IGNORED

Questions you would ask BoC/Hexagon Sun

Dragon

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

Artworks are finished when money runs out. I wished myself a pleasurable rash once but it did not happen!

I reckon if they do release new material, it will be in the form of an album like Quaristice by Autechre, short songs that display a multitude of different things.

i wonder what their day jobs are? i mean, they hardly release anything and they don't tour, so there is no way that they can support themselves just from their music. are they neurosurgeons or corporate lawyers or something?

given the public interest in them and the quality of their music, it seems that if they released more often and toured they could definitely do music full-time as a viable career, so why not? so few electronic musicians get that kind of opportunity these days.

I love how you all assume they DON'T make their living in the music industry... just because they haven't released any new BoC material, does not mean they don't work in the music industry in some other capacity... after all, arranging and mastering pays well these days I hear if you have the proper credentials and pedigree...

Come to think of it, why do they have so many gems of tracks they've either played live or put on more of their "lesser" releases (ex: BOC Maxima)? Spiro, the track from Warp10 Live (both really), and songs like Chinook and Red Moss off BOC Maxima are fantastic.

I love how you all assume they DON'T make their living in the music industry... just because they haven't released any new BoC material, does not mean they don't work in the music industry in some other capacity... after all, arranging and mastering pays well these days I hear if you have the proper credentials and pedigree...

Probably more of the assumption that if they do they're very closed about it when so many individuals (I'm sure they're aware to some degree) are vying to hear anything they're involved in. Is BoC like the new hip grunge band of electronic music that hates all their success?

Come to think of it, why do they have so many gems of tracks they've either played live or put on more of their "lesser" releases (ex: BOC Maxima)? Spiro, the track from Warp10 Live (both really), and songs like Chinook and Red Moss off BOC Maxima are fantastic.

"lesser"? you mean less known, harder to know about. i'd say they wan't you to seek the mystery/feelings their music embodies. they're not just gonna hand it to you a silver platter every time.

Probably more of the assumption that if they do they're very closed about it when so many individuals (I'm sure they're aware to some degree) are vying to hear anything they're involved in. Is BoC like the new hip grunge band of electronic music that hates all their success?

from the sound of this i'd say you're hugely, hugely underestimating them and the reason they make music/asking for too much. they've already given us so much, now it's your turn; is the message behind their demeanor

"lesser"? you mean less known, harder to know about. i'd say they wan't you to seek the mystery/feelings their music embodies. they're not just gonna hand it to you a silver platter every time.

I did mean the ones that are less known, yes.

from the sound of this i'd say you're hugely, hugely underestimating them and the reason they make music/asking for too much. they've already given us so much, now it's your turn; is the message behind their demeanor

Our turn to what? :|

Our turn to what? :|

make (new) musics. obv.

surely that'd be used a selling point though?

***** MASTERED BY MARCUS FROM BOARDS OF CANADA!!! LIMITED PRESSING, NO DIGITAL DL!!! *****

joking side... how likely is it that they do that sort of work and are completely uncredited for it? i guess they just ask demand that their names stay off the release or something, lol.

if they really are making their living doing that stuff, you'd think their names would be on some liner notes every now and then.... but they've vanished completely instead. quite an achievement in this internet age

***** MASTERED BY MARCUS FROM BOARDS OF CANADA!!! LIMITED PRESSING, NO DIGITAL DL!!! *****

joking side... how likely is it that they do that sort of work and are completely uncredited for it? i guess they just ask demand that their names stay off the release or something, lol.

if they really are making their living doing that stuff, you'd think their names would be on some liner notes every now and then.... but they've vanished completely instead. quite an achievement in this internet age

their names would still appear on the BPI and PRS databases for payment of royalties (since producers get the highest royalty). and since there are some...determined BoC cultists out there, I'm sure they would have found out what tracks they had worked on.

so i call bullshit on it, unless they're doing it without getting paid. which i dunno if that can actually legally happen

their names would still appear on the BPI and PRS databases for payment of royalties (since producers get the highest royalty). and since there are some...determined BoC cultists out there, I'm sure they would have found out what tracks they had worked on.

so i call bullshit on it, unless they're doing it without getting paid. which i dunno if that can actually legally happen

What would be stopping them from creating a Trust, or a company (LLC) and having dues paid to that entity. It would keep their names off the databases, right?

Even if that were true, surely some band they had worked with would leak the fact that they're collaborating with the guys from Boards of Canada. Even if Mike and Marcus had legal documents stating you can't mention working with us, that is impossible to enforce. At the end of the day, who gives a shit anyway?

If they were desperate for cash they could easily have gone down the bocset route. They may be minted through inheritence, you never know.

Anyways, although 6 years now in waiting is twice as long as it took to make Campfire after Geogaddi, perhaps they weren't totally happy with the results of TCH.

I'd imagine though, nagging wives and screaming brats has no doubt taken its toll on creative juices. Oh, and i think one lived in New Zealand and the other in Hong Kong for a while which probably didn't help. I'm expecting a new sub-genre; Bluestronica.

What would be stopping them from creating a Trust, or a company (LLC) and having dues paid to that entity. It would keep their names off the databases, right?

as far as i know, royalty payments don't work like that.

Archived