IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I was being guilted this morning about not having a fb account because supposedly I'm missing all the important family information, which for some reason nobody bothers to send me personally. Because this was like the first message I saw when I was waking up I got a tiny bit angry and basically questioned the whole idea of the family communicating only through a single fb group and everybody who's not a member is just forgotten. I asked if people are not actually anymore bothered to contact each other personally instead of just making announcements on fb and if the whole family communication is reduced to just a fb group.. 

It's kind of interesting because I used to think that the extended family I have on my mother's side is actually pretty active in each other's lives because most of them live like within 50km radius and I was isolated by distance mostly but it seems that in reality they just fuck all communicate with each other unless somebody bothers to post in fb.

Let's see what's the fall out of this..

By myself in Singapore on a business trip atm... Thought it would be a super fun adventure, but it's kinda lonely as I don't know anyone here and I'm just walking through endless malls and food courts and taking taxis to tourist areas. Right now I'm sitting on a bench in the middle of a downtown busy area, people watching and just absorbing the city lights and sounds, ambient music rings through out the countless high rises and swirls around. There are so many high end stores, it's unreal, obscure fashion from paris and Japan... Gucci/lv stores everywhere I go. This place makes LA and NY look trashy. I just want to put on some Basinksi or 2 8 1 4 on headphones and close my eyes.

By myself in Singapore on a business trip atm... Thought it would be a super fun adventure, but it's kinda lonely as I don't know anyone here and I'm just walking through endless malls and food courts and taking taxis to tourist areas. Right now I'm sitting on a bench in the middle of a downtown busy area, people watching and just absorbing the city lights and sounds, ambient music rings through out the countless high rises and swirls around. There are so many high end stores, it's unreal, obscure fashion from paris and Japan... Gucci/lv stores everywhere I go. This place makes LA and NY look trashy. I just want to put on some Basinksi or 2 8 1 4 on headphones and close my eyes.

Nice, I'm actually pretty close by in Jakarta atm.

Try going to China Town. They have some excellent food and it's not so clinically clean there. Also when I was in Singapore I stayed in Geylang, which is by Singaporean standards "a bad neighborhood".. actually really peaceful. You can find some frog porridge shops there.

Then there's the Haw Par Villa theme park which gets quite interesting..

inline-haw-par-women.jpg?itok=W6TycbBi

The headphone jack in my phone finally stopped working. Granted it was crapping out for over a year, but now it's completely shot. So I'm gonna try using my 8-year-old HTC Desire as a backup music player. Hopefully it'll still work for that purpose. Because I'm too cheap to pay off another 2-year phone contract just to get a new phone with a functional jack.

Try going to China Town. They have some excellent food and it's not so clinically clean there. Also when I was in Singapore I stayed in Geylang, which is by Singaporean standards "a bad neighborhood".. actually really peaceful. You can find some frog porridge shops there.

Oh nice are you there for travel or business? Jakarta seems interesting. Thanks for the tips there, didn't have a chance to do much as it was a lot of work stuff in the day and super tired after each day haha, but did get to see some cool things. Clinical is a good way of describing Singapore, but it has it's charm and everyone's very nice. Fascinating the taxi driver told me that he sees more people come for business travel than leisure.

It's funny I'm usually into trying to new foods but I just couldn't get into it there, no matter what I tried. My favorite moment was a surreal light/music show at Marina Bay Sands over the river, and they were playing a Sakamoto cover. Totally mezmorizing.

Oh nice are you there for travel or business? Jakarta seems interesting. Thanks for the tips there, didn't have a chance to do much as it was a lot of work stuff in the day and super tired after each day haha, but did get to see some cool things. Clinical is a good way of describing Singapore, but it has it's charm and everyone's very nice. Fascinating the taxi driver told me that he sees more people come for business travel than leisure.

It's funny I'm usually into trying to new foods but I just couldn't get into it there, no matter what I tried. My favorite moment was a surreal light/music show at Marina Bay Sands over the river, and they were playing a Sakamoto cover. Totally mezmorizing.

I'm here for travel, this was the cheapest place to fly to in Indonesia from Cambodia. To be honest I would rather be in Singapore than here, but as this was my entry point to Indonesia I decided to stay for a few days. My plan is to continue overland to the east end of Java and then by ferry to Bali. After that I really don't know.. Anyway, I've got a plane ticket from Kalimantan to Malaysian Borneo but not sure I will use that, it only cost around 19USD and I needed some kind of of proof of onward travel so I bought it mostly for that.

I think I'm slowly becoming Asian. Sun was shining this morning and I was annoyed by that. Why can't it be just nice and cloudy so I don't burn myself? lol

Do the night safari in Singapore if you have time. Along with the food, it is one of the few things worth seeing in Singapore. Alternatively, check out the human rights abuses in virtually every household that has a domestic servant.

i'm kicking myself for buying a 128 gig sd instead of a 256 gig for my new mp3 player. it's not like it's hard to remove something i'm not listening to and switch it to something else.

technology has made me spoiled..  :crazy:

Edited by yek

I've just learned about Jacob Collier, and now i'm depressed...

The musical equivalent of a piece of whitewashed mdf with live love laugh painted onto it.

i like some of jacob collier's stuff from his last album but he doesn't seem to know how to reel it in and focus on one thing, his songs end up sounding like taking every concept and trying to jam it into one pop/jazz song. i have a feeling his future efforts will get better tho.

My parents adopted two stray cats that were feral and had them for about a year. Somewhat recently they found a family online that wanted to care for them.

This was excellent because this family lives out in the country (iabpoitc), with acreage, farm animals, all that stuff.

After many times trying to reconnect with the family to see how the cats are doing she finally made a date to do just that a couple days ago. Bringing my aunt with her they got a call just before they arrived at the farm, the family wouldn't be home to see them but go ahead and visit the cats in the barn.

When they entered the "barn", a small guest house type thing that had been built but not finished, no insulation, no electricity, they found the cats. They were dirty, matted fur, cold, skittish and appeared that they were being trapped in there. Just all around bad living conditions.

So, it was my mom and aunts decision to take the cats back to mom's home.

Now angry emails later back and forth my mom remembers that the husband from the farm is rcmp so my mom is expecting cops at her door at any time.

Edited by yek

Hmm... you and I know Canadian law and all chances are she's going to catch shit for it even though it's completely the right thing to do... =(

How does it work in BC, will the SPCA or anything help?

i like some of jacob collier's stuff from his last album but he doesn't seem to know how to reel it in and focus on one thing, his songs end up sounding like taking every concept and trying to jam it into one pop/jazz song. i have a feeling his future efforts will get better tho.

hes an astonishingly gifted musician with a unfortunately terrible taste in music. excited to see what he comes up with in his 30's though.

Hmm... you and I know Canadian law and all chances are she's going to catch shit for it even though it's completely the right thing to do... =(

How does it work in BC, will the SPCA or anything help?

I dunno man. My mom doesn't have a criminal bone in her body

Getting the spca involved is a good idea, if this escalates.