IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Went to Starbucks today to get my burnt bean special, and dey never b playin' my fav Max Martin tracks whenever I'm in dah. Just want to hear 'I Want It That Way' when buyin my coffee. DAMMIT!

Sean Booth: Yeah, there's definitely no hierarchy of the intellect going on. All these things about us being "intelligent" and the term "IDM" are just silly. I'm not a particularly intelligent person, me. I'm diligent, I'm pretty hardworking, but I'm not that clever. I ain't got any qualifications, I just pick up stuff that I think is interesting at the time. And is our music abstract and weird? To us or our mates it's not! Maybe if you've only listened to pop music, then yeah, it's weirder, because you've not been exposed to it. But that works the other way, too. I don't listen to pop, but someone dumped a load of Max Martin tracks on me to try and explain what he was about, and it seemed really, really alien to me, like Nazi youth music or something. I think everyone has a different idea of what weird is. 

"people" (who shall remain nameless) repeatedly asking cross-word questions, when they already know my stated position is "if i want to use my brain i'll read, if i want to waste time there are appropriate drugs for that & if i want to use my brain wasting time those clues would already've been answered".

it seems best to kill everyone concerned & then blame Brexit.

+ tree surgeons are fkn expensive - £2.5K to lop a bunch of trees that our neighbour has flubbed over procrastinated over for 4+years, to the extent she's now taking one other neighbour to court because he cut a branch off summat that was growing into his house.

parenthesis - get home early to tidy up & pay the bloke cash, then when i pull up every cunt's out on the street either shit talking about the female procrastinator, grumbling about their share of the fee being excessive or hiding like curtain twitchers.

cunt cull time.

Well my fucking luck just keeps getting worse... 

I was laid off yesterday just after lunch without warning due to company downsizing... Apparently they let my boss go earlier in the day as well, and since I was the new guy I was next on the chopping block. They are giving me 2 weeks severance, my accrued vacation time and I'm pretty sure eligible for unemployment, but it still fucking sucks. I don't even think I'd been there 90 days yet.

Well my fucking luck just keeps getting worse... 

I was laid off yesterday just after lunch without warning due to company downsizing... Apparently they let my boss go earlier in the day as well, and since I was the new guy I was next on the chopping block. They are giving me 2 weeks severance, my accrued vacation time and I'm pretty sure eligible for unemployment, but it still fucking sucks. I don't even think I'd been there 90 days yet.

damn that sucks dude. sorry

Bought a guitar pedal and I neglected to read the section in the product description that says that it may take a matter of months to ship. I was hoping to get a certain project started sooner than later.

ok rant time. 

Nothing much I guess? I bugged the VP of the company about it for a solid hour today. 

It's not actually the pay that's bothering me - it's knowing that my colleague in the same department in another city (we're a 3 person dept lol) got the same raise but does almost literally nothing (he has approximately 8hrs of scheduled work per month? the rest is supposed to be program development etc). All content development, program strategy, document maintence, auditing, etc is done by me. 

The bureaucracy is frustrating - I'm more of a subject matter expert than my boss, so I have to point out to my boss what mr colleague is missing/doing wrong (we're regulated by external guidelines, so me saying something is missing is objective/fact, not just me being a dink), and then I have to tell my boss when to follow up on mr colleagues work, and then he does follow up, and then the work gets re-assigned to me because it wasn't done properly by mr colleague to begin with. I still have to do quality control on all parts of mr colleagues work each month - all of his work is sent to me in a monthly packet for me to review and approve. I'm not exaggerating when I say 95% of the work is done by me, made even more frustrating by the fact that I'm managing the department through my boss. He's not managing anything the way its setup?

Top it off with Mr colleague submitting thousands of dollars in fraudulent overtime sheets over the summer only to still have a job? Literally making more money than me for doing almost nothing. 

but alas -  I'm compensated to a comfortable tune so have nothing real to bitch about. I should just be complacent and thankful to have a job etc. :shrug:

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Mmm that sounds quite frustrating . What's the likelihood you could match ur current salary / lifestyle package in the market ? Maybe time for a change up

In the current market it might be tough, Alberta is in rough shape right now. Last year I had a really great opportunity which would have been more money, a bigger company (opportunity for advancement etc). But my current company led me to believe they would be consolidating the department (under me), paying me more, etc, only for that to be a croc o sh1t. They asked how much money I'd need to stay here, told me to update my wardrobe, asked how much I could travel per month, and so on. Then as soon as my opportunity lapsed they basically pretended none of that happened. 

ugh

Mmm that sounds quite frustrating . What's the likelihood you could match ur current salary / lifestyle package in the market ? Maybe time for a change up

In the current market it might be tough, Alberta is in rough shape right now. Last year I had a really great opportunity which would have been more money, a bigger company (opportunity for advancement etc). But my current company led me to believe they would be consolidating the department (under me), paying me more, etc, only for that to be a croc o sh1t. They asked how much money I'd need to stay here, told me to update my wardrobe, asked how much I could travel per month, and so on. Then as soon as my opportunity lapsed they basically pretended none of that happened.

ugh

Well they've shown their hand , next time you won't hesitate or give them the opportunity to counter any offers. My thoughts : engage to the extent to get your job done, invest any extra emotional / cognitive energy into preparing for your next role :) that might mean going the extra mile now in your current job , but not for them , for you , so you can bolster your CV - u seem like a smart dude tho so I'm sure u already know dis

Very good advice though. Thank you. Yeah I've made a decision, they have no intention of being good leaders or treating me well. Time to get things in motion to move on.

The microphone in my cell phone stopped working. As far as I know, for no reason. Everything else, fine. Didn't drop it to cause this, seems to be a random hardware failure. Have a protection plan for cheap so I'm getting a new (well, a refurbished one) with no real fuss, a few days of inconvenience I guess? This is SFWPs after all.

lol this turned into a debacle. I'm on the road for work and so when i gave the guy a different address (the hotel) to send it to instead of my home address, he fucked it up and Google won't fucking ship me another replacement until they get the replacement they sent out back from Fedex. FedEx is obviously in no rush to get this back to Google so I've been waiting and waiting, and customer support is jerking me around just saying 'we can't do anything else til that gets back, we'll contact you when it does. eventually. maybe monday. soon.' so i'm just pissed at google and seriously considering just selling the replacement on ebay and taking my losses but the fucking camera on this Pixel is goddamned killer and i don't wanna give that up. /whining

I finally got a replacement from Google a week or two after this post...they sent me a refurb (was in great condition) of the same....... .  .   .    .       .       and the screen on it suddenly stopped working today, for absolutely no reason. Phone is charged, turns on via power button, etc....just no screen.  :cisfor:

Fool me once, shame on you. Or something, idk, i don't even need a phone i guess fuck it  :catsuicide:  :catsuicide:  :catsuicide:  :catsuicide:

:catghost:

Edited by auxien

there's this homeless guy who comes by the store (synth shop) once in a while. he's young.. maybe 30. has mental issues. rambles. doesn't make a lot of sense. he wants to play everything and i think he thinks he's in some kind of venue performing making beats. he's said things about "wanting to do more" and various things about making beats and jamming.

we'll let him in once in a while depending on his physical/mental condition. he came by just after i opened today and i told him "not to day" and made him leave.  

i feel guilty about it but didn't want to deal w/him and he was a mess. but it felt really cruel and i fucking hate having to deal w/that kind of situation. 

now i'm listening to Broadcast and checking emails.