repair it again.. if not i'll have to get new frames and probably new lenses since they can't just squeeze these lenses into any old frames.. 

i have spare pare of glasses to wear but they're so old the prescription of the lenses makes me feel like i'm having some kind of neurological eye freak out w/distance being all skiwampus. 

also, there's a nail in the right rear tire of my car and slowly leaks air over the week so i need to get a plug put in it. 

also i have a module i need to ship to a guy that was a preorder that took TWO fucking years to complete and he hasn't replied to any emails confirming his address.. i called him as well but no answer.. so i have this module sitting here that's paid for but i won't ship it until he confirms his shipping address. and it's the last bit of business i have w/the old synth store that went out of business (Muffwiggler store) and i'd really like to finally close that chapter for good but

fuck it.. too many words.. my first world problems are too wordy

Was walking outside and heard a distant rumbling that made me take my headphones off.  First thought was "did Kim Jong-un finally have enough of Trump's BS?  Is that what a nuke going off in LA sounds like from here?" I see no hysteria on facebook, so that probably wasn't it.  But definitely a FWP that it's a thought that now enters my mind with some degree of plausibility attached.

Was walking outside and heard a distant rumbling that made me take my headphones off.  First thought was "did Kim Jong-un finally have enough of Trump's BS?  Is that what a nuke going off in LA sounds like from here?" I see no hysteria on facebook, so that probably wasn't it.  But definitely a FWP that it's a thought that now enters my mind with some degree of plausibility attached.

lol, i heard a noise too but i'm in saanich  :shrug: