IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

13 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

One of the only clubs here who will book local acts that don't have huge followings also shut down for good a couple weeks ago.  Bad times for live music.

BOO! That really sucks. I only hope, and assume, that the people that run these spaces are passionate enough to re-open when it becomes financially viable again; hopefully these spaces are just on pause.... 

14 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

BOO! That really sucks. I only hope, and assume, that the people that run these spaces are passionate enough to re-open when it becomes financially viable again; hopefully these spaces are just on pause.... 

Unlikely - they were on pause since March, and officially called it over earlier this month.  I don't think they were able to continue paying the rent without the business.  It's pretty sad.  They've been an important part of the local scene since the 90's (maybe 80's).  I've performed there with almost every band/project I've had from high school until now.  It was the one club in town where you could contact the booker direct, and pretty much be guaranteed a show.  They were really open to giving new acts in any genre a chance.  Every other club in town has an elitist attitude about it.  

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

K guys your first world problems are starting to get a little bit too legit here. 

Here's one: I can't figure out what the "burger" reaction is actually supposed to mean, and I've been using it anyway.

I think that, traditionally, particularly clever quips or one-liners would be quoted by others with the quotation being put between two burger buns to emphasize its yummyness.

Today, the burger is regarded by some as the king of the reaction emojis; it seems to me, however, that there has been a shift towards increasingly rewarding gifs or memes (especially dank ones) with a burger, but that might just be a consequence of the general pictorial turn.

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

58 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Thanks for the info! I wasn't too far off. It seemed to have multiple possible meanings, all of them positive, but in the back of my mind was this sliver of doubt.  

I lurked on and off for years (always around the time of Autechre releases - this community is the best resource there is, tbh!) so I know a fair bit of the in-jokes and whatnot, but I don't get the fix that burger joke. Should I be reading the rules? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

burger.png

• Like 1
  • Burger 2

On 11/6/2020 at 9:46 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Ugh the suspense is killing me - they told me they’d get back to me today either way. Well they did kinda - HR emailed me saying another manager wants to have an “informal chat” with me Monday? I’ve never encountered this in the interview process. 

first world success

got job ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Burger 1

In a movie, every time I see the bad guy throw the protagonist around the room instead of actually hurting him or her, it immediately takes any immersion out for the next minute or so.

And it's in 80% of all action movies/ horror films. At least one throw.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

first world success

got job ?

He's probably a body builder admiring the insane muscles of your avatar. But also likes your practicality of wearing a mask while flexing.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

first world success

got job ?

Attaboy! Congratulations!

On 11/10/2020 at 10:51 PM, IDEM said:

I got a fucking tennis elbow from hacking away at a keyboard all damn day. And I can't stop working cause I have contracts to honor. ?

Also got my first pair of reading glasses recently. Body is shutting down basically, might as well call it a day.

Now I got a bandage, and it stinks. I mean, literally stinks. It the zinc oxide ointment or whatever. That smell is gonna haunt me in my dreams.

This might be the first bandage that actually smells better after wearing it for a week.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

He's probably a body builder admiring the insane muscles of your avatar. But also likes your practicality of wearing a mask while flexing.

It was a she :catrecline:

lol 

I'm pretty grateful just to be getting back to work! Stoked to start the 30th. Small pay drop compared to before but its a much larger company so lots of room for advancement.

Happy stevie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

logic 10.6 update is out but requires Catalina. bunch of dickheads.  arbitrary requirement. i'm on mojave and would like to avoid catalina because i'm still reading about problems with after all these years. 

Edited by ignatius

5 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

It was a she :catrecline:

lol 

I'm pretty grateful just to be getting back to work! Stoked to start the 30th. Small pay drop compared to before but its a much larger company so lots of room for advancement.

Happy stevie

I assumed someone's gender. I am horrible person now. I'ma go join the conservatives. STOP THE STEAL!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I often get the urge to pee out the window beside my bed (now, for instance), but it has a non-removable screen.

Why are we awake at this hour? ?

Pee through the screen ?‍♂️

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

When you open a thread and react to a post, but then you realize it's three years old.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

When you open a thread and react to a post, but then you realize it's three years old.

I'm going to react to this in three years time.

When you realize 3 years are up and you need to go back to that post and react to it.

• Thanks 1