IGNORED

Board Game Discussion

murve33

Fuck, I love Monopoly. Played everyday during study hall of my senior year of high school. Most of these games look super nerdy complicated, and I never have the patience for those. That Star Wars game sounds pretty awesome though.

Catan and Carcassonne both intrigue me. Someone whose a fan of one or both give me a sales pitch on why I should be even more interested in said games.

Gah, I just received this in the mail.

pic332246_md.jpg

It sounded promising, but the tile tracks are such a pain in the fucking ass. The rules say you can play without the track, but that seems to defeat the purpose of the game. I need me some new word games. I only like Boggle and Scrabble so far. This and Scribbage are pretty shit.

Ticket to Ride is fun, especially when you know you can't win and you start fucking up other people's route.

Wow, just read about that game. It sounds amazing, but it's pretty pricey.

Guest Funktion

RISK, i played obsessively on warlight.net for months but im now into online poker, which isn't a board game but is equally addictive.

• 11 months later...

currently hooked on UNO Dice, fucking love dice games, and this one has an original take.

Tryin to find a new Othello (Reversi) set in the stores, not easy as I think it went out of print.

Forgot all about this thread.

Found this game in a Thrift Store a while ago.

Surviveboardgame.jpg

It's pretty fun. Your party needs to escape the island as it slowly sinks into shark-infested waters. It's rather luck-based, but fun.

Tantrix.jpg

I have nobody to play board games with besides my dad, so I don't play as often as I would like to. I miss playing Tantrix in the beach with my dad.

Great game that, Qwirkle is great too.

Qwirkle.jpg

i play the shit out of diplomacy, catan, and axis and allies.

last year bought the pacific theater and europe theater and combined them into about a 45 hour game. holly fuck it was fun when i got drunk and accidentally sent german panzers to scotland

Guest jasondonervan

Would very much like to play this. Well Boards (arf) of Canada:

"A board. Wooden trees of different sizes. Little wooden pawns. A candle.

The child player takes one of the little wooden pawns (the dwarves) and hides it in the forest, in a patch of shadow. Once all the children have hidden their dwarves. The adult player, a giant with a bright lantern represented by a tea-light, rolls a die and moves that many paces through the trees. As the light source moves, the shadows dance and stretch. Any dwarf caught in the light is frozen, unable to move, until another dwarf can come to touch it and break the spell. The dwarves win the game by coming together in the same patch of shadow, under the same tree. The light-bringer wins if it freezes all the dwarves."

http://www.rockpaper...s-in-the-woods/

light5.jpg

light4.jpg

Edited by jasondonervan

Carcassonne is pretty boring imo. I never found it interesting enough.

Never forget how awesome the classic board games are : Monopoly, Scrabble or Cluedo (!) games are sometimes as fun as this great new video game you just bought to play with friends.

Also Abalone and Awale are top notch 1v1 board games !

yeah, chess is my #1.

My parents wanted to play board games last time I was home, and they busted out this game called Blokus.

200px-Blokus.jpg

You try to take over as much of the board as possible, and block off other colors from being able to do the same. I wailed at this game, unstoppable, so naturally I am a fan. Come at me bro.