IGNORED

Questions you would ask BoC/Hexagon Sun

Dragon

Boards of Canada don't give us answers. They haven't done for years.

But if you could ask them a question, any question at all, what would it be? Just post them here, :cerious: or :cisfor: . It's just for fun, really. Something to pass the time before whatever happens. Hell, we might even get a word or two from mdg if we're lucky.

1. (obvious) Will you ever release anything again?

2. Do the old cassette releases (Catalog 3, Acid Memories, Play By Numbers etc.) actually exist? They date back to before 1994, which is when the band claim to have started using the name 'Boards of Canada'. It seems physical copies of these releases are so rare, they've never been leaked or even discovered by anyone outside the band (unlike the 'Old Tunes' tapes, which have never been acknowledged by BoC.) Then again, I've seen Hooper Bay listed in an official record price guide...

3. Who is dominant, Mike or Marcus?

4. Do you care about what people say about you on internet forums such as these? Do our comments and opinions influence you in any way, or are you just ambivalent to them?

5. (I totally understand if this needs to be kept secret) What do Hexagon Sun actually do? What is their purpose? How many members does it have, roughly?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lucy Faringold

So much to ask, but I'd like to get into detail about their own music and the processes they go through, even though I'm sure they wouldn't want to give too much away. I also like to hear them talk about the music/art that they really love. I think that gives some great insights.

A couple years ago it seemed like I was within a hair's breadth of scoring an interview with them cause the publication I was writing for did a poll on the best scottish LPs of the last decade and Boards got two albums voted into the top 20. We were in the process of setting it up with Warp's PR and it sounded like they were well up for it, but eventually it fell through, apparently because of personal shit they were busy with + wanting to focus on finishing the record.

I wonder how much PR they'll do for the new one? I'm guessing Warp will probably be pushing for a fuck load since the album's been pushed back so many times.

Train A is traveling 100 miles per hour and train B is traveling 125mph. If train A reaches a station at 1:20pm and train B reaches the same staion at 1:32pm, at what time will train B catch up to train A?

Train A is traveling 100 miles per hour and train B is traveling 125mph. If train A reaches a station at 1:20pm and train B reaches the same staion at 1:32pm, at what time will train B catch up to train A?

rofl

Guest Spittal

nope. i found it. anyone have a bigger picture of this

981.jpg

Could only find this slightly bigger version:

bocpic1.jpg

Wow, they look like such scum bags here.

The nineties were a different time....

Guest Dogboy73

1. (obvious) Will you ever release anything again?

Doesn't look like it ...... bit pigs DO fly.

2. Do the old cassette releases (Catalog 3, Acid Memories, Play By Numbers etc.) actually exist? They date back to before 1994, which is when the band claim to have started using the name 'Boards of Canada'. It seems physical copies of these releases are so rare, they've never been leaked or even discovered by anyone outside the band (unlike the 'Old Tunes' tapes, which have never been acknowledged by BoC.) Then again, I've seen Hooper Bay listed in an official record price guide...

I've been questioning the authenticity of these 'releases' for some years now. Personally I don't believe they exist. Certainly not in the 100+ run of any given format. The tracks would be out there if this many had been created. Even if they were 'for friends and family'. But they never turn up. My suspicions were further raised when they were removed from the BoC web page. The Acid Memories 'release' dates back to 1989 bu the band have said they didn't use the name Boards of Canada until 1994. So how could Acid Memories be real?!!

3. Who is dominant, Mike or Marcus?

You think BoC are into that sort of kinky stuff?! :-)

4. Do you care about what people say about you on internet forums such as these? Do our comments and opinions influence you in any way, or are you just ambivalent to them?

They're probably laughing their arses of at us talking about cover fonts & what not! Jeez! There's more to life than BoC. And there's little life left in this BoC sub forum. It's more of a sub, sub, sub forum now! Close the damn thing down! Put it to sleep. We can start it up again if & when BoC decide to do something again.

5. (I totally understand if this needs to be kept secret) What do Hexagon Sun actually do? What is their purpose? How many members does it have, roughly?

By the Chirst!! It's like we're talking about some sort of cult!! These are just 2 guys that make exceptionally good music, have an air of mystique about them & don't do f**k all these days. Does that answer your question? :-)

Right, I'm off. Glad I go that off my chest before the thread gets locked ;-)

Archived