IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Having to sit and endure a bunch of my work colleagues discussing the Pregnant ISIS 19yr old  wants to come back to the UK. "they'll let her back in and give her a big house and benefits and she'll churn out more terrorists"

"yes, this country is too soft on immigrants"

All four of these people are non-English.

Post Malone is proof-solid that looks have nothing to do with attractiveness.

Can I sub talent for looks and success for attractiveness? I haven’t listened to him at all but I see he gets thrown in the cloud/mumble rap genre, which generally makes me want to gouge my eardrums out with how fucking bland it all sounds. But he broke some billboard record that was held by Michael Jackson.

Even though I'm not using at the moment, and I've mostly been ok the past year or so, it seems addiction/drugs still dominate about 50% of my thoughts and it's so tiring. It's my own damn fault but goddamn.

Also the pastel coloured coasters I got today don't really go with the sort of earthy green/red/yellow hues on my coffeetable. They're fine on the dining table which has a kind of baby blue surface but I don't usually use coasters for the dining table. fml

[warning: this story is not worth the effort - either for you to read or for me to write]

I go once a week to this cafe in a neighbourhood I used to live in, cos they do probably the best breakfast plate I've ever had. however, it's usually rammed full on weekends and the narrow side-street it looks out on is full of inconsiderate twats in their oversized metal boxes trying to scrape past each other or find the perfect must-have parking spot right in front of the place. like public transport or bikes or legs - given that this place caters to, and is in the heart of, inner west hipsterdom who are all within easy distance - are out of the question.

today, I'd managed to find a sliver of parking space just across from where I could sit inside and have my usual and keep an eye on the bike (cos I usually have to for some reason or other). it's noisy, it's hot, there's too many fucking people, two girls sat uncomfortably close next to me on the bench blabber in my ear over the menu for 15 minutes and say things like "omg I loOoOve cauliflower???" (are you so empty inside that you're that enthused about... a fucking vegetable) and of course there are cars in the street honking and clattering and inching along barely missing each other as well as parked vehicles.

at some point this blind fuck who looks like a melange of every obnoxious 20something instagram archetype comes along and starts nudging my bike's front tyre on his left side without even noticing what he's doing as he's trying to pass a car on his right. they're both in a deadlock, and that is the only thing that gives me time enough to get up and get outside and shout at the cunt to back up before he climbs up on the thing, crashes it to the ground and rolls over it, oblivious. I'm standing right in front of this dickhead and gesticulating in no unclear manner and he gapes at me uncomprehendingly before two charred brain cells flicker on and he reverses a bit, enough for me to get on and angle the bike more lengthwise so that passing cars have no chance of swerving into it. (this practice is generally avoided because it wastes parking space.)

this endeavour takes about 90 seconds. I am across a narrow street, not 10 metres away from where I was sitting eating, and I can quite easily be seen and heard as I'm dealing with this situation. I go back inside and find one of the servers has not only cleared my plate and drinks - I was maybe three-quarters done - but also yanked my phone which I'd left on the table. she comes up behind me as I notice this and hands back my phone and gives me one of those super fake "oh I'm so sorry" learned hospitality routines followed by the hilarious non sequitur "would you like some more avocado?" - I mean, I have no fucking plate and no fucking space anymore, what are you going to do, put a glob of mashed avocado in my hand and call it a day? she thought I'd cut and run and left my phone behind.

I paid and left immediately, rather than express my sentiments which would probably not have ended well. I'll be back next week, and will discuss this calmly with other girl who's usually served me before who is fine, if only to get it off my chest and not feel like I was singled out for this shit because I go out of my way to come to a place that I don't really "belong" in.

fuck the inner west.

Edited by usagi

I had an experience with entitled hipsters of my own last week. I met with my buddy who I haven't seen for almost a year, so we grab a beer, then another one, then go grab some burgers, and drink some more. So for the next pit stop, he suggests we go to this hipster bar to which I only reluctantly agree since I know what's the deal there. So there we are, an hour later, sipping the second friggin' expensive beer in that bad place, in a nice comfortable nook we were able to acquire since we got there relatively early (the place starts filling up late). Then the bartender lady comes up to us and says our table was reserved and asks us to relocate to a lesser table or sit by the bar. We were quite struck by her nonchalant manner and the fact that a bar would even have a policy of reserving tables (it's not a fancy bar). So my buddy goes "so basically you're throwing us out?" and she goes "no, I'm just saying you have about 15 minutes before they arrive, and then I'll have to ask you to move someplace else." Then I said "Don't you think it's a little rude to relocate guests and not offer them some sort of compensation, like a round on the house, to make them feel welcome when they decide to come here next time?" Then she said "Sir, that is not our policy." So I kind of retorted "Oh so you are the kind of bar that offers reservations, but don't have a policy in our case?" At that point the lady did not know what to say and just said she's sorry. But it wasn't a sincere sorry. It was that hipster sorry with blank eyes. Then she left, my buddy said it's not worth it, we payed and left. And later i felt remorse for not just leaving without paying.

I just paid a $270 electric bill this month. I haven't adjusted the thermostat for the past month, and I only ran the dishwasher once. And I turn off all lights before heading to work. So why is it so fucking high??