• Nostalgia
    • Trying to learn English
    • Don't know
    • No life
    • Other (do tell)
    • Habbit
    • The Hobbit

Guest Iain C

Nostalgia. This place was a lot more fun before all people cared about was posting tits and sharing links they got from Reddit. It still has its moments, and I still care about a lot of the people here - but less and less as time goes on.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nostalgia. This place was a lot more fun before all people cared about was posting tits and sharing links they got from Reddit. It still has its moments, and I still care about a lot of the people here - but less and less as time goes on.

I agreed with you up until the part about tits - a man of less ambiguous sexuality would understand that the nice tits thread was a celebration of life, as was chatmm, and the diversity of voices now silent. Amen.

for the tits

+ talking about (good) music. + checking out some of the peoples tunes in EKT, when i get the chance. oh and the mixes, sometimes.

Guest Iain C

I agreed with you up until the part about tits - a man of less ambiguous sexuality would understand that the nice tits thread was a celebration of life, as was chatmm, and the diversity of voices now silent. Amen.

On the tits thing - I don't think stuff like the "nice tits thread" or whatever should be deleted. I think JR made the wrong call on that one.

But I do think that fact that it was such a big deal to so many people was part of a shift towards a sort of coarser, more aggressively laddish tone on the board. That sort of attitude seems like a 4chan/Reddit import to me, too.

I mostly read for release news & to discover new artists... but, of course, talking about music as well. Nobody I know likes this kind of stuff as much as I do, so I gotta get excited about it somewhere!

On the tits thing - I don't think stuff like the "nice tits thread" or whatever should be deleted. I think JR made the wrong call on that one.

But I do think that fact that it was such a big deal to so many people was part of a shift towards a sort of coarser, more aggressively laddish tone on the board. That sort of attitude seems like a 4chan/Reddit import to me, too.

Yeah I think he got it backwards, he needs to ban the 4chan/reddit stuff and bring back the sex.

I've been coming here everyday for over a year waiting. Someone more senior than I told me Fred McGriff is really funny. So I come, and I read....days go by, followed by weeks, months and years....

And yet Fred is not funny.

I completely agree, but that's what happens when you alienate or remove the smart/interesting people on the board :cerious:

I have a feeling I'll be here until it really, really starts to suck though. Nyah :nyan:

hmm, yeah it's never good to point out that someone is funny when the humour is subtle.

dunno what i'm talking about actually, people found mcgriff funny cause he talked about poo.

Part of why Fred is funny is in the delivery. Basically, as stated above, Fred is likable. Fred and, say, elusive, could make essentially the same comment, but Fred's would make me lol a little and elusive's would make me put a fist through my work monitor. And elusive probably wouldn't have intended the comment to read that way, but it's all in the fucking delivery, and elusive is incapable of not sounding like the world's most ornery aspie, whereas Fred you could have a beer with.

And also, Fred appreciates goats and jots shit down for future reference and I respect that.

edit: can i be ltm nao plz

Honestly I'm from espana and I'm trying to learn English.

I speak English very well! I learn it aaaaa from a book (and watmm)! Hulleeeeew, I am English. How are you sir?

Guest futuregirlfriend

Initially music, later lols. I did vote habit but deleted it because it felt too critical. The posters are what make me come back. I'm too laid back to get that frustrated by most people, and probably a depressing percentage of my own contributions are stupid or regrettable. I'm glad when people who have no genuine interest in offering anything to the community are culled, disappointed when others who may be a little too x-treme for an increasingly conservative watmm get whacked. Craig Anderson in moderation adds a little flava. He doesn't set out to infuriate people, took that now lost yo-yo doodle in his stride. Even people who I've had no interaction with over the years, it's interesting to hear about them. I started this post before I went off for dinner now I have no idea where I'm going. As a tit fan, the clean up was a blow and the aggregation threads can be a bit much but they seem to serve a purpose. WATMM's doing alright, there are still interesting discussions. Love will find a way.

Archived