IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

went to a dental hygienist yesterday for the first time in like 15 years, a fucking nightmare that lasted about 20 minutes. horrible gum pain, blood and saliva splashing everywhere and spilling onto the neck all while ktpa1 and 2 from smojphace ep are being blasted into your eyeballs with that drill. the hygienist was a brutal russian lady with no concept of human rights whatsoever, i was in tears from the pain but she was completely unphazed, didn't even stop and ask if im doing ok. a true professional.

went to a dental hygienist yesterday for the first time in like 15 years, a fucking nightmare that lasted about 20 minutes. horrible gum pain, blood and saliva splashing everywhere and spilling onto the neck all while ktpa1 and 2 from smojphace ep are being blasted into your eyeballs with that drill. the hygienist was a brutal russian lady with no concept of human rights whatsoever, i was in tears from the pain but she was completely unphazed, didn't even stop and ask if im doing ok. a true professional.

i have a ptsd from this one appointment at the dental emergency clinic several years ago. my regular doctor had no free time slot for another month, but the tooth pain was 15 out of 1-10 so i had to do something - this pointless suffering must end. i come to the clinic and this woman barely said a word, takes a look, and says "this will need some work", she was obviously a bit agitated, shoves the drill in my mouth, NEVER BOTHERS TO ASK ME IF I MIGHT WANT TO OPT FOR A GOD DAMN ANESTHETIC and just starts drilling, right into the eye of the pain, right into the very core of my absolute misery, ravaging at my delicate inner rot without a quantum of compassion. in a second I was paralyzed by pain, my eyes screamed horror and surprise, walls skewed, vision tunneled, i could have ripped the arm rests off the chair, i couldn't even scream, i just shook the fabric of time and space. that was more than i bore back in the Jungle. that was my most Rambo moment ever.

i think the dentists gladly use such opportunities to a) vent all their accumulated hate, wallowing comfortably they only way they know - cold precision, and b) to teach you to never forget to take care of your teeth again

they are actually the heroes we don't need need, but deserve.

Got a ticket for that OPN gig at the roundhouse tonight, I just know I won't be bothered to haul my arse all the way from Maidenhead to Camden and back. Im just not in the mood for the public transport mission. I just don't have the motivation at all. Seems a shame though. I'd rather pop down my local pub (4 minute walk) and watch a film.

It's only the second time I've bailed from going to a gig. Getting home from London can be such a ball ache. Blah blah blah.

Get a cab! Oh, wait.

lol @ dentist horrors, get into it

Counter-intuitively dentists are where ptsd doesn't "present" as aggressively as usual. When they inject metal into jaw/face/teeth roots & bone, this zen benzo-like calm washes over & when the drills come out & tooth & gum flesh sherds starts splashing, it can be fun watching the bloke earn his outrageous fees.

Previous dentist was a confirmed nudist in his spare time, his son died in a parachute jump accident then his marriage disintegrated, so he was always simmering & on the brink of breaking down in that textbook English manner of suppressed breezy madness. Just what you want peering down, working on your teefs.

Previous dentist was a confirmed nudist in his spare time, his son died in a parachute jump accident then his marriage disintegrated, so he was always simmering & on the brink of breaking down in that textbook English manner of suppressed breezy madness. Just what you want peering down, working on your teefs.

lol was he like "have you ever experienced pain, young man?" looking over his glasses as he tested the drill pressure

"when you bury your brave varsity son, the one who completed the man's life, then your wife, the only thing in life you have left, decides to fuck your neighbor..." as he mushes your gums

your eyes glance to the left where his young hot assistant whispers, affectionately "just say you're very sorry"

my favourite was his flushed red face, bald & spectacled, grimacing with anger, while he tried to pull a cracked tooth once

it made you think this was the cum-face his wife had to eyeball repeatedly over failing decades of futile vows

the assitant bit is way too close to the mark, brrrrr, uncanny, tits in your face with broken enamel & blood running down your chin are never a good mix, unless you're Peter Sutcliffe

I had a bad experience with a dentist when i was young. I had this gnarly baby tooth that had a root which was like an inch too long so i went to get it removed and of course there wasn't enough numbing agent.

He goes "this is just going to hurt like a mosquito bite"... Ripping it from my mouth.

I'm sure i would have unleashed a barrage of curses but i was too young to know any...

Edited by yek

just went to a new doctor (moved to a new area). nice enough, but at one point she said she's "not a vaccine pusher," and considering the measles outbreak in WA that seemed like a strange thing to casually throw in there :cerious:

also got prescribed the wrong dosage for my meds, ffs people.

If that's a regular doctor, like an MD, regular pratitioner of medicine etc... she should have her license and everything revoked for making that statement.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I've always hated going to the dentist but have never experienced an actual horror show like the ones above.  It seems like where I live they have... a code of conduct. 

I guess this is sort of the opposite of an FWP.  

to be fair, it was in the context of whether i generally get flu shots (i don't). but yeah, strange comment.

Oh ok, that's a bit different. I thought you meant like MMR, tetanus, etc lol

i have no one to whom i can say "succulent chinese meeeal" to when ordering chinese food

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/b0clcu/to_this_day_this_is_probably_my_favorite_public/

Haha. I remember that clip from back in 2013. Fella would make one hell of a film actor.

"And you sir, are you waiting to receive my limp penis?"

Got exactly 1 (one) official transcript from the fair that promised us 15 (fifteen). Can’t open it to confirm my graduation without unofficializing it. Wooooohooooo

You may have to politely request the other fourteen at gunpoint.

If that's a regular doctor, like an MD, regular pratitioner of medicine etc... she should have her license and everything revoked for making that statement.

to be fair, it was in the context of whether i generally get flu shots (i don't). but yeah, strange comment.

It sounds like she cares more about retention of patients than the truth. This really should be a sign of how big anti-vax is getting. I'm starting over the past year or so see the anti-vax meme in real life a life... or a few posts by people I know on FB anyway.

Reading about anti-vaxxers had me question "Can a virus infect another virus?"

Apparently so: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/phenomena/2008/08/07/the-virophage-a-virus-that-infects-other-viruses/

When this record-breaker infects amoebae, it forms gigantic viral factories that pump out new copies of itself. When the team looked at these under an electron microscope, they found the equivalent of microscopic Russian dolls – tiny viral particles, just 50 nanometes in size and distinct from mamavirus itself. It’s all very meta, and to the researchers, the fact that mamaviruses can “get sick” themselves is further evidence that viruses are indeed living things.

So if the X Virus from Metroid Fusion somehow reaches Earth, all the anti-vaxxers will be the first to get turned into mutant killer Matryoshka dolls. Got it.